587,380 active members*
3,863 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 18 of 29 8161718192028

Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

WOW... did we get off topic here...

Back to the plugin..

So. I have done extensive testing of possibilities on my 2017 screen-set not starting up the M3.
    I have ruled out the 2017 profile file. I finally just made a copy of the default profile (that does work) and renamed it SPINDLE.pro. ( of course changing the screen-set line). The profile starts up just fine, but no M3. I had gone as far as rearranging the segments to match one by one. each time firing it up to see if is still worked to eliminate any possibilities.
    Now with having played so much with the profile, I am beginning to wonder if is just the 2017.ssf file, and not the plugin itself.
    I have deleted and re-installed the 2017 a few times. All to no avail.Dan, your plugin works great with the default.
    I guess I will just have to live with it in the default mode, and just forget the 2017 screen-set till an update is made.

Quote Originally Posted by messages4alex View Post

Back to the plugin..

So. I have done extensive testing of possibilities on my 2017 screen-set not starting up the M3.
    I have ruled out the 2017 profile file. I finally just made a copy of the default profile (that does work) and renamed it SPINDLE.pro. ( of course changing the screen-set line). The profile starts up just fine, but no M3. I had gone as far as rearranging the segments to match one by one. each time firing it up to see if is still worked to eliminate any possibilities.
    Now with having played so much with the profile, I am beginning to wonder if is just the 2017.ssf file, and not the plugin itself.
    I have deleted and re-installed the 2017 a few times. All to no avail.Dan, your plugin works great with the default.
    I guess I will just have to live with it in the default mode, and just forget the 2017 screen-set till an update is made.
    Hi Alex, Lets take a step back here. I use 2017 screen set with plugin with no troubles and no reason for you to settle. Are you saying when you input M3 in MDI in 2017 ss your spindle not responding?

Please post .pro not working. I seen/showed trouble in first. I can't help thinking your problem in being caused with your editing.

Dan

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the 2017 screenset. I've used the plugin myself, and I know a few others are using it as well with the 2017 screenset.
    And there's nothing in the .ssf file that has anything to do with UCCNC functionality. The .ssf file just specifies the location of buttons and fields, and the background images.

How are you creating a new profile? You need to do it from within UCCNC, preferably with the default profile running.
    Once you create the new profile, you need to copy the 2017 macros into your macro_profile folder.
    Then, you need to edit the screen name in your profile.
    And finally, in UCCNC, you configure the spindle and plugin, and save the settings.
    As Dan pointed out, the profile you posted was missing some spindle settings.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by messages4alex View Post

Back to the plugin..

Did you copy the macro files also?

Re: Critical Update!

Need help! I'm trying to get the Dan's HuanYang plugin to work with 2017 screenset.

My current configuration is Win 7 (latest updates), Intel D525DM MB with 4GB RAM and latest BIOS update, UC400ETH, UCCNC 1.2039, RS232 to RS485 converter on COM2, HY11 and latest version of 2017 Screenset.

Current symptoms are:

* SpindleTalker2 operates HY Spindle
    * UCCNC default screenset will operate HY spindle with HY11 or HY12 plugins
    * 2017 Screenset will not operate spindle with HY10, 11 or 12.

In addition, the UCCNC save settings pop up takes 40 seconds to clear. This may not be a related issue, but I mention incase it might be a useful clue.

Any help/hints will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by paulcc View Post
    Need help! I'm trying to get the Dan's HuanYang plugin to work with 2017 screenset.

My current configuration is Win 7 (latest updates), Intel D525DM MB with 4GB RAM and latest BIOS update, UC400ETH, UCCNC 1.2039, RS232 to RS485 converter on COM2, HY11 and latest version of 2017 Screenset.

Current symptoms are:

In addition, the UCCNC save settings pop up takes 40 seconds to clear. This may not be a related issue, but I mention incase it might be a useful clue.

For each profile used in UCCNC you need to go back to HYPLUGIN configure window and save the settings again for that profile.

Startup in 2017 screenset and go back to HYPLUGIN configure window and setup like you did for default. All settings saved for the HYplugin is saved in the .pro file being used.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by paulcc View Post

Current symptoms are:

Hi paulcc,

I use and tested 2017 screenset with all versions but what I forgot I did and failed to mention is causing this confusion. ops:

You need to change the RPM field number in screen edit in 2017 screen set to 2451.

Use HY12, and using 2017 screenset go to screen edit and click on the RPM field and change number to 2451 and you will be good to go.

Sorry,
    Dan

EDIT:

Actually I didn't fail to mention, check post #307 in this thread. I will add it to manual though.

Success! Thanks for contributing and supporting this extremely useful plugin; especially with no compensation. We all owe you Dan!

Now I can commence fine tuning the installation and tackling the god awful EMI from the Huan Yang

Hi Dan,
    I agree with Paul, you are awesome!
    The plugin works like a charm.
    A very happy HY12 user here.
    Regards, Jack.

Thank you for the kind words Jack and Paulcc, I written this plugin for myself and very happy to share it. I been visiting this site for many years and been helped countless times by members and it makes be happy to finally be able to give a little back.

Dan

Hi Dan, I wouldn't call that a little contribution, though!
    Kind regards, Jack.

How can I setup the "Sact Labelnumber" in HY12? In HY10, this setting did exist.

The field number on the screen needs to be 2451.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The field number on the screen needs to be 2451.
    Thank you for your quick reply ger21,

but there is no entity named "field number". Maybe, you mean "labelnumber"? If I change the labelnumber for Sact from 870 to 2451, the spindle does not start.
    What do I have to do to show the Sact field the current spindle rotation value?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HY12.jpg  

Without making any changes to the screen, you should be seeing the rpm in the "overridden" field that was added to UCCNC. That's why Dan changed the plugin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rpm.jpg  
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply ger21,

but there is no entity named "field number". Maybe, you mean "labelnumber"? If I change the labelnumber for Sact from 870 to 2451, the spindle does not start.
    What do I have to do to show the Sact field the current spindle rotation value?
    Hi Nema,

You can set your Sact field to 2451 just as Ger21 posted.

Reason your spindle isn't starting is you must have other plugins loading and VFD missing it's set frequency. If you click the plus button on spindle override or set a frequency the plugin will start working properly and you won't have to do this procedure again next time it loads. Even if you have other plugins loading.

This happens on first setups or when another plugin is newly enabled. You can have as many plugins enabled as you like, but when first enabling it you need to go through this procedure once with the HYplugin. Been really busy and haven't had a chance to debug the cause of this.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    If you click the plus button on spindle override or set a frequency the plugin will start working properly and you won't have to do this procedure again next time it loads. Even if you have other plugins loading.

This happens on first setups or when another plugin is newly enabled. You can have as many plugins enabled as you like, but when first enabling it you need to go through this procedure once with the HYplugin.
    Thank you, understood. Works fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Been really busy and haven't had a chance to debug the cause of this.
    So my hope is...

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    Thank you, understood. Works fine now.

So my hope is...

Thank you again.
    Hi Nema,

You are the second person to report this. The only reason I knew of a work around is I spent a lot of time with the first trying to get him up and running, it wasn't until he installed a serial monitor I was able to see a frequency wasn't set.
    Once he did the same as I suggested to you the plugin started working fine and he hasn't experienced this again, even after enabling and disabling other plugins. I haven't been able to reproduce this. It's really tough to debug a problem I cannot reproduce and very little details of those who have.

Thanks
    Dan

No problem Dan, I can live with this workaround. Your plugin is wonderful, it helps us UCCNC users a lot! :cheers:

A more serious problem ist that UCCNC (which I like very much) comes out with new releases every few weeks. So I always have to set it up again (axxis, spindle, general, IO, plugins etc.) while overwriting the config file with a fresh one is recommended by the setup procedure. Then, testing if plugins and stuff still work. If not, fallback to the previous working version via backup. I still will do this for a while, then I will stay with the current working state and leave it how it is. Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.

Page 18 of 29 8161718192028