587,999 active members*
2,741 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > New Microsoft Vista Will Our "STUFF" work?
Page 2 of 2 12
    I had issues trying to use Vista. I'm not saying it can't be done just that I had problems with it. I would recomend the use of XP Pro.

I even went so far as to remove the Hard drive from the Vista system I had purchased. Replaced it with a new clean drive, formatted & installed XP Pro. Then I found I had issues with getting drivers to work with the integrated motherboard. that came in the Vista Computer.

So if you go the XP pro route I'd either buy it that way or build it from the ground up using XP compatible hardware.

Just my 2c.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

That's what I wondered. I guess I'll buy a latel model machine with XP and do a clean install and save a few a bucks as well..........but darn it, I won't have that new computer smell..

I ended up going with XP instead of Vista... So I can't help with anymore of the XP vs. Vista... since I am running XP. I heard from Artsoft (MACH3) that Vista could and should work, but XP is tried and proven and has all nec. patches taken care of for the most part so there are few glitches.

Page 2 of 2 12