587,168 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 111 of 422 1161101109110111112113121161211
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 8430
    Hi all, my name's Raffaele and I'm from Naples, Italy. CNC has been my hobby for several years by now. I only recently started using EMC2 though. Needless to say, I found some issues I could not solve all on my own. I'm going to start a thread about the touch off plate in the EMC2 section; I'd appreciate very much if you could help me.

Click here to read the thread I made.

New guy in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Me and dad built a DIY 3-axis machine, intended to hold a router and make some chips. We've got all the parts put together and we'll probably fire it up for the first time this weekend, if the snow doesn't shut off all the power in his house.

Exclamation Good luck

I'll keep my fingers crossed (for a sunny day)!

Hello all. I'm still somewhat new here and this is actually my first post. I came onto this sight to gain more knowledge of CNC operations. I've been developing new fluids for the metalworking industry for about 4 years now. I figure whatever I can learn here will help me in designing the best coolants. I hope I can also help anyone troubleshoot coolant issues if they need it.

Newbie here, mostly involved in computer systems and industrial automation.

Just introducing myself...

Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum and new (if that) to machining. To put it simply... I have no experience whatsoever with mills or lathes but I've seen so much amazing work done by others within my two hobbies, Tamiya RCs and Paintball, that I'd been thinking about getting the equipment to do some work of my own. (I've honestly been thinking it over for the last 3-4 years and only decided to do something now.)

My main problem is that I don't know anything about any of the equipment, anything about the upkeep and maintainance of the equipment, anything about what bits are absolutely necessary to get the jobs done, anything about what stuff is good and what's bad, etc., etc., etc.. All I know is that I'd be primarily working in T6061 Aluminium. I'd probably need to do the occasional bit in Wood, Steel, Titanium or Brass but pretty much everything I'd want to make would have to be in Aluminium. I'd like to be able to make other equipment eventually, like vacuum forming and injection molding machines, but those'll definitely have to wait.

Anyways, I've joined here to see what I can find to help me along. Hopefully I'll be able to get myself going by May/June with at least a mill. If anyone can offer advice on how to select machines and parts, or links to where I can gather the info myself, it'll be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

I am a high school student interested in learning more about machining. I am part of my schools FIRST robotics team and recently we acquired our schools wood shop to serve as a base of operation. I want to learn if there is anyway we can (gradually) convert our wood shop into a machine shop, while learning more about the essentials of metalworking and machining. I have taken a course at a local college on metallurgy and heat treating, and I got to do a little work in their full machine shop, but the course was over so fast I never had an opportunity to really absorb everything I was doing or even understand what all the tools we used were.

Hi, I'm a former programmer, a woodworker and amateur machinist living near Everett WA. I build a lot of furniture, and currently work building airliners for that big airplane company up here you may have heard of....

In the past I built fighting robots and competed on BattleBots (usually losing in the first round, alas, so I wasn't really on TV much).

Less than a month ago I really got bitten hard by the CNC bug, and I'm planning to design and build my own 4'x8' router to cut furniture parts out of 3/4 hardwood veneer ply sheets. I will probably start a thread soon to ask for input on a few of my design ideas, but right now I'm just reading like mad until my eyes get fuzzy (need a new prescription....)

Hello...first post....

Just wanted to say hi. Been lurking here a long time, but finally had to jump in.

hello

Hello I have been lurking here for a couple years and my name is Joe and i am interested in learning about cnc machines and looking to purchase a small cnc lathe. Great site

Hi

Hi to all, my name is Mike Walsh. I make bass guitars, lead guitars, speaker cabinets and valve amps. My company makes the Zoot bass and the Purple-chili range of amplification/speakers. I have a Pacer HD series cnc with a six dock ATS, plus other wood working machines. The forum looks great, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the threads.

Mike

Hi there,
    I am new here. I build kiteboards, furnitures (wood) and some tools for my tools, my main tool beeing a wood rooter. I also used to build model 1m sail boat and speedsails.
    I am looking around Cnc for wood core forming or complex shapes plus thin sheetmetal but also laser for plastic, fabric and template cutting.
    At the moment I am abit cold regarding price and electronic that not seem.
    very mature for a lot of controllers.
    See you around.

Newbie to CNC Zone

I am assuming the Club House is for general chit chat among like minded CNCers.
    Anyway, I started designing and building automation machines in 1973 and owned my own businesses until 2003 when I sold out and simi-retired. Ever since 2003 I have stayed active with the company that bought me out, C&C Enterprises here in Benicia, CA. One of the main reasons for joining CNC Zone is from frustration with or shortage of CNC technical assistance. I'm hoping that as a community I will find like minded people willing to help one another solve issues surrounding CNC machinery. In general I have loved working with creative people.
    Now if I can figure out how to post a question on the forum. That will be a major step in the right direction.

Hi

Bit about myself ....

I am 52 year old and am physically challenged. Unfortunately I know more about back fusions, pain management procedures, nerve stimulator, morphine pump and blood cancer then CNC:-(

After my disability, I bought few woodworking machines but soon realized that I am not be able to work with heavy stuff. Plus medications do make me very dizzy and I rather stay away from moving blades.

My background is in computers (wrote first SW in 70s). I do have formal post graduate degrees from good Universities in engineering, telecommunications, computer sciences and business administrations. I worked for around 30 years in Corporate America and never in my life I developed anything which I can touch or feel. So machining and CNC is very new to me.

Purchased XZero 110 inch router table a year ago and struggling to get this table shipped to me. I also purchased Novakon NM200 and their new Lathe and hope to receive them in 6-7 weeks. I know it will be difficult to get these machines running and get started, but I do have all the time in the world. My hope is after the initial phase I will be able to develop complex models in years to come. I looked at different CAD and CAM programs and I think I will stick to Inventor/InventorCAM. Intention is purely to keep my mind busy and occupied with challenging and stimulating activity, I will be very happy if my models are ever good enough for gifts.

I am reading a lot and asking questions to learn more. I am pleasantly surprised with the amount of information here and way people are ready to go out of their way to help. Hope in few years I will be able to contribute. I am here to stay.

Guess this is more than I intended to write ....

Regards,

Hi my name is Dave, I am 64 years old. I am in the Air-conditioning & Electrical business. Also through the years I have started working on some of the local cnc machines. I currently work on several Onsrud routers which are use to cut aluminum and also a couple if Multicam. I also recently purchase a shoptas patriot and looking forward to learning more about programing. I love to fish and hunt and I have an airboat which i have a lot of fun with.
    Dave

Welcome to the CnCzone, it is people like yourself who make this forum a wealth of information and assistance to people like myself who are new to the world of CnC.

Roy Dodgen

Hey guys just like to say hi, I'm new on this forum as far as posting goes. I have been on and off the forum do to searches that ALWAYS seem to bring me right back here. I felt it was time to register and stop lurking.This site has a ton of information and has always seemed to give me some good ideas.

thanks

Tqz

Hello everyone. Name's Matt. Light hobbyist machinist and aspiring mechanical engineer at Cleveland State. I do my work in a converted horse barn with a harbor freight 9x19 and a Jet-16 so it's not exactly top quality stuff but it's enough for what I do. Looking to expand my skills and keep my machines running. Would like to leech some knowledge from you fine folks and give some back.

Matt

Hi Everyone

My name is Jack but I am better known as Grandpa Grizzly or just Grizz. I am 76 years young and have done a lot of things in my life but have always wanted to build my own CNC machine to use with either my Plasma Cutter or a Router. I lurk on the site and pick up lots of info but am not knoowledgeable enough to participate in the discussions. Hopefully, one of these days I may be able to add something to the site. I want all of you to continue posting so I can further my education.
    Thanks
    GG

Welcome

Hi Grizz,

I too mostly lurk. I have put together a CnC Router and recently purchased a Grizzly mill/drill I plan to CnC later. There is plenty of helpful people on the CnC zone. Good luck on your project.

Roy Dodgen

Page 111 of 422 1161101109110111112113121161211