588,436 active members*
6,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Beware of build 769
Page 2 of 6 1234
    Aaahhhh,open pockets.Have tried,have tried.Not making actual chips,but does so far simulate in Bobs simulation and Preditor Editor ok.Tried about 6 different files.That is what the update is all about brother,for us 3 axis users.Of course fixing some known issues.Can report the p is now working.Still looking over 2D engrave.Does not appear to show the rapids,from the end of one cut to the beginning of another.The cutting tool path shows.More testing needed.Yeah,better wait.ughh

Still checking stuff,but yeah actual chips will tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chips View Post
    I will take your advice...I do use V25 for work...sad thing is I have 4 jobs that the open pocket feature would come in handy on that I will start Cad on in the AM...BUT I know a workaround on it...

SO i will wait this out...until someone puts this beotch into action on a mill and makes chips... maybe SBCycle?

I wonder if Beta testers were used this go around...ya know like you and Burr and others on this forum prior to the release?...just to make sure issues were resolved... ummm NO!!

well as i have said before..i really like V25...so i have my figures crossed....that the major bugs are worked out so i can feel confident in updating and putting this to work...
    I'm going to make chips with the new build today. Let's see, open 2D pocketing, closed 2D pocketing, thread milling, 2D engraving, 3D surfacing, and multiple Machine Setups. Should be a good workout! I'll let you know how it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27-View1.jpg   27-View2.jpg  

The Haas that is included is a 5 axis trunnion. The posting is now very dependent on the machine definition and the location of your machine setup in conjuction with the origin of the machine. We now have lots of controls to allow for the several different methods programmers/operators will use for setting up and programming their multiaxis parts. This in turn of course reflects down into 3 axis as well. So as long as a 3 axis machine is chosen, you won't need to think about the location of the part on the machine, which you absolutely have to do when it comes to the multiaxis realm.

I can't get the "Output User Comments" box to stay checked in Milling Tools - Part - Current Settings - Posting.

This was an issue in the recalled build also. I managed to get it to "stick" somehow before but this time it isn't budging.

BobCAD V25-Build 769 x64

Are you checking the box in Defaults\Current Settings or Part\Current Settings?

If you set in default..then it will not automatically update your current parts settings unless you pick a different machine in Part\Current Settings and then re-select your machine. This will change the default values only.

If you want to change the setting in the current part then you need to change it in Part\Current Settings....but your next file will use the defaults

Hope this helps

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Cole View Post
    Are you checking the box in Defaults\Current Settings or Part\Current Settings?

If you set in default..then it will not automatically update your current parts settings unless you pick a different machine in Part\Current Settings and then re-select your machine. This will change the default values only.

If you want to change the setting in the current part then you need to change it in Part\Current Settings....but your next file will use the defaults

Hope this helps

AC
    I can't say exactly what's happening. I've set "Output User Comments" box as checked in the Default - Current Settings (first when setting up my machine) AND Part - Current Settings but the Part - Current Settings "unchecks" itself each time.

I started a brand new file and it seems to honor the check box setting, unless I start goofing around and change the machine definition to BC_3x_Mill then back to my machine. Then it screws up again. Any thoughts?

Ok, this video shows what I'm seeing. This is in the Part - Current Settings dialog.

I switch from my machine definition (FADAL-3016) to BC_3x_Mill, then back so you can see that when the FADAL-3016 machine is selected "Output User Comments" is checked by default.

However, when I close the dialog and reopen it, the Checkbox isn't checked anymore.

In the last 10 seconds of the video, I check the box, then simply change tabs, flip back to the "Posting" tab and it has already unchecked itself again.

Happens every time.

2012-10-16_1151 - RTMachine's library

I think I just figured out what was going on.

In Milling Tools - Part - Current Settings there is a "Posting" tab that has a checkbox for User Comments, but there is also a "Comments" tab that has another checkbox for User Comments. The "Comments" checkbox is over-riding the "Posting" checkbox.

This is the same thing that got me last time. DOH!

That's kind of confusing but Ok as long as you realize there are two of them that need checked. Damn the little things that get me!

Also keep in mind that if you are in part\current settings it is best practice to close the dialog(data gets written) before you change to a different machine. If you change to a different machine (as you did in the video) without closing the dialog then you may loose your changes.

HTH

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Cole View Post
    Also keep in mind that if you are in part\current settings it is best practice to close the dialog(data gets written) before you change to a different machine. If you change to a different machine (as you did in the video) without closing the dialog then you may loose your changes.

HTH

AC
    Absolutely, good to point out and I always do. For demonstration purposes I was showing how the checkbox would clear itself simply by flipping tabs. It was "unchecking" even when closing the dialog with the "OK" button while still on that tab.

Again, false alarm - user error.

so how did this machine today????? is everything working correctly?
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

so did this machine right today?

I had a few stumbling blocks yesterday and basically was too distracted. I'm getting ready to make chips within the hour!

I can't get Machine Compensation - Comp Left/G41 to work in the 2D-CHAMFER feature. It's offseting to the wrong side.

I've even set a contour to try to force it but it's still on the wrong side of the profile.

The weird thing is that the simulation shows it on the proper side of the profile but the lead is still on the wrong side. I can't figure out what it's trying to do here.

V25 Pro - Build 769
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    I can't get Machine Compensation - Comp Left/G41 to work in the 2D-CHAMFER feature. It's offseting to the wrong side.

I've even set a contour to try to force it but it's still on the wrong side of the profile.

The weird thing is that the simulation shows it on the proper side of the profile but the lead is still on the wrong side. I can't figure out what it's trying to do here.

V25 Pro - Build 769
    Looks like you have the "broken chamfer" syndrome, I have been having some issues with it not working well when it is used as a "stand alone" feature, seems to work OK when the "chamfer" option is used within another feature, haven`t said anything before till I was sure it wasn`t just "my end"

Anyway, seems to work OK within your Pocket Feature, try the attached file

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wish I had read this before updating. Just bit the bullet and decided to update. Now as side note I found the user created shortcuts are not saving.. sigh.. How would that stop working??? I've always had Control +1 for top view and Alt +1 for ISO 1 view. Won't save as well as my other shortcuts. Looks like what I saw when I first installed V25 when it came out. It does NOT LIKE being put anywhere except C drive. I had installed BCC to D: Drive and the data folder to F: drive. Program ran fine, just wouldn't save ANY setting you made. So I'm installed all on C: Drive. Not sure if they fixed that in update. worked fine in V24. Our company does not install software to C:, that's for operating system only. D: is Programs, E: is files and data.

I am so stupid for not reading this post before installing the 769 build update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed This

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    Wish I had read this before updating. Just bit the bullet and decided to update. Now as side note I found the user created shortcuts are not saving.. sigh.. How would that stop working??? I've always had Control +1 for top view and Alt +1 for ISO 1 view. Won't save as well as my other shortcuts. Looks like what I saw when I first installed V25 when it came out. It does NOT LIKE being put anywhere except C drive. I had installed BCC to D: Drive and the data folder to F: drive. Program ran fine, just wouldn't save ANY setting you made. So I'm installed all on C: Drive. Not sure if they fixed that in update. worked fine in V24. Our company does not install software to C:, that's for operating system only. D: is Programs, E: is files and data.
    BobCAD Tech Support guy connected to my PC to look at this. Didn't expect that they would do that for this simple problem, but KUDOS to BobCAD support for being there! Really appreciated it. Anyway he found the problem. Was a problem with Windows Vista UAC (User Account Control). This may work for Windows 7 also I just cannot test it. I had to run BobCAD V25 as Administrator to have it save my user created shortcuts. And to stop asking for my permission every time I start BobCAD we turned off Windows UAC. I have since turned that back on as I don't want bad programs to be started without asking if needed, but that is up to your own thoughts. So now all my user created shortcuts are saving. I just have to give permission for BobCAD to run after I start it up. Not a big deal. I hope they address this in a future build as I never had to do this before, but for now here's the fix if you have same problem.

I'm running Windows Vista Business 64bit Edition with BobCAD V25, build 769.

Turned UAC off the 3rd week after I got Vista over 3 years ago.Very annoying.My personal preference.

guys I am having HUGE issues with solid boolean subtract.... this is UNREAL! 10 minutes from rolling back this mess and going back to old build..

:boxing::boxing::boxing::tired:

Page 2 of 6 1234