588,457 active members*
4,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 109 of 460 95999107108109110111119159209
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 9195
    Quote Originally Posted by xyzdonna View Post
    Obviously the planet is grossly overpopulated, this is unsustainable.
    It is our duty, as the paragon of our species, to try and direct the outcome so that humanity survives.
    I missed this the first time around. Good thing too, cuz I just puked reading it. (I knew eating that cottage cheese so early was a bad idea...)

Seriously, if these nut-cases are so anti-human, why don't they just remove themselves from the gene pool? (nuts)

I posted this on my blog about another subject, but the terms seem to fit nicely here as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd
    Since the 1990's, radical environmental groups like the Earth Liberation Front (ELF) have been destroying property in the hopes of stopping mankind's' existence. These freaks who use everything modern technology has to offer in the name of stopping modern technology have no idea how stupid and idiotic they really are, nor do they understand that in order for people to take them seriously, they 1) need to stop destroying other people's property, and 2) stop being hypocrites.

They need to move out of their houses, quit their jobs, remove their clothes, burn all their own personal property, and go live like a monkey in the woods.

Anything less than that and they are automatically regarded as thugs. If they truly cared about the environment, they would instantly denounce modern civilization and live like the savages they are.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Matt,
    I guess that is exactly what gets me so mad about the global warming alarmism crowd...the hypocrisy.

I'd sure love to see the personal "carbon footprints" from all of the people associated with Al Gore!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I missed this the first time around. Good thing too, cuz I just puked reading it. (I knew eating that cottage cheese so early was a bad idea...)

Seriously, if these nut-cases are so anti-human, why don't they just remove themselves from the gene pool? (nuts)

I posted this on my blog about another subject, but the terms seem to fit nicely here as well...
    Hi Rekd,
    Nothing "anti-human" about it, any engineer, scientist or mathematician should be able to explain to you that perpetual population growth won't work. Robert Malthus predicted the problem in the early 1800's. We are rapidly approaching the limits of what this planet can support. After that, consult with Geof on his predictions of what will happen next.

Take care,
    xyzdonna

Hi Rekd,
    Nothing "anti-human" about it, any engineer, scientist or mathematician should be able to explain to you that perpetual population growth won't work. Robert Malthus predicted the problem in the early 1800's. We are rapidly approaching the limits of what this planet can support. After that, consult with Geof on his predictions of what will happen next.

Take care,
    xyzdonna

It must be absolutely miserable to be so completely confused about everything all the time!

Consistency is good if you aren't consistently WRONG!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    Here is where you really begin to sound nutty with an order of arrogance and ignorance of monumental proportions.

Overpopulation and sustainability are your personal and unqualified, unquantified baseless opinions, NOT fact!

Who promoted you to the rank of paragon and director of human fate?

Capricious and contentious superstition and religion are the exact terms to describe the brand if Liberalism that guides your life without the benefit of a recognized God! (Little Church of fallen, clueless, Godless keepers of the Flames of Illumination.)
    Hi jhowelb,
    Wow, arrogant, ignorant & nutty in monumental proportions! I knew I was good but not that good! If I elicit all that from a conservative, it's quite a compliment actually.
    No one promoted me to the rank of paragon director, I simply see things as they are, remember? My brand of liberalism is, as I've said before, teleological, reasoning with the end purpose in mind. From Wikipedia: "Teleology holds there is a purpose inherent and final cause for all that exists." We may not understand or know it, but there is a destiny and purpose for the universe. I'm religious in my own way you see, but I suppose it's on a different paradigm from you. You worship an angry god who demands penance and forgiveness of sins. I suppose the god I consider is beyond that. When I consider the god you worship, he looks a lot like what the people of ancient times would have imagined him to be. Which makes sense, they created him. If there is a god, and there well may be, I think he would be several orders of magnitude beyond what the religions of the world have come up with.
    Take care,
    xyzdonna

1) Quote XYZ: "I'm religious", "If there is a god". Pray tell where is the logic, teleological or otherwise?

2) No comment on message #2160? The one addressing you seeing no deception?

Mariss

Hi jhowelb,
    Wow, arrogant, ignorant & nutty in monumental proportions! I knew I was good but not that good! If I elicit all that from a conservative, it's quite a compliment actually.
    No one promoted me to the rank of paragon director, I simply see things as they are, remember? My brand of liberalism is, as I've said before, teleological, reasoning with the end purpose in mind. From Wikipedia: "Teleology holds there is a purpose inherent and final cause for all that exists." We may not understand or know it, but there is a destiny and purpose for the universe. I'm religious in my own way you see, but I suppose it's on a different paradigm from you. You worship an angry god who demands penance and forgiveness of sins. I suppose the god I consider is beyond that. When I consider the god you worship, he looks a lot like what the people of ancient times would have imagined him to be. Which makes sense, they created him. If there is a god, and there well may be, I think he would be several orders of magnitude beyond what the religions of the world have come up with.
    Take care,
    xyzdonna
    You don't know which or if I attend church but you presume to know the character and disposition of my God for whom you don't even have enough respect to capitalize His name. You imagine what my God looks like while the scripture tells us that none may look upon His face because we don't have the capacity to understand what we are looking at and then you tell me what you "think", as an amoeba, about the Creator and Architec of the Universe.

Arrogant, ignorant and LOST! (pathetic)
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    1) Quote XYZ: "I'm religious", "If there is a god". Pray tell where is the logic, teleological or otherwise?

2) No comment on message #2160? The one addressing you seeing no deception?

Mariss
    Hi Mariss,
    jhowelb I can do off the top of my head, you are another matter. You posted a serious question that I've referred to the good Doctor. If he deigns to answer me then I'll get back with you. If not, then I'll have to do some research on my own and come up with a plausible explanation.
    The logic to my religion is simple, I'm an agnostic. I am religious in the sense of revering the beauty, order and transcendent elegance of the universe. That it could have had a designer, well that's a nice thought.
    Take care,
    xyzdonna

Hi Mariss,
    jhowelb I can do off the top of my head, you are another matter. You posted a serious question that I've referred to the good Doctor. If he deigns to answer me then I'll get back with you. If not, then I'll have to do some research on my own and come up with a plausible explanation.
    The logic to my religion is simple, I'm an agnostic. I am religious in the sense of revering the beauty, order and transcendent elegance of the universe. That it could have had a designer, well that's a nice thought.
    Take care,
    xyzdonna
    Arrogant and lost. Good thing they pay you what your worth rather than what you think your worth!

I suspect that you are in awe of the beauty of what you perceive to be inside yourself. From this vantage point it's another view entirely!

Mariss,
    Is this what you were looking for?
    http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki...Comparison_png

.....The logic to my religion is simple, I'm an agnostic.....xyzdonna
    Many years ago I came across a definition for an agnostic. And for all the readers who read things into what other people write notice I say A definition, not 'the' definition. To reiterate: A definition for (or of) an agnostic is someone who is waiting for their miracle (to be convinced of the existence of a supreme being I guess).

What miracle are you waiting for?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    Arrogant and lost. Good thing they pay you what your worth rather than what you think your worth!

I suspect that you are in awe of the beauty of what you perceive to be inside yourself. From this vantage point it's another view entirely!
    Now jhowelb,
    I didn't mean to be unkind, just mischievous. I enjoy our banter. You bring out some of the best of me. I hope I do the same for you. Now think about it, you wouldn't want the liberal that you love to hate to be nice would you? That would be insufferable! A liberal must be a vixen, a vamp, someone who sees through the incongruous illogic of the conservative mindset!
    Take care,
    xyzdonna

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    RELIGION, n.
    A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable.
    MIRACLE, n.
    An act or event out of the order of nature and unaccountable, as beating a normal hand of four kings and an ace with four aces and a king.

HEAVEN, n.
    A place where the wicked cease from troubling you with talk of their personal affairs, and the good listen with attention while you expound your own.

Short but interesting!

"Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer."

Many years ago I came across a definition for an agnostic. And for all the readers who read things into what other people write notice I say A definition, not 'the' definition. To reiterate: A definition for (or of) an agnostic is someone who is waiting for their miracle (to be convinced of the existence of a supreme being I guess).

From Merriam-Webster:

Etymology: Greek agnōstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnōstos known, from gignōskein to know — more at know
    Date: 1869
    1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
    2: a person unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>

xyzdonna: Although I don't share many of your views, I am also agnostic! I think #1 above says it pretty well!
    "Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer."

Hi Rekd,
    Nothing "anti-human" about it, any engineer, scientist or mathematician should be able to explain to you that perpetual population growth won't work.
    Holy Captain Obvious, donna!!!

Nobody needs to explain to me that there are a lot of people in the world. It was predicted that we'd have eaten ourselves out of a planet by more than a quarter of a century ago.

Sorry, I just don't buy the hype. We're smart enough to deal with the problem without the need for fear mongering by way of junk science, and flat out lies.

The point, which you miss with alarming consistency and diligence, is your perception of what is and what is not a real problem. Much like Bill Clinton in his inability to "define" the use of the word "is" when he was caught in a bold-faced lie and still refused to tell the truth.

You also seem to be of the impression that we should create some kind of world government so we can deal with it on an international level.

Screw that. We've got way too much government already.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

fizzissist,

Thanks for the URL; that's what I was looking for. The red graph (most recent study) looks particularly bad for Schneider when graphed over a 1,000 AD to 2,000 AD timescale to match his hockey-stick graphs. Later today I'll scale the red graph and superimpose it over one of his graphs so we all can see the correlation.

Mariss

From Fox News??? Gasp....

Leon,
    Never believe what you read at Fox. Nothing they say could ever possibly be true. They're shills of the right-wing conspiracy. At least that's what I keep hearing from my liberal friends.

So, if Fox repeats what Hadley says, it isn't true. It is true though if you hear it from James Hansen.

I love the mention of how you can't look at a single year, and at the same time they shout about how '98 was the warmest year (though that claim is subject to a heated debate by actual scientists). Schneider said too you have to look at long term trends....

Anthony Watts ( wattsupwiththat) and ClimateAudit have some great discourse on that whole issue.

But notice, if you will, that there's a curious shift in the tone of the alarmists? As if they're getting ready to spin the whole campaign around just in case things do get cooler....CONTRARY TO WHAT THE MODELS PREDICT???

...(place yuk yuk here).....

Mariss,
    Go to Real Climate, and read what Gavin and the gang are saying about the ARGO bouys and claiming that the data is in need of correction....because they're not showing the desired warming....(another yuk yuk).....

Now jhowelb,
    I didn't mean to be unkind, just mischievous. I enjoy our banter. You bring out some of the best of me. I hope I do the same for you. Now think about it, you wouldn't want the liberal that you love to hate to be nice would you? That would be insufferable! A liberal must be a vixen, a vamp, someone who sees through the incongruous illogic of the conservative mindset!
    Take care,
    xyzdonna
    Good Lord! You give me a huge migraine (dislocated further South) and prove one thing for positive. Liberals routinely engage in "the willing suspension of disbelief" of any thing incredible and even of the obvious!

Rekd said it very well,

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    <snip>

The point, which you miss with alarming consistency and diligence, is your perception of what is and what is not a real problem. Much like Bill Clinton in his inability to "define" the use of the word "is" when he was caught in a bold-faced lie and still refused to tell the truth.

You also seem to be of the impression that we should create some kind of world government so we can deal with it on an international level.

First, create a problem and then create more and bigger government to tax the people into oblivion so you can "deal" with the "problem".

Let me emphasize,

Hi Geof,
    Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner, computer problems. We've been uninstalling stuff to get back to a stable platform. I'm not expecting any miracles, I'll just have to wait and see what happens when I croak. If I did screw up and jhowelb is correct then so be it. Somehow I don't think so but who knows. At least I'll be with all my friends.
    Take care,
    xyzdonna

Page 109 of 460 95999107108109110111119159209