587,357 active members*
3,744 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 22 91011121321
    I have a chip of which parameter was verified the to the motors. I got it from the salesman of the motors.
    This on his basis:

R - Load servo parameter

R

This command loads servo parameters from non-volatile data memory. The bank 0 is loaded automatically at power-up initialization.

Who I can read the parameters simply?

parameters

The parameters are p0 , p1 ...
    You set up your configuration the way it works than you may also write the parameters to nonvolatile memory. I think with W command. So you may write the parameters to bank 0 so each time it is restarted it loads your default.

Quote Originally Posted by mcm_xyz View Post
    Okay, I was worth the P0, P4, P5, P6, P7parameters.
    How I can define the other parameters (P1, P2, P3)? With counting? With a measurement?
    I am amateur unfortunately.

UP! Big the silence...

I read the parameters for the got programmed uC:

P0: 800
    P1: 5120
    P2: 512
    P3: 48
    P4: 185
    P5: 705
    P6: 1024
    P7: 0

Says it from who I got the chip, that the original code not operational. True this??? (smc3a)
    I did not programme an own chip yet. It would be liked mutual soon.

hi everybody!
    Only one question to start my prototype.
    wich is the serial port host software I can use for online commands?
    any sugestions?, could you send me links where I could get it? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    Default windows hyperterminal. Or Bray's terminal. I have a v.1.9.b program. It's work. I tested.
    I can upload...

pcb of elm

i have finishd the design of the pcb
    but i didnt tray it warking
    u can check it and fix the mistakes the pcb was desinged be eagle 4.1 software
    u can download from the attachments and modify it
    then upload it again plz :cheers:
    Attached Files Attached Files

i can't load your schematics ..

i can't load your schematics .. please verify posted archive - try to load with the EAGLE freeware version and you will receive error N 293 ....

Using Small Servo's With Chan's Design

Quote Originally Posted by NASR1 View Post
    hello All
    thankful for answer.
    I compiled source file with AVR Studio (smc.zip)Please turn 2 attached file . but this hex file its good for lpt port input.I used attyny2313 and l298 for
    drive 3Amp servo motor with sharp encoder. i have problem with RS232 input (PIN 2&3 txd and rxd of attyny2313) do it might be possible defective source file .? can you test this file (smc2).?
    Best regards.
    I have a few small servo's I'm trying to use with Chan's Servo controller. They are less than 3A so I was hoping to use an lm18200 or l298 ic. I'm not any good with ASM and can't figure out if I need to go after the 74hc08 (original design) or if I can't go directly to the H-bridge driver. If anyone happens to have a schematic of a l298 or similar setup, I wouldn't mind seeing it. It may help clear-up my confusion ! Thanks !

its ok with this vir. 4.11
    its link is >>>elm<<<<
    download and enjoy the full one

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    I am currently waiting for my prototype PCBs for such a drive, read this thread: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217 , I will post gerbers and schematics as well as a B.O.M. list as soon as it is tested satisfactorily.

My test motor is exactly the same model you have (actually is not mine, it's owner is another member of the CNCzone.). Meanwhile, I recommend you to enter http://www.irf.com/indexsw.html and familiarize yourself with Mosfet and IGBT driving technology. I am only redesigning the power stage for high power, the design is based on the UHU chip.

Regards,

Kreutz.
    The modification was tested mid December, it is working and some members are manufacturing complete kits. Here is a photo of the prototype tested to 185 volts, 13.5 Amp continuous stall current (25 Amp maximum). Note: the modification is only on the power output stage and the functionality is still based on the UHU chip.

Regards,

Kreutz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ModUHU_Commented.jpg  

tuning ELM DC Servo

I have drawn one side pcb of elm scm with eagle i' don't know if it's working yet
    but i can share, if someone need it ( their is no mod of H bridge or anything else)
    regard's

ELECAPA:

I'd like to have a look at your PCB ! That'd be great, Thanks !!
    Which version of SMC is it for ?

SMC board

Just like this
    I want to know if someone got non vibration during position control with that smc like an ink printer.
    (nuts)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SMC3.jpg  

Looks great. Glad to see it's single sided. If you Wouldn't you mind posting the SCH and BRD file so I can print one from eagle that would be great. If you are talking about motor vibration (like shuddering once in position) I had that problem with a larger servo motor on one of my GECKO 320 drives. Once I tuned it (Turned the Gain down) it stopped and the motor moves smooth and quietly. If this is what you mean, I have some info on servo tuning somewhere if you would like it.

John

almost single side SMC

Sorry I was newbie with eagle when i started and i forgot to do schematic before. I am really interested by a method to easly tune servo ,
    Don't forget to check the layout before you build, because i never try it
    I'm thinking to build a IRF version, cause it looks simpler and I heard some good experience wtih. John did you get good tune with ELM SMC ?
    See you next

APA

Smile single side SMC

did you already try the SMC from ELM ?
    what do you think about GEKO 320 ?
    ELM tunnig experience is wellcome

ELECAPA, you should at least use wider traces for power wiring if you are planning to use anything larger than ~0.5 amp motors.

I havn't built an elm drive yet. I was unable to find the components when I first started. Then I ended up buying gecko's due to time restrictions. The Geckos are amazing devices, and the tech support is unbelevable, they are a great company !! I had a gecko die on me, probably due to something I did, and they replaced it no questions asked.
    I will look for the servco tuning info, I know I had it somewhere.

Thanks for the Layout !!

John

Here's a file on tuning that a gentleman sent me a long time ago, he may still be watching this thread !

You may also want to go on gecko's website and download the documentation on their 320 drive. Perhaps the tuning info in there might help as well.

From experience, I always set the 3 settings on my gecko's at half, and then turn up the gain until the motor shudders, then adjust the other two until it stops. Eventually you can't turn it up anymore and get the motor to stay calm, so i turn the gain down a little, and away she hums.

I have also found that using older computer parallel ports and say KCAM, the motor seems to 'ding' every so many steps, but when I use a never machine or a pulse generator, the movement is very smooth. This baffeled me for a long time, and I thought that the servos were bad because of the repetitive knock they made, I know believe it was the older machine's speed that was to blame.

Good luck tuning !! I hope to start my ELM soon, hopefully you'll have your's sorted out by then.

Page 11 of 22 91011121321