587,999 active members*
2,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 18 of 109 816171819202868
    Most of them are used in Germany. Any success stories about them are stored in cncecke.de which is in German with such tight security that it is not possible to translate them online.

However. If you run into trouble that cannot be fixed here (assuming you have the board layout by Stefan8051) I will translate and post on the cncecke forum and feedback any solutions here. However since Uli is here there will probably be very few problems that will be hard to solve.

Erik Jan
    What goes down, should come up.

hi

After reading alot of information on this site , in which i have alot of learning to do

I thought i would make a small model CNC Plasma table ( scale model ) using stuff that i have laying around the workshop

using old printer stepper motors and materials i have at work

I need a 3 axis stepper motor driver to control small printer stepper motors which will be the bases of my learning curve

I want to biuld a small table so i can carry it from home to work and experiment with it say size measuring 9 inchs by 18 inchs
    ( 225mm by 450 mm ) once i have gained some experience the tackle the bigger CNC PLASMA TABLE

this thread talks about DIY Servo controller does anyone have DIY Stepper motor drivers ( controllers ) they can recommend.

I need all interface to laptop and necessary software to make this little project work baring in mind im on a budget .

cheers

Hi All,

Here are Pics of my UHU PCB.

Manjeet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UHU PCB Pic1a.jpg   UHU PCB Pic2a.jpg   UHU PCB Pic3a.jpg  

hello
    i have uhu servo kits and assembled boards.
    they are easy to put together and have
    satisfied customers

http://www.bgmikro.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails servo10.jpg   kit10.jpg   running10.jpg  

hi

who sells cheap stepper motor drivers and softare ??

just want to learn at this stage

anyone have any links or can recommend a 3 axis stepper motor driver

at this stage all i want to drive are small inkjet printer stepper motors on a small CNC table i am going to make

any help would be apreciated

cheers

Now I can see why few people wanted to help me release a complete working schematic for this project in Eagle CAD to the public...

Hi all,

what a choice we suddenly have now ! :-))

@ manjeet: Nice boards. What I am missing is a component print. It makes assembly so much more convenient....

@ smarbarga: Looks like an easy way for the lazy people... ;-))
    (or those who want to do machining instead of soldering)

Uli

redrawn uHu servo

re drawn uhu schematic attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Uli,

Thanks for your appriciation. I will get component layer printed on PCBs. So now my PCBs will be with component layer.

Manjeet

Hi All,

Here is the Parts List in simple format That I have some what translated. There are still some which I still dont understand. Any one there please translate the leftovers.

Manjeet

Some dumb questions.

I have some PCB's from Uli and I see there are 3 opto's on the board but thee is no way I can put all 3 on there. I see several people areonly using 1. Help!!!!
    Tommy C.

Tommy,

look into the schematics. You need to put in either one hcpl-2231 or two 6N137 because the latter has only one channel. The 2231 is the better choice if it is available.

Uli

Hi All,

Here is the assembling details of the UHU servo controller which I downloaded from (http://www.gertronik.de/cncecke/UHU_Aufbau.zip)
    with the help of google language tools I have translated them. I have tried to correct some gramatical errors which came while automatic translating. . I have also lowered the resolution of jpg files to keep the file size small.I hope this will be of help to many of those like me.

If I am wrong any where while translating please do bare with me and upload the rectified file here.

Manjeet

Quote Originally Posted by ulihuber
    Tommy,

look into the schematics. You need to put in either one hcpl-2231 or two 6N137 because the latter has only one channel. The 2231 is the better choice if it is available.

Uli
    In my collection of goodies here I have two 6N137's and 1 'HCPL-2631' - unsure how I ended up with these, probably from 1 of the many parts lists ...

I'm at the same point in my construction - the opto area is hard to figure out as it is set up for different options ... I have one schematic that shows three opto's 1, 2 and 3 - opto3 is 'on top' of the others so I suspect it is the 2231 ...

a few questions before I get down to soldering:

am i correct that my 2631 will go here (in the 'opto 3' space) ? spec sheets seem to confirm the same functionality, just want to make sure ...

what are the BYV270/20's ? are they required ?

the 100n caps on the power side have 'RM15' next to them - the parts list I ordered from just got the same very little 100n caps which cant make the distance that these two 'RM15' caps need to make - I got some larger 100n caps today which fit across fine.. is it as simple as that or are they magic caps from some obscure electronics store in Africa ?

Also, on another note - anyone else notice that in the two schematics two of the diodes are pointing in opposite directions to each other ? :cheers: I found the correct direction by squinting at some online pics of already made boards to find one of the schematics was wrong in both cases

Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder
    Also, on another note - anyone else notice that in the two schematics two of the diodes are pointing in opposite directions to each other ? :cheers: I found the correct direction by squinting at some online pics of already made boards to find one of the schematics was wrong in both cases
    What are the numbers of these diodes.
    I can't find them on the circuit with the date Ausgabe 24.10.05 15:56.

Nick,

as long as you use FETs with internal reverse diodes (like the IRF540N and IRFP260) you have no need fort the external diodes there.

The opto area isn't as hard to configure as it seems to be at a first view.
    The pinouts are overlapping, so there is only the choice to place opto 3 OR opto 1/2.
    If you are using the HCPL-2231 just do not insert R18 and R25 as this opto comes with internal schmitt-trigger and push-pull-drivers and is already TTL compatible.

I'll happily sell you those special 100nF caps. Of course they go for 10 USD each, as they are manufactured on the dark side of the moon. ;-))
    But to be honest, all ceramic blocking caps will do the job, the smaller ones are even better. RM by the way means 'Rastermaß' which translates to mechanical size or spacing.

Uli

But to be honest, all ceramic blocking caps will do the job, the smaller ones are even better.
    Uli
    Perhaps something for the wish list for the new PCB design ?
    A extra hole to place the small caps ?
    Or leave the RM15 holes out ?

hi

does anyone know of a cheap stepper motor driver that one can connect up to a laptop USB port just to experiment with

even if the kits is DIY assemble form

but something that can control several stepper motors ?? stepper motors i ripped out of a old bubble jet printer so there not huge things

i know theres a driver in the circuitry of the printer but its behond me to work it out

before i invest in a dear driver kit for one of my projects

any links would be appriciated

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by FPV_GTp
    hi

does anyone know of a cheap stepper motor driver that one can connect up to a laptop USB port just to experiment with

even if the kits is DIY assemble form

but something that can control several stepper motors ?? stepper motors i ripped out of a old bubble jet printer so there not huge things

i know theres a driver in the circuitry of the printer but its behond me to work it out

before i invest in a dear driver kit for one of my projects

any links would be appriciated

cheers
    have you tried looking in the other forums here ? there is plenty of info around to be found without cluttering up topic-specific threads such as this (nuts)

Nick,

I'll happily sell you those special 100nF caps. Of course they go for 10 USD each, as they are manufactured on the dark side of the moon. ;-))
    But to be honest, all ceramic blocking caps will do the job, the smaller ones are even better. RM by the way means 'Rastermaß' which translates to mechanical size or spacing.

Uli
    cheers for the info! all good ... Soldering tomorrow :cheers: btw, have you recieved any chili sauce packages from New Zealand yet ? Kaitaia Fire Kiwi Sauce to be exact ...

It powers our space program

Page 18 of 109 816171819202868