587,216 active members*
2,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Job Opening

Job Opening

CNC Programmer/operator in Covington, GA (East of Atlanta)

 Employee must be dedicated with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
     Employee must take ownership of their work and be willing to learn new things.
     Must be willing to work as a team member or separately.
     Driven to develop skills and abilities.
     Be responsible for the productivity and quality of your work.
     Share skills, knowledge and experience with others so that common goals are achieved.
     Lead by example.
     Communicate with all levels of company employees/customers while presenting you as a positive representative of the company.
     Maintain a professional attitude at all times.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Set up and operate CNC Lathes and Mills, edit programs, load tools, and inspect tolerance parts in a shop environment.
    Ability to program/set-up and run CNC Vertical Machining Centers (Fadal) using Mastercam or Gibbscam.
    Ability to setup and operate Manual Lathes, Manual Mills and Surface Grinder.
    Ability to program/setup and run CNC Horizontal Turning Centers (Mazak TPlus) using Mazak conversational programming a plus.
    Read/interpret drawings/prints
    Ability to work within close tolerances while maintaining quality
    Perform in process inspection using standard inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, etc.
    Familiar with machining concepts, practices and procedures
    Computer skills including Word and Excel are a plus.

OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:

Maintain the quality standard of general housekeeping and preventative maintenance.
    Keep time records
    Load and unload trucks
    Work in other areas as needed

REQUIREMENTS:

A minimum of 5 years experience in CNC Machining is required, including set up, operating, and program creation and editing.
    Must also be able to bore jaws for lathes as well as set up fixtures to run parts on mills.
    Experience with reading and interpreting blue prints, inspecting parts with calipers, bore gages, micrometers, etc. is also required.
    Must know G & M Codes and skilled in shop math. Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
    Must be a US Citizen with no criminal history with a High School Diploma or G.E.D.

Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00A – 3:30P in a Non-Smoking shop environment. Salary is based on experience.

Email resumes to: [email protected].
    Website: Hy-Tec Machine Shop Custom Precision Machining Home.

Quote Originally Posted by hytecmachine View Post
    CNC Programmer/operator in Covington, GA (East of Atlanta)

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Set up and operate CNC Lathes and Mills, edit programs, load tools, and inspect tolerance parts in a shop environment.
    Ability to program/set-up and run CNC Vertical Machining Centers (Fadal) using Mastercam or Gibbscam.
    Ability to setup and operate Manual Lathes, Manual Mills and Surface Grinder.
    Ability to program/setup and run CNC Horizontal Turning Centers (Mazak TPlus) using Mazak conversational programming a plus.
    Read/interpret drawings/prints
    Ability to work within close tolerances while maintaining quality
    Perform in process inspection using standard inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, etc.
    Familiar with machining concepts, practices and procedures
    Computer skills including Word and Excel are a plus.

OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:

Maintain the quality standard of general housekeeping and preventative maintenance.
    Keep time records
    Load and unload trucks
    Work in other areas as needed

REQUIREMENTS:

A minimum of 5 years experience in CNC Machining is required, including set up, operating, and program creation and editing.
    Must also be able to bore jaws for lathes as well as set up fixtures to run parts on mills.
    Experience with reading and interpreting blue prints, inspecting parts with calipers, bore gages, micrometers, etc. is also required.
    Must know G & M Codes and skilled in shop math. Candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
    Must be a US Citizen with no criminal history with a High School Diploma or G.E.D.

Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00A – 3:30P in a Non-Smoking shop environment. Salary is based on experience.

Email resumes to: [email protected].
    Website: Hy-Tec Machine Shop Custom Precision Machining Home.
    other words, you are looking for cnc technician to load and unload a truck?? they say people are lying when write resume, what about geniuses with that kind of expectations??

Quote Originally Posted by maximusek View Post
    other words, you are looking for cnc technician to load and unload a truck?? they say people are lying when write resume, what about geniuses with that kind of expectations??
    Sounds to me like he's looking for a CNC Operator/Programmer who's a team player.

I've been in this business since 1969, and have always felt that as an employee, when a job needed to get done I owed it to my employer to do that job if it was within my abilities, even if it wasn't technically within my "job description". That included loading/unloading trucks, and if times were tough, even debasing myself so low as to sweep floors.

I hope that you're never out of work and find yourself having to choose between taking a job where you might have to occasionally load and unload a truck and staying on food stamps.

Sounds to me like he's looking for a CNC Operator/Programmer who's a team player
    Even team players have 1-2 possitions they play at, the way I see this post the employer wants his worker to be the whole team

The truck unloading part I assume is for when the parts, matrices or anything else that needs to be machined comes to the workplace, he wants to have the one dealing with those unload and probably sort them himself.
    While its not much of a big deal in most cases, looking for a person with 5years worth of expirience in programming and machining to waste his time with manual labour is kind of a bad idea.

But I must say where I live its not that unusual to see employers ask for ridiculous backgrounds and requirements from applicants such as "Univirsity graduate required to scrub floors and clean bathrooms, must have very good computer skills and a 2nd language is a plus" or anything along those lines, the down side is that the pay is usually bellow average even if you're busting your butt working and we all know that there are some people that actually do their job, regardless of what bosses often say that everyone is lazy

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Sounds to me like he's looking for a CNC Operator/Programmer who's a team player.

I've been in this business since 1969, and have always felt that as an employee, when a job needed to get done I owed it to my employer to do that job if it was within my abilities, even if it wasn't technically within my "job description". That included loading/unloading trucks, and if times were tough, even debasing myself so low as to sweep floors.

I hope that you're never out of work and find yourself having to choose between taking a job where you might have to occasionally load and unload a truck and staying on food stamps.
    just read what Atael wrote (especially first sentence) and start using your head a bit; because of people thinking like you, we have 5% people making money without moving their buts and scared cats like you working their ass off for them. at the end of the day they live like kings and you come back home with your back messed up, but it's ok, you are a team player with degree...wake up!!

Quote Originally Posted by maximusek View Post
    just read what Atael wrote (especially first sentence) and start using your head a bit; because of people thinking like you, we have 5% people making money without moving their buts and scared cats like you working their ass off for them. at the end of the day they live like kings and you come back home with your back messed up, but it's ok, you are a team player with degree...wake up!!
    So I'm guessing you're one of the 5%. That's why all the work is going to China. I'll keep giving my 110% to make the company I work for profitable. Call it what you will. I call it a days work for a days pay.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    So I'm guessing you're one of the 5%. That's why all the work is going to China. I'll keep giving my 110% to make the company I work for profitable. Call it what you will. I call it a days work for a days pay.
    No, I'm the one who gives 120% and say laud then I expect to be paid for my effort. I'm first to go where no one in my company went yet, I'm taking the risk, I set the machine up, design machining process, pick the tooling, make the program, prove the program and take care of the whole thing. The reason I don't unload the truck is I'm willing to develop my skills everyday without complaining about difficulty or risk.
    About China - well, your knowledge about the situation out there, slavery, global economy etc. etc. is just embarrassing...