588,385 active members*
5,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 102 of 107 25292100101102103104
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2130

Re: OmioCNC report

dharmic, that's a great help. Thank you.

This image also helps me understand what's going on in there:

A few more questions

- Are those 5v out wires going to the terminals I've circled in yellow? Or are they 'stuffed' into the corresponding pins in the BoB IDC?
    - Where are the ground wires from the steppers disappearing to in yours?
    - Is this the kind of IDC connector I'd be after?
    - Any idea what the plugs you got for the stepper cables are called. If I can find them, I'll just crimp them, as I hate splicing cables.

1. Yep, 5V into the PC5V (either one) and its ground wire to PCGND. That's all the USB port does on these, by the way, provide 5V.
    2. No stepper ground connections. Rather, using the white connectors, this happens:
    - The left pin on the connector (5V) goes to the STEP+ and DIRN+ inputs on the stepper driver.
    - The 2nd pin (CLK) goes to STEP-.
    - The 3rd pin (CW) goes to DIRN-.
    - The 4th pin and the enable pins on the stepper driver are not connected. If you wanted to add the enable function you'd need a 2nd BoB and 2nd full adapter cable with the UC400 to get the extra pins.

:edit: Actually, without having the laser drive as well, you have a spare output or two you could wire out to all the steppers. But not having them hasn't caused me any problems, anyway. I can't even remember if enables were connected on the original YongNuo USB board.

Then set the pin polarity in Ports and Pins to active low for these guys.
    3. Yup, that's the kind of connector.
    4. JST XH series, same as used on the balancing ports of a lot of RC lithium battery pack chargers. And a pack of 4 connectors and a bunch of pins will set you back under a pound from RS. Just remember you need to splice that 5V into the +ve input pins at some point in the cable.

Brilliant, cheers!
    That should be plenty to get me on my way, but I expect I'll have more stuff to ask once I've got it all in front of me.

Thanks again.

No probs. Discovered that the dodgy blobs of sparky tape were not covering the joins (they're properly heatsink wrapped), but to hold loops of excess cable. Time to break out the bebby cable ties, do some routing and clean it all up. I will probably end up having to re-splice some of the cables to a neater length. Mentioning it to save you from making the same mistake, ie all cables the same length. Measure your cable routes before you make the cables up and it will be a lot better.

Hi Guys,
    Hope you all had a lovely Xmas and New Years..
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to get the spindle up to speed before the job starts.
    The delay feature seems to do nothing.
    cheers
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickB00 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Hope you all had a lovely Xmas and New Years..
    I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to get the spindle up to speed before the job starts.
    The delay feature seems to do nothing.
    cheers
    Nick
    Hi Nick. Refer to earlier post about changing acceleration time in the VFD. Don’t go too nuts with it as obviously it draws a lot more when starting, so you don’t want to set it too low and give it too much sauce.

Are you using F360 and the mach3mill post? If so I can try have a look at the post when I get chance and show you where to put in a G04. Not really difficult to figure out on your own when you study it a little bit either if you want to crack on with that. The post processors are written in JavaScript.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day Mmpie, I am using Artcam which writes its own G-Code. Have not started using F360 yet, going to soon. There is a setting in M3 that you can set spindle time to spin up, but does not seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Hi Nick. Refer to earlier post about changing acceleration time in the VFD. Don’t go too nuts with it as obviously it draws a lot more when starting, so you don’t want to set it too low and give it too much sauce.

Are you using F360 and the mach3mill post? If so I can try have a look at the post when I get chance and show you where to put in a G04. Not really difficult to figure out on your own when you study it a little bit either if you want to crack on with that. The post processors are written in JavaScript.

Change the Ramp time in the VFD parameters and all will good in the world.
    Default setting a probably about 10 seconds.
    I think mine is set to 1s with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The more you talk about this the surer I am that the delay never worked for me until I upgraded to the ethernet BoB. Which doesn't make sense at all, I must have changed some magical setting as part of that process. Glad you got it functional though, having to remember to jog the spindle half a mile away from the job after each tool change so it had a chance to spin up before engaging was a PITA.

Hey guys... total noob here.. I need your help.. which T-Slot Nuts do you use on a X8-2200?.. M6 or M8?... by looking at T-slot dimensions of my table it seems the proper fit is the M6 .. correct? .. like this one? are there other options?.. Thanks!!!!

Hey Nick... I saw this being discussed previously but never got around to replying for some reason.

I'm not sure if you've tried this, but in Mach3's Ports & Pins -> Spindle Setup, I had to set the Delay Spin UP/DOWN values in milliseconds (rather than seconds as the GUI suggests)... so for 8 seconds, I entered 8000.
    I vaguely remember seeing something about 'G04 Dwell in ms' (in General Config) affecting the unit for the spindle delay, but the default is unchecked, so it should be in seconds.

This was the issue I had with the spindle delay on my machine... and of course setting '8' for 8 seconds but actually getting 8 milliseconds would make it look like the setting was having no effect at all.

hi,
    if you mean remote monitoring of the machine, see this page : https://machine.report

Best regards

Ron

Hi,
    if you mean remote monitoring of the machine, see this page : https://machine.report

Best regards

Ron

OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBotics View Post
    Hey guys... total noob here.. I need your help.. which T-Slot Nuts do you use on a X8-2200?.. M6 or M8?... by looking at T-slot dimensions of my table it seems the proper fit is the M6 .. correct? .. like this one? are there other options?.. Thanks!!!!

You could use M8 if you wanted but it’s tight, M6 is perfect. Can’t remember what the slots measured but I know the drop in t-nuts for the Bosch rexroth profile work perfectly. And real handy.

You could use M8 if you wanted but it’s tight, M6 is perfect. Can’t remember what the slots measured but I know the drop in t-nuts for the Bosch rexroth profile work perfectly. And real handy.

Thanks for the info!.. question... what is the size of the Bosch Rexroth you use?.. M6 ? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBotics View Post
    Thanks for the info!.. question... what is the size of the Bosch Rexroth you use?.. M6 ? Thanks!
    Yeah. M8 is a tight squeeze, M6 leaves you plenty of room to have holes slightly out of location, and plenty strong enough for a machine like this. I G00’d the actual spindle into one of the ‘step clamp’ things the machine shipped with once and the stepper just refused to move, clamp stayed put exactly how it was. Can’t hit it any harder than that.

Yeah. M8 is a tight squeeze, M6 leaves you plenty of room to have holes slightly out of location, and plenty strong enough for a machine like this. I G00’d the actual spindle into one of the ‘step clamp’ things the machine shipped with once and the stepper just refused to move, clamp stayed put exactly how it was. Can’t hit it any harder than that.

Thanks!!!.. question... which has been your source for the cheapest M6 T-Slot Nuts?.. I found this on AliExpress ... $2.37 for 5 pieces and free shipping to the USA:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs...3-d03b5f26d89f

In case it helps, I found that M6 or M8, sorry can't remember which, coach bolts (round heads with a few mm of square profile at the top of the shank) fit pretty nicely and cost next to nothing at the local hardware warehouse. Push them in, drop your gear on top, add a washer if you like and wind a nut down on top. Worked well for me before I gave the T-slot deck the shove in favour of something a little sturdier.

Fantastic doogle, that might be it.I have set Delay in seconds which makes sense but maybe as you mentioned in Gen Config Dwell is in ms, just might be it!
    I will give it a go and let you know.
    cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by doogle View Post
    Hey Nick... I saw this being discussed previously but never got around to replying for some reason.

I'm not sure if you've tried this, but in Mach3's Ports & Pins -> Spindle Setup, I had to set the Delay Spin UP/DOWN values in milliseconds (rather than seconds as the GUI suggests)... so for 8 seconds, I entered 8000.
    I vaguely remember seeing something about 'G04 Dwell in ms' (in General Config) affecting the unit for the spindle delay, but the default is unchecked, so it should be in seconds.

This was the issue I had with the spindle delay on my machine... and of course setting '8' for 8 seconds but actually getting 8 milliseconds would make it look like the setting was having no effect at all.

I received my seconhand, 3-year old Omio X6-2200L a week ago, have been busy cleaning it and getting familair with the machine and with design and control software. And of course I started to read this topic from page 1. I'm now at page 10 and learned already that I have to check and probably redo the grounding of the spindle and controller box contents. Thx for the VFD schematics and your star ground point in the control box, zeeflyboy. :cheers:

I'm not planning to upgrade any hardware in the control box yet, and I neither will use a 4th axis, but are there any other points of interest that I should read here (and on what page appr. LOL)?

Two small questions:
    1. how did you ground the machine's frame? The previous owner ran an earth wire from the end of the frame, from a bolt near where the Y-axis motor is mounted, to an earthed wall socket.
    2. Omio's machine manual tells us to use sewing machine oil for the guide rails and white (lithium) grease on the screw mandrel, whatever that is. Is that sufficient or should I indeed grease the rails through the grease nipples?

Anyway, I've only dry run this machine for now, jogging it around a bit. I first want to get a bit more confident, but I already felt what dharmic described in page 2.

Page 102 of 107 25292100101102103104