588,507 active members*
4,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Block Window

Page 2 of 2 12
    It takes a little practice, and depending on the part, sometimes if you have a radius on the corners, you need to create a point using intersection to put your Dynamic Xform on, or even draw parallel lines. Also sometimes when you set it, you need to rotate the part after that.

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    I have a hard time again to complete this task. What you see in the attached pic is my two vertical gantry pcs and a horizontal pc at the bottom.

I want to place the bottom horizontal pc at the top of my two gantry pcs but there is no way I can do this, I mean the pc goes all over the planes but never at the top.

To achieve this I use Transform / Translate 3D, and I click on 3 point at the source (the horizontal pc) and 3 point at the destination but my pc never goes where I want it.

Perhaps there is a better command to get it done?
    I think there was a step you missed when doing the Xform

On the lower toolbar is a 2D/3D button.
    if 2D, it will only Xform in 2 axis. If set on 3D, then it will do a 3D translation

Note....this button should be set on 2D if trimming entities in 3D space ( if they do not meet at a 3D solution )

hello guys,
    we are thinking about to begin a project about cnc machine, do you have a reliable supplier or trader to recommed to me ?
    i will attend the canton fair at the end of this month.hope to find something new there, by the way, how do you like this manufacturer from GUangzhou
    China professional manufacturer of laser machine and cnc router.

- - - Updated - - -

hello guys,
    we are thinking about to begin a project about cnc machine, do you have a reliable supplier or trader to recommed to me ?
    i will attend the canton fair at the end of this month.hope to find something new there, by the way, how do you like this manufacturer from GUangzhou
    www.hilasercnc.com

Got this 3/8" thick two pc solid pipe clamp but cant convert to a solid. When I try to make a surface on the round part, it makes a surface everywhere except where I want it (thats the green part you see on the picture.

Any idea why?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pipe Solid Clamp.JPG  
    Nicolas

Is there double lines, usually made by accident?, that can cause the software to not find the area to extrude into solid.
    Maybe from the other drawing overlapping possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    Got this 3/8" thick two pc solid pipe clamp but cant convert to a solid. When I try to make a surface on the round part, it makes a surface everywhere except where I want it (thats the green part you see on the picture.

Any idea why?
    You have too many lines on the screen

- to create a solid, you only need the outline geometry, ( on your drawing ) that is on the Z zero plane
    - you seem to have selected the entire geometry on all vertices ( edges ).

Go..... Solid, extrude, ( select the outline chain ) [ it must be a fully closed chain ), accept ( green button ), the arrow indicates the extruding direction ( L-click on that chain will reverse the arrow, if the wrong way ), Extrude dialog appears, set extrude distance to 0.375", & accept ( -HINT.. change colour to make wireframe different to solids, it stands out better )

- to create a surface ( many methods available )
    Go.... Surface draft, ( select the outline chain ), accept, ( set the extrude distance, set draft angle to zero ), accept ( extrude direction is perpendicular to the construction plane )

Use dark colours for wireframe, light pastel colours for surfaces & solids.....gives better print shading & the wireframe entities do stand out better over the light coloured solid entities )

I dont think I have too many lines but I will double check

To make a solid first I use Xform / Translate, then select my lines and then on the DeltaY I put my depth. Then I use the command "Create / Surface / Flat Boundary" for each surface.

I will try the solid extrude and surface draft now

Thank you
    Nicolas

those are not solids but surfaces they are different. for eaxample here is makiing a simple solid model.

Simple solid demo - YouTube
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Very nice example cadcam to create a solid

Thank you
    Nicolas

kolias, thank you sir.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Page 2 of 2 12