588,427 active members*
5,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 156 of 184 56106146154155156157158166
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

So what you suggest me to do : can you make me a diagram and list of what i need to do and buy to correct that ?

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    So , first want to thank you all guy's ! For your help and support , the over voltage problem is FIX ! I just quit from Skype with Defeng , show him photo and my transformer was an upgraded one from the old rightly to manage over voltage so i just change my blue primary by the red and now I got 44.7Vdc at my drivers input , so to resume wiring mistake and easy fix . Stress can down now , thanks again guy's i will let the mill powered on for a while to see if it stay stable

If that is what he said he is telling you a story, Your Transformer is Dual voltage input 120v/240v, this is nothing to do with managing over voltage

Your Transformer had been wired incorrectly for your 230v supply, just as I said, the Transformer had been wired for 120v Ac input, that is why you had double the output voltage
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If that is what he said he is telling you a story, Your Transformer is Dual voltage input 120v/240v, this is nothing to do with managing over voltage

Your Transformer had been wired incorrectly for your 230v supply, just as I said, the Transformer had been wired for 120v Ac input, that is why you had double the output voltage
    Yes that's what i tough too , i may bad express myself , as an upgrad i mean before the toroidal must be a 220v an they upgraded to a 240v to manage the over voltage on the old version plugged with a 220v toroidal but yes as this one is a 240v it was a mistake wiring at 120v

I will check the continuity between the enclosure and the earth socket plug , your suggestion of bad grounding make me scared of running the machine i must do that before i think

So what you suggest me to do : can you make me a diagram and list of what i need to do and buy to correct that ?

First you will have to identify, all your Ground points, the Transformer, Spindle Drive Stepper Drives, these are your main concern

Also where it all starts at the input of your 230v Ac Power, this will be a Disconnect Switch/Main Switch

As you can see in this SkyFire photo the Transformer has a Ground wire, this Ground wire is attached to the mounting plate and the center Bolt, this Ground wire would go to a Central Grounding Point that is convenient and easy access, to wire all your other hardware Grounds to this one Point, It's called Star Ground

So from your Machine Main Power Disconnect, where the Main Power enters your Cabinet/Enclosure, the Ground wire will continue, to a Ground Post in your Cabinet/Enclosure

From this Point all other Ground Wires are Connected to this one Point, Notice the Ground wire attached to the Cabinet/Enclosure Door also
    Mactec54

Mine hasn't a green/yellow ground cable

All the secondary come by two : two green two blue and two brown

I will check the continuity between the enclosure and the earth socket plug , your suggestion of bad grounding make me scared of running the machine i must do that before i think

It could well have Ground Continuity, It needs a physical Connection as I have described to be Safe, as it stands you have no such connection, and Spade Type Crimp on Connectors, are not for Ground Wire Connection use
    Mactec54

Mine hasn't a green/yellow ground cable

All the secondary come by two : two green two blue and two brown

The Transformer Its self would not have a Ground wire, the Ground wire would be attached to the Mounting Plate, or the center Bolt as explained in the other Post
    Mactec54

Ok so i checked the continuity :
    Seems OK everywhere :
    From the ground/earth of the main input plug to : driver spindle ground / transformer mounting plate / output plug / all enclosure place i can check .
    I check everywhere i can and got the continuity .

So from your Machine Main Power Disconnect, where the Main Power enters your Cabinet/Enclosure, the Ground wire will continue, to a Ground Post in your Cabinet/Enclosure
    To be clear on this, the GND wire does not go through the main disconnect switch or any fuses or breakers. It bypasses all that to ensure continuous GND even when machine is off. So from the plug dirrectly to grounding post.
    Your Ground is your life saver. Without it you're in trouble, as on a 220V -230V - 240V system, it is the path the power takes to close the loop, back to earth. So once power has gone through all your motors and electronics, it returns to earth via your grounding post and then back through the plug to your electrical panel or ground rod(depending on the path of least resistance). Poor grounding practices can make you the path of least resistance.
    Glad to see you have it sorted out.

Why it need be to be grouded to the enclosure if my socket plug managed the earth
    If your socket plug has protective ground than that's where you should connect it. Some of the information in this thread, and many others, are very confusing concerning electrical installations. Some of the posters talk about "earth rod" and seem to assume that the whole world is the same. Well folks, it is not the same everywhere... Where I am living, "earth rods" belong to the early 19th century. We have protective earth running all over the country and don't connect things to our water pipes or hammer down steel rods in or garden to get protective earth.

Be careful when you follow advises on electrical installations. Find out what needs to be done where YOU are living and follow THAT route. The Internet is a great source of information, but you must be careful, because it is also a great source of misinformation. If you are not sure you can always contact a local electrician and they will tell you for a small sum. They may not be ready to do the job for you, but I am pretty sure they can inspect and explain the local regulations to you. Even if they are not doing it for free, just ask yourself if your life is worth more than what they are asking or not. I think the decision is easy to make and the cost is well justified, even if the given advice may sound simple and easy and you might feel you overpaid them.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    If your socket plug has protective ground than that's where you should connect it. Some of the information in this thread, and many others, are very confusing concerning electrical installations. Some of the posters talk about "earth rod" and seem to assume that the whole world is the same. Well folks, it is not the same everywhere... Where I am living, "earth rods" belong to the early 19th century. We have protective earth running all over the country and don't connect things to our water pipes or hammer down steel rods in or garden to get protective earth.

Be careful when you follow advises on electrical installations. Find out what needs to be done where YOU are living and follow THAT route. The Internet is a great source of information, but you must be careful, because it is also a great source of misinformation. If you are not sure you can always contact a local electrician and they will tell you for a small sum. They may not be ready to do the job for you, but I am pretty sure they can inspect and explain the local regulations to you. Even if they are not doing it for free, just ask yourself if your life is worth more than what they are asking or not. I think the decision is easy to make and the cost is well justified, even if the given advice may sound simple and easy and you might feel you overpaid them.
    I allready contact my local electrician to make a check of my house powering , i think it can only be a good thing to know if everything is ok at this side and ask what he think too

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post

Are you saying that a 10' grounding rod driven into earth is not a good grounding source to drain off stray voltage and lightning strikes?
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Are you saying that a 10' grounding rod driven into earth is not a good grounding source to drain off stray voltage and lightning strikes?
    No He is saying that different Countries have a different Grounding system

Ground Rods, what you are talking about, if not correctly Bonded can be just as dangerous as not having one

I have no idea why you guys are talking about Ground Rods as this has nothing to do with what we are talking about with his machine Grounding, If his Country has a different Grounding system,that has nothing to do with his machine and how it should be wired
    Mactec54

Ok so i checked the continuity :
    Seems OK everywhere :
    From the ground/earth of the main input plug to : driver spindle ground / transformer mounting plate / output plug / all enclosure place i can check .
    I check everywhere i can and got the continuity .

Just By having everything screwed/bolted to the Cabinet/Enclosure, will give you Ground Continuity

That does not make the Hardware Drive Etc Bonded to a Ground, this is the same example of a lot of the Hobby level machines, that are manufactured in China

If you could look at a very good example of how it should be done, Emco that build Hobby up to industrial machines, Made in Austria, will show you the same as what I have been saying, that need to be done on your machine to comply with electrical codes
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No He is saying that different Countries have a different Grounding system

Ground Rods, what you are talking about, if not correctly Bonded can be just as dangerous as not having one

I have no idea why you guys are talking about Ground Rods as this has nothing to do with what we are talking about with his machine Grounding, If his Country has a different Grounding system,that has nothing to do with his machine and how it should be wired
    If you do not realize it by now, this is a free for all thread. Anything goes as far as topics are concerned. I mentioned grounding rods in passing. I have no idea how he has the machine wired or grounded.
    I understand there are many rules and different areas that govern grounding. The principles are the same though generally speaking. A 10' ground rod may or may not be sufficient to use as an earth ground. A lot of factors at play.
    I was really just trying to be helpful.

I once had to rewire some of a Buddies Triumph Spitfire. I agreed to it before I knew it used positive grounding on that car. That one turned my World upside down before I got it completed.
    I know. Off topic again.
    Lee

leeway
    compared to the last 1/2 year your spitfire story is not really off topic -

Jips, you still stand by your post #2888 and believe it???
    CE certified? My *ss.

This made me laugh after reading the Canadian electrical safety rules. "CE mark, is manufacturer self-declaration mark and is not recognized in Canada."

So I guess CE is nothing more than what the manufacturer says and not really a safety standard afterall.

My wife work for a control company I can ask her to make come a control guy to check for a bottle of wine and will ask you , but as I didn't know what the CE standard are ... can't make a statement about only thing I know is that if it was shipped wiithout i will didn't get the machine i'm a bit lost concerned the grounding if mine is good or not I was searching in thread that talking about and seems subject to long debate , i'm not an electrical guy ( even if i'm use to be nervous ) so can't judge by now but will and report objectively when i will have professional one .

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    Jips, you still stand by your post #2888 and believe it???
    CE certified? My *ss.

This made me laugh after reading the Canadian electrical safety rules. "CE mark, is manufacturer self-declaration mark and is not recognized in Canada."

So I guess CE is nothing more than what the manufacturer says and not really a safety standard afterall.

ce doesnt mean tested, it means that the manufacturer assumes responsibility for it being up to standard. so if it fails, you sue them. of course when they are a little company in china, you dont have alot of hope in a lawsuit.

csa in canada means its been tested (destroyed usually ha). csa is also easy to get, but you do have to sacrifice a product, which can be expensive.

Page 156 of 184 56106146154155156157158166