588,429 active members*
5,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 191 of 587 91141181189190191192193201241291
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 11734

cam packages

Hey all:

Yeah, cam bam is a bit quirky in its usage sometimes. Maybe I should re-phrase. I think cam bam is probably the best value out there.

I am a machinist who has taken a few classes in Autocad, manual nc programming, cam1 (used ncworks, very basic), etc., all about 100 years ago

Couple years back I was looking for free stuff on the net to do simple machining of DXF's. I made do for a while engraving with ACE and Gsimple (gsimple isn't simple to use, but you CAN set it up to do a mean stick font).

When I found cam bam I could suddenly do much more. It was a bit cumbersome at times (lots of editing), but I could do pretty complex stuff for free. Now, with the post-processor I can do basic programs in minutes. I really like it.

I would love to hear of some more free stuff to try. Maybe some of it could do stuff I can't do now. For instance the free cam bam could be handy for producing dxf's from different fonts and how well it joins lines if nothing else.

Not having experience with high end cam packages, I'm confused as to the need for layers. The only time I've needed them is when I've changed a feature to do different machining on it (exploded it, etc.). Then I've needed to copy the feature to a new layer to change it and not effect the existing op on it.

Anyways, I've an idea to try to be constructive here.

How about everyone chime in with their favorite free program and their favorite pay cam package and its cost. It could help a lot of us decide what would be best for what we do.

Free - Cam Bam
    Pay - Cam Bam - $150 for the basic plus package

can anybody give me a picture of the way the 3d-t-rex is supposed to come together ...(wedge)

T-Rex Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by metal-madness View Post
    a picture of the way the 3d-t-rex is supposed to come together
    Click HERE for pictures of T-Rex assembly.

We'll be waiting for your picture.

I agree

Gravy,

:-) I had ACAD training about 100 years ago myself. I also wish I knew more about Cambam definetely the best value on the market. Matter of fact I htink I have the program on "Real Floppies" about 10 of them. hahaha

The programs I have been using for years for my stuff are as follows:

CAMBAM ---- Free version I LOVE CAMBAM.
    CamBam is capable of 3d stuff and I would love to figure out how to engrave in 3d. I tried the CamBam pocketing tutorial but I can't seem to make pocketing work yet. Thats my next learning project. Once I learn pocketing I'll probably buy the plus package.

INKSCAPE - Free for converting to DXF.
    Switcher made a fantastic inkscape tutorial on editing fonts that is great. I need to study it when time permits...LOL

KCAM- drives my home made CNC router.
    KCam - Has been wonderful for driving my CNC. The support has also been fantastic as well as the price for the liscensed version.

DeskEngrave - Everyone should have this program which does a nice job with arced text and of course for the font stick40.

Just curious does anyone have any other stick fonts, single pass fonts? A couple of my favorites are ISOCT and ISOCP when I don't want to cut an outline... While they still cut an outline the fonts is "skinny" enough to hide it".

Quote Originally Posted by gravy View Post
    Hey all:

Yeah, cam bam is a bit quirky in its usage sometimes. Maybe I should re-phrase. I think cam bam is probably the best value out there.

I am a machinist who has taken a few classes in Autocad, manual nc programming, cam1 (used ncworks, very basic), etc., all about 100 years ago

Couple years back I was looking for free stuff on the net to do simple machining of DXF's. I made do for a while engraving with ACE and Gsimple (gsimple isn't simple to use, but you CAN set it up to do a mean stick font).

When I found cam bam I could suddenly do much more. It was a bit cumbersome at times (lots of editing), but I could do pretty complex stuff for free. Now, with the post-processor I can do basic programs in minutes. I really like it.

I would love to hear of some more free stuff to try. Maybe some of it could do stuff I can't do now. For instance the free cam bam could be handy for producing dxf's from different fonts and how well it joins lines if nothing else.

Not having experience with high end cam packages, I'm confused as to the need for layers. The only time I've needed them is when I've changed a feature to do different machining on it (exploded it, etc.). Then I've needed to copy the feature to a new layer to change it and not effect the existing op on it.

Anyways, I've an idea to try to be constructive here.

How about everyone chime in with their favorite free program and their favorite pay cam package and its cost. It could help a lot of us decide what would be best for what we do.

Free - Cam Bam
    Pay - Cam Bam - $150 for the basic plus package

Arrow Border Frame

This DXF frame is from 20 units of the red boxed design. (group)
    It is a variation of a previous post.

Many different creations can be made by joining, rotating, or mirroring into repetitive assemblies.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Weldtutor View Post
    This DXF frame is from 20 units of the red boxed design. (group)
    It is a variation of a previous post.

Many different creations can be made by joining, rotating, or mirroring into repetitive assemblies.

Great job, on the scroll.

I use the same technique as you did in your last post.

For example Design121 is the same design as Design122, all I did was was mirror the image twice.

This can be done with almost any design that should look the same on both sides, & works great when you are converting an image to DXF, like this anchor started out as a coloring book page, I traced it inside Inkscape, then cut the trace down the middle (delete one side), tweaked the Nodes, then did a mirror of the side I cleaned up, joined the two sides into a single object. This will cut your design time in 1/2, because you only need to tweak 1/2 the image nodes.

Works great.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Arrow Mirror Images

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    I use the same technique as you did in your last post.
    Works great.
    Good description you have given to create symmetrical drawings.

Thanks for the comments.:cheers:

old gravy

Ya, learned Autocad 12, came on 12 or so 3 1/2" floppies . Forgotten more than I know, but I get by. If you can't get pocketing, get on the Cam Bam forum, very helpful. The plus has multiple island pocketing sos you just throw a rectangle around some features and pocket to get easy bas relief.

I love the fonts you suggested. Not stick fonts as you say, but kinda close. I'll be using them.

Some links (hopefully new) to get on-topic.

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

http://www.enkeboll.com/2DLA/start.htm

http://home.earthlink.net/~dxf.graphics/

Quote Originally Posted by mlind View Post
    Gravy,

:-) I had ACAD training about 100 years ago myself. I also wish I knew more about Cambam definetely the best value on the market. Matter of fact I htink I have the program on "Real Floppies" about 10 of them. hahaha

The programs I have been using for years for my stuff are as follows:

Unhappy

Hi,
    I am relatively new to this and have not long since finished my machine but on the graphics side I am falling a bit short.
    I have taken a few of the DXF files kindly shared by you all and they have cut very nice in mach3 but my question is how do I (this is where terminology will get the better of me) cut in between the lines for example I can cut the outline as in the files but do not know how to fill and cut as per this image

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LTITy6PwK7...h/design62.JPG

I have Mach3 with Lazy cam and coreldraw x4 also when i save a dxf file iin corel even without making any changes lazycam takes ages to load and the the layers have an x instead of a tick and will not change?

is there a tutorial somewhere?

thank you in advance for your help and hope you understand what i mean
    Shaun

Ps. hope you dont mind me linking to your blog switcher

Hey Shaun,
    Along with all the great guys here --- YouTube can be your next best friend.
    There are thousands of tutorials there on just about any topic in CNC and graphic
    programs.

Give it a try... and welcome to our group.

Bill
    "Inventor"
    A "True" machinist loves it when they say: "That can't be Made"!!!

Hi,
    thank you for the reply, but I have been searching all day and because i have no idea what i am talking about or the terminology used I cant find what i am looking for? ie what to search for. The answer is probably on here but i cant find it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun111 View Post
    Hi,
    thank you for the reply, but I have been searching all day and because i have no idea what i am talking about or the terminology used I cant find what i am looking for? ie what to search for. The answer is probably on here but i cant find it.
    If I read your question right -- my guess would be to search for:
    "Pocketing" (Machines out everything line by line (dia. of tool) )
    "Profiling" (Machines out a section going around the outside line of the section)
    "Inventor"

You also might want to checkout an other great program:
    "SheetCam"
    The author is in the UK.
    "Inventor"

New DXF File ---> Design 268

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Here's a bit of scroll and oak leafs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails corner.png  

Quote Originally Posted by shaun111 View Post
    Hi,
    shaun111,
    Check out Vectric's programs. They make CAM for almost anything you may want to do about as easy as it gets.
    http://vectric.com
    You can download a free trial of any of them, and there are several video tutorials to get you started.

Cool

Can someone PLEASE make this 8"x47" .... 8"-tall x 47" -long .

Can you do that in autocad or cambam ?

I got it to 47" long but it is not 8" tall, hope it helps
    "Stupid machines - they do exactly what you tell them!"

Here is the file in size 8" x 47" I tried it in AutoCAD but the scale applies to all selected.
    It was too easy in VcarvePro with the check box to link X and Y unchecked.
    Regards,
    Wes

All I could get to was 47.089 by 5.9995
    "Inventor"

Page 191 of 587 91141181189190191192193201241291