588,357 active members*
7,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 10 of 14 89101112
    Quote Originally Posted by marcerasmus View Post
    are you still looking for a violin 3d model? i have one as an stl, cant vouch for its accuracy, but could be a good place to start, let me know and i will upload or email to you, regards marc

Hi,

If you own the model, and don't mind, why don't you go ahead and zip it, then upload it here for anyone that wants it? I know I would like to have it, but there is no need in you having to email to several who would ask when you can do it here once.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Does anyone have the CAM file of the topcarve from this topic?

Hello,

Please attach the guitar

Quote Originally Posted by scooterville View Post
    Hello,

Please attach the guitar
    What are you talking about? Does anybody have the Carved top in CAM/CAD.

Justin, you said you could do it, haven't heard from you in a while.

59 burst

Looking for a complete 1959 "MAX "pete Baranet Les Paul accurate 3D file, or digital drawing for CNC

Quote Originally Posted by frankpaul1 View Post
    What are you talking about? Does anybody have the Carved top in CAM/CAD.

Justin, you said you could do it, haven't heard from you in a while.
    I have been in contact with Justin in the past week. He is having no luck with the Les Paul SolidWorks file he was working on, and some new personal problems has him bogged down. It looks like he will be out of it for a while. Hopefully, he will recover from it and will check in here again.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by GooCart View Post
    Hi.
    I have a complete -59 LP modeled in rhino.
    The neck is digitized from my -53 GoldTop and the body is based on a 2d drawing made by Peter "Max" Baranet and the Stew/Mac -59 drawing and a whole bunch of pictures of the real thing.

If anyone is interested I can attach the model.
    i have been looking for a lp body and neck for quite a while. is it possible to mail me the file? i would be really gratefull, best regards marc

Vintage LP

hellow to everybody.

For a long time i've been workin on it, with the help of great friends. It's a difficult task to model that guitar, but it's done. Just for the record.

The secret to model a guitar? Get an original take the measures and use a surface modeller, or an hybrid one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Final Lp complete4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by scooterville View Post
    Looking for a complete 1959 "MAX "pete Baranet Les Paul accurate 3D file, or digital drawing for CNC
    Max sold some on ebay a couple of years back but my PC crashed so I cannot tell you who won them or what counbtry they are in!!

And guys I have a 3d digitizer locally and a Les Paul to hand so if you would like me to digitize it let me know??

Whats up Goocart has Mr Bartlett taken over as I have not had a response for ages??

Hi slpd...

Do you use a laser or a digital Probe?

I have a scan of one done with a laser, but the whole body was placed on the scanner, including the pickups, neck, and pickguard. Be it that those areas are shinny, the laser reflects, and there are huge spikes in the model, so it is not as good as it should be, and it would require quite a bit of work with a program like geomagic or rapidform, to fix the model up, patch all the holes, and then make it watertight or extrude surfaces.

Would it be possible for you to do a scan with a digital probe, or if a laser, to at least remove the pickguard, strings, and maybe the buckers?

I have access to Rapidform, and can fix up the model if required (from the .stl or .obj-point cloud files)

It would be an interesting experiment...

:idea:
    ------------------
    http://www.cncguitar.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgCNC View Post
    Hi slpd...

Do you use a laser or a digital Probe?

I have a scan of one done with a laser, but the whole body was placed on the scanner, including the pickups, neck, and pickguard. Be it that those areas are shinny, the laser reflects, and there are huge spikes in the model, so it is not as good as it should be, and it would require quite a bit of work with a program like geomagic or rapidform, to fix the model up, patch all the holes, and then make it watertight or extrude surfaces.

Would it be possible for you to do a scan with a digital probe, or if a laser, to at least remove the pickguard, strings, and maybe the buckers?

I have access to Rapidform, and can fix up the model if required (from the .stl or .obj-point cloud files)

It would be an interesting experiment...

:idea:
    It is a laser scanner similiar to a CNC router.

I can remove the guard and there are ways around the problems of the hardware you mentioned:idea::idea:

Well actually I have the choice of 2 laser scanners one at the bottom of my garden where a family member works and another 10 miles down the road.

And I purshased a hardrive to host the file on as it will be very large.

Quote Originally Posted by slpd View Post
    Whats up Goocart has Mr Bartlett taken over as I have not had a response for ages??
    hey slpd,
    Just to clarify, the file I uploaded was not based on anything from MAX, my wrong, it was based on John Cattos drawings.
    Anyway, I've given up posting here, last time I tried I think we missed focus and just argued about software, I'm not interested of that.

I've build a couple of guitars since then and I have a small business with a Canadian guy who manufactures pre cut 50' style carved tops that I've modeled. Here's a link. http://www.bartlettwoodworking.com/body.html
    The model is not the one I posted here. Right now I'm preparing a model of a '53 GT that I've scanned with a VIUscan.

Quote Originally Posted by GooCart View Post
    hey slpd,
    Just to clarify, the file I uploaded was not based on anything from MAX, my wrong, it was based on John Cattos drawings.
    Anyway, I've given up posting here, last time I tried I think we missed focus and just argued about software, I'm not interested of that.

I've build a couple of guitars since then and I have a small business with a Canadian guy who manufactures pre cut 50' style carved tops that I've modeled. Here's a link. http://www.bartlettwoodworking.com/body.html
    The model is not the one I posted here. Right now I'm preparing a model of a '53 GT that I've scanned with a VIUscan.
    I am a little confused as you and I never argued about software or anything!!

The last e-mail you sent me was from your work as I sent you a file to compare and then no response.
    Previously you sent me a link to the les paul forum so I thought I would check out the lespaul forum and you started the carved top business with tom!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the file you uploaded was based around the catto plan.

Sorry, that came of wrong, I wasn't talking about you and me having an argument.
    In the thread there has been a lot of crap that I don't need, I lost interest of this place and don't spend any time here, thats why I haven't responded.

I think I really need to get some glasses. When I read your post I thought you wrote: "Whats up Goocart has Mr Baranett .........."

Sorry.

well magnus it seems as though your doing your own thing and probably not really interested in this anymore are you??

If anyones interested in doing a real les paul carved top and wants to contribute as the scanner is a aerospace CMM, let me know ??????

I have the relavant cad software,.

CNCcyborg or anyone that wants to help can

Hi All,

I will help anywhere I can.

So....All we need, is a scan of a Les-Paul body, with the pickguard, knobs and the strings removed (minimum). This will allow us to get a good scan of the carve.

.obj or .stl would be fine for the file type. I will then take this, fix it up as best as possible with Rapidform, and create a watertight model. I can then provide this model in many formats, so that we can all use it.

So, when do we start?

This would be the most accurate model I believe!!

:-)
    ------------------

Hi All,

I will help anywhere I can.

So....All we need, is a scan of a Les-Paul body, with the pickguard, knobs and the strings removed (minimum). This will allow us to get a good scan of the carve.

.obj or .stl would be fine for the file type. I will then take this, fix it up as best as possible with Rapidform, and create a watertight model. I can then provide this model in many formats, so that we can all use it.

So, when do we start?

This would be the most accurate model I believe!!

:-)
    Do you want me to find out the cost of the digitising??

Sure...by all means.
    ------------------

Sure...by all means.
    I will call them tomorrow.

Page 10 of 14 89101112