587,619 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 105 of 176 55595103104105106107115155
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3662

Hybrid View

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

What's up with that?
    You have to be a member of a special group to see those.

No but seriously, Lou has a thread of his machine SVM-0 on the go with video etc...

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    You have to be a member of a special group to see those.

No but seriously, Lou has a thread of his machine SVM-0 on the go with video etc...
    I am aware of Lou's thread, just kinda wondering if there are other's that I wasn't aware of.

Hi, I think it would be better if we all posted our opinions of the SVM-0....and SVM-1 &2 if you want...... on this thread, otherwise we'll be chasing all over the place looking for obscure titles that relate to the same machines as and when they arrive...... a new section on the vertical mill section would need to be created.....whatever........eventually it will gravitate to...."just another SVM type mill has arrived".

I suppose there will always be those that want to really push the SVM-0 to the absolute limit, and in so doing lament the shortcomings of it in doing so......but part accuracy will always be the main attribute in the end.
    Ian.

I cut some 120 tooth GT2-5 pulleys from a DXF from Gearotic. The belts seem to fit very well.
    gearotic.com

So, does that mean we can buy one of Defeng's machines, copy it precisely and then go and sell a few to recover the initial cost.

We could do just that if a few dimensions were changed to make it "different"......that's what the other guys do when you patent something and forget to cross all the T's.

Defeng has the infrastructure to produce the mills at prices the other guys couldn't hope to match, so no need to Design protect at huge cost and chase anyone through foreign courts who infringed his designs.

I think software is a different matter as most if not all is written offshore at minimal cost and then sold on the home market as an OEM product....... or so I have read.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    So, does that mean we can buy one of Defeng's machines, copy it precisely and then go and sell a few to recover the initial cost.
    I'm not sure why you would want to copy it, there is nothing special about his machine that anyone with a good machine building background, could not do the same, no copy
    needed, his electronics seem to be very good, but that is his trade, so they should be good,he is a electronics engineer, not a machine builder
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want to copy it, there is nothing special about his machine that anyone with a good machine building background, could not do the same, no copy
    needed, his electronics seem to be very good, but that is his trade, so they should be good,he is a electronics engineer, not a machine builder
    Mactec you made my Day Thank you

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

I thought in his very early posts he said he was a machine manufacturer for many years? And if designing and building a range of machines from scratch doesn't qualify you as a machine builder, what does?

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

LOL......dear Mac......if you wanted to build a machine better, or just equal, to the same calibre of the ones Skyfire.com are selling.....right now...... you'd have to have done the R&D to get to the point where the SVM series is now, which is market leaders and much sought after....price aside.....why would anyone buy one of these mills in preference to those that are already in the market?

There just absolutely isn't anything to compare to the SVM-0 just for a starter, and the SVM-1 &2 are also considered to be extremely god bang for the buck, unless you think they are only good because they're not as expensive as the rest.......I doubt whether buying on the cheap is a good policy where machinery is concerned, so those people buying these machines off shore are not buying because a few dollars less is good for the soul.

I have to wonder, with all the good engineers out there in the Western World, why nobody has designed and built a mill like these, seeing as they are "nothing special?" ........but the proof is in the pudding........if it's just the Chinese cheaper labour cost that enable them to supply where others don't/can't, why don't a load of other Chinese manufacturers get on the same band wagon.......nothing spectacular you say?.....I don't think so.
    Ian.

We Do not know if He still has the Infrastruktur to do so that is why any one Who really physically receive a machine Should let US know .. just a line "I am Happy received an xxx yyy machine and customs and shipping cost zzzz" probably then i will also receive my goods later on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    We Do not know if He still has the Infrastruktur to do so that is why any one Who really physically receive a machine Should let US know .. just a line "I am Happy received an xxx yyy machine and customs and shipping cost zzzz" probably then i will also receive my goods later on ...

I'm pretty sure I delineated the costs and paperwork involved in my thread as best I can. Procedures are likely different in the EU. The quality of the build and parts are excellent, everything in the pics were exactly my machine, and the other LM components I ordered likewise excellent quality.

It wasn't all rosy. I did lose a clisn't waiting for my machine and I couldn't afford to buy another machine. But, such is life. Have different clients and projects.

Hi, apparently he has the infrastructure as he posted photos of the new factory and various SVM models being assembled in a post some while back.

If you subscribe to the conspiracy theory, then by all accounts you still believe that this is still a big scam to lure more people into paying money up front and not getting the goods in return.........LOL........is that what you think?

If you go back to the Bible and see the part about doubting Thomas and apply the same "hole in the hand" test........maybe you should go to China and have a look at the factory as others have done, just to put your mind at rest.

Meanwhile, as some products from SKYFIRE .COM are starting to be delivered, a bit more patience is the name of the game ........otherwise go to your local machinery dealer and buy a CNC mill from their selection, if they have one or two, at their asking price, but don't forget to arrange the mortgage first.....dealers like to be paid up front too before they deliver the goods.......and they don't take PAYPAL or small deposits.
    Ian.

they should take paypal I do
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    they should take paypal I do
    If I was Defeng on items that costly and large I wouldn't take paypal, not the very least because of the huge number of scam buyers around, but also the massive fees that would jack the prices up even more.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I forgot that they put charges up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I was Defeng on items that costly and large I wouldn't take paypal, not the very least because of the huge number of scam buyers around, but also the massive fees that would jack the prices up even more.
    Really?
    Paypal: fees, plus a fairly secure 3rd party for arbitration. They can handle scammers.
    Credit card: fees, comparable, can be revoked by the buyer unilaterally.
    Cheque: a certain percentage always bounced, and they can be cancelled.
    Wire transfer: you have got to be kidding!!!!
    Cash: um ... how?

I don't see any evidence of 'massive fees' in the Paypal system. I use it alot. In fact, the Paypal fees are often smaller than the banks, and much smaller than other channels like Western Union.

Cheers
    Roger

Australian fee`s are quite high if buying outside Au

this is what defang will have to pay 3.7% + $0.30 USD or a similar fixed fee in the currency received at a max it will be 4.4% the fee is on currency conversion

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's not that high.
    Check out bank conversions: they can be MUCH higher. Their buy/sell split is huge.

Cheers
    Roger

that was off paypal china web site the real one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forgive me, but Something seems a bit odd here.

If I decide to send money to Defang from my Paypal account, I believe I pay the fees as the buyer, and that will be the fee charged by Paypal Australia. I was not aware that the receiver would have to pay any Paypal fees, except to do the currency exchange. Most Chinese ebay vendors want US$ anyhow, and if you have US$ in your Paypal account there is no exchange.

Or does Paypal China work differently?

cheers

Page 105 of 176 55595103104105106107115155