587,743 active members*
3,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Dewalt DWP611 1.25hp router $120 Lowes

Hybrid View

The best place to get precision collets is PreciseBits but they don't yet show them on the website. If there are enough calls asking about them they will probably add it to their list. Or at least investigate whether one they already sell will fit the DW611.

If you use anything like a split adapter insert your router will be likely to get louder from the higher run-out the insert is likely to give. Consequently, your new router's bearings will go bad relatively quickly, depending on how bad the run-out is.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

I wonder how these would work for 1/8" bits?

from K2CNC.com: CNC Routers, Routers for Wood, Routers for Plastic and CNC Plasma Cutter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8th_25-25_Combo200.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by CarveOne View Post
    The best place to get precision collets is PreciseBits but they don't yet show them on the website. If there are enough calls asking about them they will probably add it to their list. Or at least investigate whether one they already sell will fit the DW611.

If you use anything like a split adapter insert your router will be likely to get louder from the higher run-out the insert is likely to give. Consequently, your new router's bearings will go bad relatively quickly, depending on how bad the run-out is.

CarveOne
    When I first got my 611, I emailed and ask if any collets they made would fit. They looked into it and said no. I ask if they were going to make any and they said they would be doing some R&D to see what they might make. That was a long time ago.

The solution seems at this point to find 1/8 and 1/16 bits with 1/4 shanks.

Remember, this is a router and not a laminate trimmer or a Roto-Zip-type of tool. You will be amazed at the torque this router has. It really made it possible for me to machine dense hardwoods on my small CNC.

And you will be amazed how quiet it is when cutting at half-speed. Some of the quietness I experienced I think is because of the three-flute down-spiral bits; no howling as experienced with the two-flute straight-flute bits.

Sounds like a pretty nice option to replace my Harbor Freight laminate trimmer. What is the diameter of the lower part of the body? The part with the spiral groove in it.

thanks
    Don