588,577 active members*
12,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!
Page 16 of 19 61415161718

Hybrid View

Very nice! Great to see it running under its own steam. Good luck with the ATC!

Re: Chinese XK7130 a complete experience Review!

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    OK, so clint got the machine moving and needed to make a quick template jig for another Job he is about to quote so he gave us some video footage of it drilling some holes in MDF. more to come in a few days once he has his work finished up and then it is off to setting up the ATC in Classic Ladder in Linuxcnc!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/J-lqw9YwXfA
    If you are familiar with C programming, writing 'components' for linuxcnc is easy. If you are familiar with PLC programming, then I believe classicladder is similar to that.

Let me know if you want some tips with 'components'. (I'm no help with classicladder however)
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    If you are familiar with C programming, writing 'components' for linuxcnc is easy. If you are familiar with PLC programming, then I believe classicladder is similar to that.

Let me know if you want some tips with 'components'. (I'm no help with classicladder however)
    Yeah I'm starting to think that may be the easier option as well!!! Once we are sorting through that we will post up any questions we run into problems with! I greatly appreciate the offer of help!!

Chris

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

My suggestion is also using a component for a carousel toolchanger named the same "carousel", I programmed mine for Hurco MD1 VMC in couple of hours even with needed changes for the component. Just use component and remap M6 , read inputs M66 and set outputs with M64 M65

hello i just bought jnc 40m i have trouble to set up softwere mach3,, please help me thank you

Sent from my SM-J510UN using Tapatalk

Ok, here is the first chips Clint made on aluminum, Cam needs a few adjustments, and the spindle drive needs a few tweaks on the parameters as it's not holding rpm in the heavier cuts, hopefully just a parameter of our that needs a change. If you have any insights or experience here please chime in!!

Cut specifications are below:

https://youtu.be/8l_myyQX-cg

https://youtu.be/G3HQfUe6d4M

Good luck getting things dialed in. Looks like pretty solid machining other than the bogging spindle (and the slow non-retract connecting moves, but I think that's something to work out in CAM.)
    I'm no VFD wizard, but if you've got no idea where to start, I think slip hz, winding resistance, voltage boost, hz boost are terms to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Good luck getting things dialed in. Looks like pretty solid machining other than the bogging spindle (and the slow non-retract connecting moves, but I think that's something to work out in CAM.)
    I'm no VFD wizard, but if you've got no idea where to start, I think slip hz, winding resistance, voltage boost, hz boost are terms to look for.
    Ah, this is a spindle servo and spindle servo drive. Not quite a regular VFD which I'm more familiar with, but there are some slip setting I was reading about in the manual I will check out! Thanks for the heads up!

Below are all of the parameters available to set in the drive. Admittedly, they were all at the default settings as seen here during that cut. Control is analog +/-10v speed control.

Anyone who knows which of these may effect the bogging please lend your wisdom and knowledge!

What is E03 currently set at. It would also be worth knowing how much the motor bogged in cuts. Did it loose 900 rpm and E03 was set at 900? Would also be helpful to know what E10 and E11 are.

Quote Originally Posted by DJEkim33 View Post
    What is E03 currently set at. It would also be worth knowing how much the motor bogged in cuts. Did it loose 900 rpm and E03 was set at 900? Would also be helpful to know what E10 and E11 are.
    Currently not set, everything is set as shown with exception of control method.

Do you know if it's an induction or synchronous motor? If it's induction, the slip parameters should be set, if you can find a data sheet for the motor it might be on there.
    If it's synchronous, the PI parameters are where I'd start, E30-E36. It almost sounds like it's not using any integral term, as that should cause it to catch up again after getting loaded by a constant amount (and possibly overshoot when the load goes away.)

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Do you know if it's an induction or synchronous motor? If it's induction, the slip parameters should be set, if you can find a data sheet for the motor it might be on there.
    If it's synchronous, the PI parameters are where I'd start, E30-E36. It almost sounds like it's not using any integral term, as that should cause it to catch up again after getting loaded by a constant amount (and possibly overshoot when the load goes away.)
    It is a synchronous motor... This is the only spec sheet I have on it, but it's a 220v model and I'm not certain of the amps..

Quote Originally Posted by lcvette View Post
    It is a synchronous motor... This is the only spec sheet I have on it, but it's a 220v model and I'm not certain of the amps..

It's not synchronous according to that data sheet. I would look into the slip settings as well, that data sheet actually has the info to calculate slip. At 50 Hz, unloaded a 4-pole motor will run at 1500 Hz. Slip is just 1500 - the rated speed. So should be somewhere between 34 and 48 if it's similar to those motors. I'd try changing the torque saturation back and try putting in a value of 30 or so for slip and work up from there.

Ok so after going through the parameters and setting everything up and making one changer to the torque saturation setting from 450 to 550, it seems the bogging is gone. Here is a test video of the same doc, woc, feed and RPM..

Tool - 1/2" 3 flute carbide endmill

WOC - 2.5mm(.0985")
    DOC - 17mm(.6692")
    RPM - 6000
    IPT - 0.0056"
    IPM - 100

https://youtu.be/QqJal72PLok

Ok, here is a short video of today's testing of the spindle power. As you can see some of the power is bumped back up but it still bogs in heavier Cuts now which may just be the power curve of the motor. We have a few settings left to change and we benchmark..

https://youtu.be/mfDMQpkqC2c

0.011" per tooth? That's not messing around Looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ebrewste View Post
    0.011" per tooth? That's not messing around Looks like fun!
    for sure!!.. that is a healthy cut for certain, wouldn't hurt to have some more power in the spindle.. considering upgrading the spindle and spindle motor, from 5.5kw to 7.5kw and bumping the speed range up yo 12k rpm and new spindle to handle it. at the time of originally purchase the funds were not available for that upgrade, but maybe in a few months they will be. seeing as we process 90% aluminum it makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They look like GX16 connectors

Did you ever get a chance to check the runout on the BT30 tool hoolders you got from tool tree? I am looking at ordering a set of BT40.

Page 16 of 19 61415161718