587,747 active members*
3,132 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Does anyone have any experience with this eBay CNC?
Page 2 of 2 12

Hybrid View

I asked this guy a lot of questions which he answered...mostly half heartedly. When I asked if he gave plant tours...got no answer. I asked for info on the company...Vortex Automation which he claims his company bought out. He calls his company Tribal Marketing. There is no listing or info on either one of these companies anywhere. After asking some key questions, he started to clam up and actually told me I would probably be better off going with another manufacturer. He claims to be in New Hampshire but has no product to show. I could go on and on, but basically, I spent a week back and forth with this guy. He sounds like the middleman on an import/export deal if he's actually selling the machines at all. I didn't feel good about the guy. Too shady!

You can find a few threads about those machines here on the zone.

Another guy in Wisconsin, doing the same thing.

They import them from China, resell here in the USA.

Whats shady is, these guys are selling a machine that they don't already have (yes I've heard of drop shipping)! They post the Ebay ad, then when someone wins the bid, they place the order to China (forget that)! Then the buyer & seller gets to wait the 30 days, for the machine to arrive to the USA, I'm sure the seller has his fingers crossed.

Most I've heard is negaative. If you want to cut MDF & signs, buy an EZ-Router!

concidering it is a ghost company selling it ,that alone would throw up a red flag for me ,especially at 12g

i truely can t see how anyone can knock the machine itself witrhout seeing it ,
    , i'd be interested to see one of those systems ,
    if it's got linear slides and ball screws and is solid ,good deal !! what can go wrong
    who gives a rats A if the driver is crap or the motors under powered (if it is so), 1000 buck would buy gecko s and some power house motors ,then a guy is only into it for 13000 , not bad for a solid machine (if it is solid ??)

as far a chinese crap goes , many guys have bought lots thru kelinginc and are very happy with their products which are all from china ,personally i would never touch their stuff after calling about their drivers (jus like gecko jus like gecko )

if a seller is uniformed or uninforming about a product ,i say buy it elsewhere
    but you can t knock it without seeing it

You got a point! If you could get to the actual manufacturer, or a reliable importer, get some specs on the machine and get a true price, it may be worth it? The guy I was talking to gave me the name & number of some guy at a sign shop in Wyoming who is supposedly using one of these machines. He never answers his phone! He also sent me a 30 second video on one being tested. It's funny, if you listen close, you can hear somebody yelling in the background in what I assume is chinese? I don't speak chinese, I don't know if he's mad or what, but he's clearly not happy about something! If you want this info, email me at; [email protected] and I'll send it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by ImageMetal View Post
    you can hear somebody yelling in the background in what I assume is chinese? ; [email protected] and I'll send it to you!
    the guys who are earning 25 cents/ hr probably aren t working hard enough, gotta keep em in line

Maybe buy a plane ticket to china (to see the machine)?

Page 2 of 2 12