588,390 active members*
5,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
Page 16 of 19 61415161718

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by HrvojeL View Post
    17 months for hardware project is not a lot. It is in fact reasonable time, especially taking into consideration it is a side project.
    Human beings generally accomplish things based on the challenges they face, so 17 months may seem reasonable to some, but would hardly impress the folks who built a liberty ship in 111 1/2 hours during WW II. But then again, that was a different generation with a different goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Norvil l View Post
    Human beings generally accomplish things based on the challenges they face, so 17 months may seem reasonable to some, but would hardly impress the folks who built a liberty ship in 111 1/2 hours during WW II. But then again, that was a different generation with a different goal.
    In one situation: one of the largest shipbuilding corporations in history with the full financial backing of the US government, tens of thousands of workers, and nonstop construction.

In the other: a couple of guys in their garage with day jobs and families.

Quote Originally Posted by footpetaljones View Post
    In one situation: one of the largest shipbuilding corporations in history with the full financial backing of the US government, tens of thousands of workers, and nonstop construction.

In the other: a couple of guys in their garage with day jobs and families.
    Thank you!! Actually just one guy with a small business and a family, and other hobby interests as well..lol

I think he is just looking for an argument, I'd ignore him and let him tire himself out and perhaps he'll lose interest and troll elsewhere!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

OK, so clint got the machine moving and needed to make a quick template jig for another Job he is about to quote so he gave us some video footage of it drilling some holes in MDF. more to come in a few days once he has his work finished up and then it is off to setting up the ATC in Classic Ladder in Linuxcnc!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/J-lqw9YwXfA

Very nice! Great to see it running under its own steam. Good luck with the ATC!

Quote Originally Posted by vakeiros View Post
    Hi, I'd talk with Fred Lee from the factory, their machines now are coming with Siemens 808D controller, fully assembled with servos and a 5.5kw Spindle, 15.8K shipped it's really not expensive... don't know if the controller is any good but since the machine without the controller and motors/drives (asked him if he sells the machine without the controller alone and if it's without the controller it won't have the motors/drives also, guess they buy the set of controller+motors+drives) is 12.6K I guess it's better buying it fully assembled and get rid of the controller alone (if the controller is bad...) and throw in a linuxcnc computer with mesa cards for 5-600 extra bucks....

I'm really looking forward to see this machine running!

I'm really struggling not to buy one also... I know it's a great price but it's a bit out of my budget right now!
    Vakeiros,

The Siemens controller is very good, are you sure that price was with the 808D? I would guess that price was with the KND system which I would rather use LinuxCNC over, but the Siemens unit is a quality piece! I doubt you would have any issue using it day in and day out! I can tell you know that I have watched Clint’s machine run its first program, it is a nice machine movement wise regardless of the control system being used. And if you wanted to run LinuxCNC, we will have it all mapped out completely to make it very easy to do. Clint and I purchased out motors from another supplier but I would avoid them going forward as they failed to send the correct drives and their idea of correcting the situation is unacceptable for their mistake.

also at the time I made the purchase I had a pretty strict budget, but if I had to do it again I would get a spindle motor good for 12k rpm as well as upgrade the spindle to the 5 ceramic bearing unit that could handle 12,000rpm. I also would have gone with 10mm lead ballscrews to bump up the feed rate even more and probably the arm type tool changer they now offer. I also would have had them upgrade the linear rails to the Hiwin Pin roller type for additional rigidity. It would probably add about $6-7k total to the overall package but if you were in a production environment, the machine would really rip through some parts!! It would bump your rapids up on X and Y to 1300ipm and Z to 1100ipm.. And the ARM Type ATC is quite a bit faster and holds 24+1 tools rather than 12.

For what I will be doing it won't be the end of the world and I may upgrade the spindle bearings and the spindle motor down the road once everything else is hashed out and use the existing spindle motor and drive for my lathe build. but thats down the road a bit..lol after this amchine is fully up running and finished!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    OK, so clint got the machine moving and needed to make a quick template jig for another Job he is about to quote so he gave us some video footage of it drilling some holes in MDF. more to come in a few days once he has his work finished up and then it is off to setting up the ATC in Classic Ladder in Linuxcnc!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/J-lqw9YwXfA
    If you are familiar with C programming, writing 'components' for linuxcnc is easy. If you are familiar with PLC programming, then I believe classicladder is similar to that.

Let me know if you want some tips with 'components'. (I'm no help with classicladder however)
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

My suggestion is also using a component for a carousel toolchanger named the same "carousel", I programmed mine for Hurco MD1 VMC in couple of hours even with needed changes for the component. Just use component and remap M6 , read inputs M66 and set outputs with M64 M65

hello i just bought jnc 40m i have trouble to set up softwere mach3,, please help me thank you

Sent from my SM-J510UN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    Just an update, I am working on wiring and developing a schematic still, slow going fairly boring so not much to pay up about. Clint and I have discovered that we received incorrect drives for or analog control. The company has sent pulse direction drives which has been extremely frustrating while trying to get movement with analog. We are in contact with Jennifer Guan who was our sales associate at Wenling Yuhai Electromechanical CO.,LTD*to get it resolved, and I will update the thread as to how that turns out along with further review of their company, product and service.

So until the next update which hopefully will be more exciting, lol

Thanks for checking in!!

Chris

In your manual it states those drives can be controlled by analog voltage by changing parameter PA000 from H001 to H000. This is listed on page 50 of your manual. Maybe this was already tried. It would be silly if they made drives for position control only of those motors.

Quote Originally Posted by DJEkim33 View Post
    In your manual it states those drives can be controlled by analog voltage by changing parameter PA000 from H001 to H000. This is listed on page 50 of your manual. Maybe this was already tried. It would be silly if they made drives for position control only of those motors.
    Yes, you would think that's the case and so did we but then on the first couple of pages it started in the model number break down that analog and pulse have different part numbers.. pretty lame!!!

We did try changing the parameters, but they manufacturer started that analog would require a different chip... Blah..

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    If you are familiar with C programming, writing 'components' for linuxcnc is easy. If you are familiar with PLC programming, then I believe classicladder is similar to that.

Let me know if you want some tips with 'components'. (I'm no help with classicladder however)
    Yeah I'm starting to think that may be the easier option as well!!! Once we are sorting through that we will post up any questions we run into problems with! I greatly appreciate the offer of help!!

Chris

Ok, here is the first chips Clint made on aluminum, Cam needs a few adjustments, and the spindle drive needs a few tweaks on the parameters as it's not holding rpm in the heavier cuts, hopefully just a parameter of our that needs a change. If you have any insights or experience here please chime in!!

Cut specifications are below:

https://youtu.be/8l_myyQX-cg

https://youtu.be/G3HQfUe6d4M

Good luck getting things dialed in. Looks like pretty solid machining other than the bogging spindle (and the slow non-retract connecting moves, but I think that's something to work out in CAM.)
    I'm no VFD wizard, but if you've got no idea where to start, I think slip hz, winding resistance, voltage boost, hz boost are terms to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Good luck getting things dialed in. Looks like pretty solid machining other than the bogging spindle (and the slow non-retract connecting moves, but I think that's something to work out in CAM.)
    I'm no VFD wizard, but if you've got no idea where to start, I think slip hz, winding resistance, voltage boost, hz boost are terms to look for.
    Ah, this is a spindle servo and spindle servo drive. Not quite a regular VFD which I'm more familiar with, but there are some slip setting I was reading about in the manual I will check out! Thanks for the heads up!

Below are all of the parameters available to set in the drive. Admittedly, they were all at the default settings as seen here during that cut. Control is analog +/-10v speed control.

Anyone who knows which of these may effect the bogging please lend your wisdom and knowledge!

What is E03 currently set at. It would also be worth knowing how much the motor bogged in cuts. Did it loose 900 rpm and E03 was set at 900? Would also be helpful to know what E10 and E11 are.

Quote Originally Posted by DJEkim33 View Post
    What is E03 currently set at. It would also be worth knowing how much the motor bogged in cuts. Did it loose 900 rpm and E03 was set at 900? Would also be helpful to know what E10 and E11 are.
    Currently not set, everything is set as shown with exception of control method.

Do you know if it's an induction or synchronous motor? If it's induction, the slip parameters should be set, if you can find a data sheet for the motor it might be on there.
    If it's synchronous, the PI parameters are where I'd start, E30-E36. It almost sounds like it's not using any integral term, as that should cause it to catch up again after getting loaded by a constant amount (and possibly overshoot when the load goes away.)

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Do you know if it's an induction or synchronous motor? If it's induction, the slip parameters should be set, if you can find a data sheet for the motor it might be on there.
    If it's synchronous, the PI parameters are where I'd start, E30-E36. It almost sounds like it's not using any integral term, as that should cause it to catch up again after getting loaded by a constant amount (and possibly overshoot when the load goes away.)
    It is a synchronous motor... This is the only spec sheet I have on it, but it's a 220v model and I'm not certain of the amps..

Page 16 of 19 61415161718