588,043 active members*
4,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Acceleration

Page 2 of 2 12
    Sorry. I remembered afterwards about that post.

Re: Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Sacco already gave you the answer (at least for the 1100). Maybe someone with the 770 can follow the steps that BAMCNC showed in his video to get to the PP ini file.

Attachment 294650
    Is acceleration the same for all three axes? 3D performance will be limited by the slowest of the three axes, and the Z axis on many machines is slower, due to the added mass.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    I find it interesting that nobody has been able to provide an answer, and that even after I explained from first hand experience how as little as 5iss can make a huge difference that people don't understand that it can be important to know

I happily make parts all day long with my Tormach PCNC1100 and don't know or really care about 5 iss or acceleration. I purchased a system from Tormach to use and make precision parts and assemblies. I value the precision and reliability my Tormach system provides and I purchased the system for that reason. I didn't want to fight some machine kludge all day long to make something. This ruins the inspiration and creativity doing battle with such things. Also the support from Tormach is excellent "in 2 years I have talked to them maybe 10 minutes" meanwhile the machine makes parts all day long . What a tool system!
    IMHO Want to enjoy and make stuff! By a Tormach mill and control system, good quality end mills along with some good cad/cam software and get to work making stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I happily make parts all day long with my Tormach PCNC1100 and don't know or really care about 5 iss or acceleration. I purchased a system from Tormach to use and make precision parts and assemblies. I value the precision and reliability my Tormach system provides and I purchased the system for that reason. I didn't want to fight some machine kludge all day long to make something. This ruins the inspiration and creativity doing battle with such things. Also the support from Tormach is excellent "in 2 years I have talked to them maybe 10 minutes" meanwhile the machine makes parts all day long . What a tool system!
    IMHO Want to enjoy and make stuff! By a Tormach mill and control system, good quality end mills along with some good cad/cam software and get to work making stuff!
    THANK YOU MOUNTAINDEW. That is exactly what I was trying to get across on my post. I too run my PCNC 1100 ALL DAY LONG without issue.

If I was really worried about acceleration, I would have bought something else, but I can do ANYTHING on my PCNC those other machines will do, it just takes a little longer.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Is acceleration the same for all three axes?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    I can do ANNYTHING on my PCNC those other machines will do, it just takes a little longer.
    If you're doing 3D machining, it will not take "a little longer" - It will take one helluva LOT longer - like 10X, and likely much more. If the OP is actually building a product, rather than just passing time in his retirement, that can well be more than enough to completely eliminate any potential profit.

This has to be the only forum on here where asking a simple, and entirely reasonable, question is treated by some as heresy. Not everyone has the same needs and goals.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    If you're doing 3D machining, it will not take "a little longer" - It will take one helluva LOT longer - like 10X, and likely much more. If the OP is actually building a product, rather than just passing time in his retirement, that can well be more than enough to completely eliminate any potential profit.

This has to be the only forum on here where asking a simple, and entirely reasonable, question is treated by some as heresy. Not everyone has the same needs and goals.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    You're right Ray, a 3D part can take a lot longer. I bid parts at $75,00 pre hour and if I actually make $25.00 I'm happy. YEP, I'm retired so I have nothing "but" time. If I was really concerned about making money, I would have bought a Haas, or something better.

Now, I'm gonna do something constructive, like make some coffee. Then go to Costco.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

How about some practical examples? Tolerance set to .05mm .0019". 100ipm. Notice for this program doesn't take much longer with half the acceleration.

I just wanted to know it's acceleration rate... and yes I have looked at a HAAS. A new HAAS Mini Mill is about 45k, but only has a 6k spindle. A used one can be found from 19K to 35k depending on age and condition. For most of the work I do a Datron Cube might be better but getting a price is not easy. LOL. I contacted them about pricing.

Nobody was knocking Tormach. I just wanted to know their unpublished spec for acceleration. Go back and read my first post were I said I almost hated to ask. The almost zealot like response from guys like Seebold was why. I've been reading this board for years and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that I got some good solid feedback first. Thank you guys.

I also apologize that Ray and I went off on a tangent. We were not comparing to Tormach. I was curious about his acceleration claims and wanted to see if there was something I could do to improve the performance of my own heavy weight mill. It was really an unrelated sub topic.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Examples... of jobs where acceleration makes a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LBS SHAD.jpg   WEIRD BUG 2.jpg   H5 CLUB-O.jpg  
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Page 2 of 2 12