588,481 active members*
5,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hybrid View

And I stacked them together for a photo too. Does it look like a real machine now? That will be the machine frame as the drawing shows.

Skyfire good looking job your doing there, and thanks for posting your work.

A picture of someone standing beside the parts would help to give some scale of the size of the machine.

Being a person who has bought some of these machines I wander why adding more casting is not used? I am sure cost becomes a problem but more ridged machines would be better for many people.

Without a finished product though its hard to judge what the machine is really made like so I may be speaking out of line here so forgive me if I am.

Many of us that buy these machines always end up doing modifications to the machines to help make them stronger. But like I said, its hard to judge from a picture what I am looking at. I will be looking forward to seeing your finished castings.

And again thank you for sharing your work with us. Its not to often we get to see first hand a build from start to finish.

Thank You , Jess

I've been browsing by "today's posts" and noticed this thread today:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht..._iron_box.html

Quote Originally Posted by rocketflier View Post
    I've been browsing by "today's posts" and noticed this thread today:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht..._iron_box.html
    Hi rocketflier, thank you for sharing other guy's works. It's a so long thread for long time and seems they have done great works there. I will read when have more time. I hope can learn from each other.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY13 View Post
    Skyfire good looking job your doing there, and thanks for posting your work.

A picture of someone standing beside the parts would help to give some scale of the size of the machine.

Being a person who has bought some of these machines I wander why adding more casting is not used? I am sure cost becomes a problem but more ridged machines would be better for many people.

Without a finished product though its hard to judge what the machine is really made like so I may be speaking out of line here so forgive me if I am.

Many of us that buy these machines always end up doing modifications to the machines to help make them stronger. But like I said, its hard to judge from a picture what I am looking at. I will be looking forward to seeing your finished castings.

And again thank you for sharing your work with us. Its not to often we get to see first hand a build from start to finish.

Thank You , Jess
    Hi LUCKY13, thank you for your comments. I think the stiffness is the most concern for many people now. I did have consider to add more ribs or make the pillar wider to get more stiffness. But then I thought the machine will be a desktop one and maybe should not too heavy and normally for small cuttings with small tools espeically using a high speed electric spindle. So I just give the pillar enough thickness and several ribs in side. But after all, this is the first prototype of this machine. I will test after finish including heavy cut with steel. If found having problem with the structure stifness, I will add more ribs on the column to make it strongger in formal production. If no problem, I will not add to keep the total weight. So just wait the last testing result.

Thank you again. I just want to show the manufacture process to sharing the fun and get some advises from your guys.

Regards