Quote Originally Posted by glbreil View Post
Don, do you have the Manual for the machine? It will guide you through the wire threading quite easily. Before you start though, you should adjust the water jet for the auto threader. If you take a close look at the upper head, you will see 3 small Allen heads that are used to adjust the water jet, again, it is in the Manual. There are also 2 springs that activate the wire shear in the upper head, check and make sure that they are not broken. The wire shear might cover the opening where the wire has to come through, If that is the case, the wire will push up and you will see the wire coming off the brake wheel on top. If you don't have a manual, I will make some copies and email them to you. let me know. I don;t have the exact same model of the Sprint, but all the parts and procedures are pretty well the same.
Rolf B.
Quick question, can I get more information about the wire slipping here it says: "There are also 2 springs that activate the wire shear in the upper head, check and make sure that they are not broken. The wire shear might cover the opening where the wire has to come through, If that is the case, the wire will push up and you will see the wire coming off the brake wheel on top. " This is the exact behaviour the machine is doing right now. What other suggestions do you have about this behaviour? Any other way I can prevent the machine from doing this? Today I have check the nozzles and the shear wire with the two springs and they were not broken however they was another problem...I will talk about this later. Please give me any further suggestions. Thanks!

Julio A. Cruz