587,770 active members*
3,551 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > 3040 cncdiy running problems
Page 1 of 2 12

Question 3040 cncdiy running problems

i hope this is in the right section

i have just bought one of those 3040 cnc routers off ebay and having some issues getting it running

i'm using mach3 as my controller and have set the machine up as per the instructions given on the mach3 website as well as the supplyer of the machine.

when i plug in the controller into the pc i instantly get an external estop error. i have tred setting the debounce interval high and the problem goes away but i can not jog any of the motors.

it's prob somthing stupid i havnt done but it;s giving me the ****s

anyhelp would be great

Found the prob no thanks to y'all

i found ou the running problem i was having with my machine, it was now the software but how the machine was set up. when the machine was shipped the controller came with a parrellel input as well as a usb cable with what looks like a power connector on one end. well it works out that the controller needs two supplys because the printer port could not give enough amps to the motors. i have contacted the seller of these machines to let him know to tell other customers about this problem so hopfully others dont have the head aches that i had.

Great, any pics?

Sounds like the USB is supplying your breakout board which is likely where your inputs for limits and or home switches are routed through, hence the external stop on Mach?

FWIW I always get an external stop when starting Mach

JTCUSTOMS

I'm thinking about getting the same machine did you have to pay a lot for duty fees?

is there an E stop button on the controller? most big red E stop buttons are push in, twist to release. If the E stop button is pulled out. Go to ports and pins, input settings, scroll down to Estop and change the active low field. If it has a red X change it to a green check mark or vice versa.

On any of my machines with Mach3 when you power it up and turn it on it comes up in EStop. That is how it is supposed to work. You have to reset the EStop on screen. Also have to see as other have posted that the real Estop is not depressed.
    Dave

3040 stepper problems

after config my 3040 machine in Mach3 the steppers will only run in one direction and not the reverse, any ideas would be great as I am very new to this hobby.
    John Todd

Sounds like you might not have the dirrection pin setup right in Mach3. Go over all your pin assignments and check settings. Its very easy to over look something and when first getting it going it seems overwelming but just keep checking and reading the anwsers are there.

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Look if the some of MaxNC check boxes are checked in the ports and pins config, I accidentally got one once and the axis moved in only one direction

Does the cnc 3040 works ok? I am looking on this cnc. I may order it..

Quote Originally Posted by johntodd View Post
    after config my 3040 machine in Mach3 the steppers will only run in one direction and not the reverse, any ideas would be great as I am very new to this hobby.
    John Todd
    I had the same problems with my 3040 from Love happpy shopping, they have quite a few different names but are all the same company, what it turned out to be was they used a pirate coppy of Mach3 to set it up and it needed a patch to fix it get onto them to send it to you if not I can send you a copy. I also have the USB lead as well and it said nothing about that in the user manual or installation instructions

john

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    the machine works ok now but find the one with the cheapest shipping or get one from an Oz dealer so you can chase them up alot easier as the suppliers are great until it comes to actually have to fix something then you dont hear squat from them I have been trying for 3 weeks to get an answer about my burnt out spindle motor, make sure it is a brand new spindle not a second hand or reconditioned one

This is what i am looking for too

Hey man would you happen to have a copy of Mach3 mine came corrupted

CNC 3040

I just bought a CNC 3040 router. I am brand new to the CNC world and have no Idea what I am doing. Right now I am trying to read as much as I can and evrything helps but it is really hard to cinfigure my machine back home. First of all the manfacturer specifically told me that they were sending me a 110V control box. That is what the box says on the outside as well; however, the connection for the power cable says 250V and they sent a European power cord. Since it is supposed to be a 110V I went to my RadioShack and bought a 110V power cord that looks similar to that of a computer. Is has been working fine since i tried it with that cord. Yesterday I was doing some checkup on the hardware of the machine and when I rtried to connect it to see if it would work, I got no signal whatsoever that it was truned on. I hope I didn't burn out the machine. Or maybe I just need to buy a converter to use the cable provided with the machine. Can anyon please help me out, and advice would be greatly appreciated.

run mach3 inside driver.exe file in right click and run and solve your problem

USB dll driver for mach3 needed

Quote Originally Posted by acidcustom View Post
    I had the same problems with my 3040 from Love happpy shopping, they have quite a few different names but are all the same company, what it turned out to be was they used a pirate coppy of Mach3 to set it up and it needed a patch to fix it get onto them to send it to you if not I can send you a copy. I also have the USB lead as well and it said nothing about that in the user manual or installation instructions

john
    Hi I bought a cnc 3040 usb and I need the usb dll driver for mach3 I am new in using cnc machines please could you send me a copy of the driver.....
    thx

Just received one (a 3040T) from IndustrySky on the 'bay. Shipped same day, got here wonderfully packaged - better than anything I have received from anywhere - just WOW. Got here in 2 1/2 days. wow.

Mounting the steppers took maybe 10 mins, and the hex wrenches were included...

Had a loose Z-axis connector on the controller - locktited it. Inside of the controller was well dressed and very neat.

Thought I had a bad X-axis - just hadn't fully seated the connector @ the stepper.

It's made of good quality extrusion and plate - gantry plates are ~3/8" - it's smooth and solid, grease fittings on the bearings. Good connectors, cable chains all around. Very well made.

Socket head screws used in the clamps needed a 1mm grind down to slip past the screws mounting the T-slot extrusion to the base...

Setup in Mach3 took 3 or 4 minutes. Another minute to reverse the X & Z axes to match the keybd jog...

Did a simple 'I Love My Wife' sign in VCarve, saved as .crv, .dxf and exported the toolpath as a .tap - tap worked perfect in Mach3, .dxf worked... cut a circle - excellent, cut the sign... wow - first CNC 'thing' made.

So, I am pretty happy with it. The 200W used DC spindle runs smooth - haven't checked runout yet, but it cuts nice. Would like to upgrade to a 300~800w ac spindle, but for the price ($890) - I have no complaints at all - heard some horror stories, but I'm a CNC noob, and this was as smooth as I could have hoped for. I ordered this to hold me over while I wait for the CRP4848 and the space to set it up in - get my feet wet with MACH3 and the CAD/CAM stuff. It was FUN - no headache despite a bit of anxiety over the TB6560 controller inside - and TTL, my wife is already learning it - she has plans...

didn't mean to ramble - but this is really a nice little rig. I tried to buy a Zen - out of stock - considered some other US rigs in the 3040 arena - saw lots of mdf and pvc and then add the motor, controller, spindle - decided to risk the Chinese 3040 - glad I did - sad I couldn't buy US equivalent for same dollars and the customer service towards a potential buyer was crap all around "Eh, meh, we're busy..." in the 3020/3040/6040 scene - 'cept for the Chinese delegation - they answered questions, quickly and politely.

If you're thinking of a 3040 - consider a 6040 w/ 800w AC spindle from carving-cnc - i almost grabbed one but thought since the CRP4848 is on the way, i'd save a few buck w/ the 3040. The 3040 makes me want the 6040 more...haveta save more pennies...

Anyhow - take the leap - I've been 'studying' and gettin' cold feet for a couple years - take the plunge!

I just bout a CNC 3040 I am waiting for it to arrive at my home, hopefully with no issues.

Page 1 of 2 12