587,997 active members*
1,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 19 910111213
    So now it's complaint + proof = removal. But I thought you said they can't and wont check the validity of the complaint.

Sorry but I guess smoke blowing tends to make me cranky.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    if you provided ebay with some proof... yes.
    not sure why your hell bent on arguing something completely irrelevant to this thread. go read ebays rules.

Basically what he is stating is true.. I have seen it happen to many people. Ebay will pull your sale without giving you the chance to defend yourself and without concrete proof.

These forums are buggin out today..

Basically what he is stating is true.. I have seen it happen to many people. You have to give a reason but they will not validate it, they will just pull the sale..

Quote Originally Posted by compunerdy View Post
    These forums are buggin out today..
    Yeah they are.

Anyway..

I have seen this as well. I have a customer whose wife was trying to sell her Dooney and Burke bags and they got pulled just like that. Someone put in a complaint and they yanked them and were not allowed to relist. They wouldnt even acknowledge their emails.

And when she listed the handbags she posted the original sales receipts and all the packaging that came with them, not to mention her 100% rating, none of that mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatchman View Post
    I bought 10 ER32 TTS type holder (no toolchanger groove or end taper) from him about 6-8 weeks. They arrived in five days (looks like these will also) and are really good quality. Total runnout at the toolshank including the collets from another source is in the 0.0005" -0.0010" range.

nitewatchman
    Get your ATC tool holders in yet?

Keep in mind it's quite easy to cut the ATC groove and taper the shank on the non-ATC collet chucks. I did all 20 of mine in about an hour, and they work just fine in my ATC.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjamez View Post
    Get your ATC tool holders in yet?

As a matter of a fact, I got them last Thursday at noon. Three days and 2 hours after I ordered them. They really look good and seem to work in the tool changer. I say seem to since I started installing the tool changer on Sunday and haven't quite finished yet.

Funny thing, I was in Decatur, IL last week and was tracking the DHL Shipment. Image my surprise when the DHL website reported that I had signed for them in Birmingham.

nitewatchman

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    Keep in mind it's quite easy to cut the ATC groove and taper the shank on the non-ATC collet chucks. I did all 20 of mine in about an hour, and they work just fine in my ATC.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Well sort of.

I started grooving my ER32 holders also from Besello/YS and found them a litte tough. Took a holder into our lab and found that the Rockwell hardness is Rc48-Rc52 and the alloy appears to be C1080 same as our High Strength Rail.

It cuts but it don't cut good. Using an Iscar .087" C-2 TIN parting tool.

nitewatchman

Well sort of.

I started grooving my ER32 holders also from Besello/YS and found them a litte tough. Took a holder into our lab and found that the Rockwell hardness is Rc48-Rc52 and the alloy appears to be C1080 same as our High Strength Rail.

It cuts but it don't cut good. Using an Iscar .087" C-2 TIN parting tool.

nitewatchman
    I used a Glanze carbide insert parting tool. They cut like butter - took about a minute each. The tapers were easy to cut even with a HSS tool.

T10012 Parting Tool with Carbide Insert

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    I used a Glanze carbide insert parting tool. They cut like butter - took about a minute each. The tapers were easy to cut even with a HSS tool.

T10012 Parting Tool with Carbide Insert

Regards,
    Ray L.

These sure don't cut like butter. Using basically the same setup running slow at about 150SFM. HSS would even turn 1/16" length running at 50RPM.

I messaged the seller to see if they had any stock of the ATC style left. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

...Took a holder into our lab and found that the Rockwell hardness is Rc48-Rc52 ...
    Has anyone measured the hardness of the Tormach holders for comparison? I get the impression that the shanks of the Tormach holders aren't as hard as they could be.
    Step

Got a reply back. I ordered a set with the "ATC" groove. They were 210 delivered. I messaged the seller and he had sets of ER20 in stock. On the way!

I just ordered 10 as well for $210 delivered. As of this morning he has 10 left (one set).
    These are the ATC version I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ddragon View Post
    I just ordered 10 as well for $210 delivered. As of this morning he has 10 left (one set).
    These are the ATC version I'm talking about
    I just sent an email to him about 2 hours ago. Hopefully I'll have good news in the morning also.

I grabbed 10 aswell

Fimished grooving my YS ER-32 Collet Chucks last night and setup on a job that uses both the ER-20 ATC Chucks and the grooved ER-32 Chucks. The ER-20 ATC Chucks look and work very well.

Now just need lots more collets.

nitewatchman

When I was messaging Chen about these, he said they are about finished up with a run of ER32s and they will soon be available.

So does it sound like they are going to be regularly stocking the ATC grooved tool holders now? Going to add a power draw bar, and i'd like to be able to use the notched versions.

Page 11 of 19 910111213