587,997 active members*
2,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Business name for servo drive company
Page 2 of 3 123
    The name of the company will have little to do with the number of web hits. The content of the web page and the meta data associated with it will determine how it is ranked.

The name should be easy to remember and there shouldn't be too many companies with similar names.

My company is Mark Kenny Products Company, LLC (my father used to have a company with that name). My name is Kenneth (Kenny) my twin brother is Mark. We make equipment for veterinary anesthesia. The only problem I've found with the name is that lots of people think my name is Mark Kenny. I get mail addressed to Mr. Kenny, or Dear Mark. Oh well.

Good luck with your company. Take it from me; naming will be the least of your problems.

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

Xerxes, good luck in your business!
    I'm wainting for one free or paid!
    SCANDIDRIVES

Daniel

T&T Motion Drives

Its simple, both owners are implied, easy to remember. The phrase "Motion Drives" brought up 140,000 hits on google. The phrase would also imply that you carry anything to do with motion drives including any other electronics that would be needed to go with them. To carry other electronics out side of this range would not be strange to anyone. And it is directly relaited to CNC right off.

I will come up with other names that will have a differnt type angle to them but this one came up as something simple that works.

Jess

It is sad that only one name can be chosen Now we have many good alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    It is sad that only one name can be chosen Now we have many good alternatives.
    Get ambitious! Start more companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Get ambitious! Start more companies.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY13 View Post
    T&T Motion Drives
    Nice name.
    But there is a T&T Supermarkets.
    http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/
    http://www.google.com/search?num=30&...6t&btnG=Search

Could this be a problem ?

And T&T can be confused with TNT mail service, sounds the same.
    TNT has 40.000.000 hits.
    http://www.google.com/search?num=30&...nt&btnG=Search

hi

i still think the key word is " CNC "

even though you guys will be doing other electronics projects

Yes www.cnczone.com has a large number of potential cliental there is always new people still not aware of this website.

And always new people get the bug for a hobby cnc conversion

While we on the topic of cnc are you guys interested in another electronics project , it involves stepper motors and input and output sensors and data logging , has great potential market place.

If interested just PM or email me and can discuss the idea , could be another line of you services and products

cheers

some ideas...I did not check if they are already names of companies...

FinDrives, Fini Drives, Infinity Drives
    FiniPower, PowerFin, FinEnergy
    Fluxeon, Finite Motion, Magnetic Solutions, PowerFlux
    FinCharge, Fin Motor Solutions, Electrofin, Fin Electric Solutions,

Quote Originally Posted by aspenelm View Post
    some ideas...I did not check if they are already names of companies...
    FinDrives, Fini Drives, Infinity Drives
    FiniPower, PowerFin, FinEnergy
    Fluxeon, Finite Motion, Magnetic Solutions, PowerFlux
    FinCharge, Fin Motor Solutions, Electrofin, Fin Electric Solutions,
    Going from how it sounds, i like the "Fin Motor Solutions"

Excellent names again! I thought one of them some time ago but if one of names mentioned gets chosen, the mentioner gets the credit.

Some more...This time with your names, thats hard...

Roti Drives, Roti Motor Wurks (or Werks,Works)
    Roti Motor Solutions (RMS)
    Miro,Tempo,Pyro,Pint,Termo

More...

Motik Drives,
    PyroMotik,Motek,Monki (funny),Rotik,Rotek (might be used),
    Inpro,Promotek,Protek

Help me, I can't stop...

Motioneer Drives (I like this for some reason),Motinek,Motopro,Mofi Drives,FiMoto Drives,FinMotion

This name will give you no hits on google

Partziflocha

What do you think ?

Its getting harder to choose...

Yeah, it caught my attention too... Sounds really good.

(talking about the name "fin motor solutions"...)

My 2 cents:

1) Avoid using 'CNC' anywhere in the company name. It is overused and becomes part of the alphabet-soup when someone tries to remember your name.

It is a big world out there and it's not all CNC. Why limit your product identification to CNC when most drive applications are not?

2) Google is important. Avoid using more than one word for your company name. Pick a single, unique name that returns near 100% relevant hits when searched. Gecko Drive returns 50+ billion hits while Geckodrive returns a few less but nearly all are relevant.:-) Most people stop looking past the third or fourth page of returns. Make sure you are not on page 5 (or page 5 million).

3) Pick an unusual but easy sounding name; something that sticks in your ear. My partial differential equations class instructor at Ohio State U was Mr. Helmut T Zwhalen. That was 35 years ago and I still remember the name while all others have been forgotten. Why? Because it stuck in my ear.

4) Research the name carefully for trademark infringement. This is really important if you ever wind up going big time. Even then it might not be enough.

We successfully defended a trademark infringement lodged against us by of all things, a T-shirt company whose company name has the word "gecko" in it. Their scam was to use a junkyard-dog lawyer to aggressively challange, then demand monetary settlement for the use of the word "gecko". We demurred of course but it cost us $50K for our lawyer's fees. Be careful.

I guess that was 4-cents, not the 2-cents promised.

How about SuomiMotion? :-)

Mariss

okay, this is the best I can do

"Finetik Drives"

IMHO you dont a bunch of hits from google to come up with your name. Google works by the amount of hits, the one with most hits is the ones that will be at the begining of the listings. So if you pick something that is going to bring 100,000 sites up then you are going to be at the bottom of the pile.

Pick something simple that the average person can remember easy & something different so when a search is done you want be over come by all the other sites. Of course this will be hard to do when trying to describe something about the biz in your name & have it something that every Tom,Dick & Harry is not using already & plus something that someone would really search for.

Now all this means alot if your hoping to pull biz from people that is searching on the net. Hard to do in such a hugh field. The best advertizing in the world is Word Of Mouth from people that has already used your product. This means getting it out there even if it cost you to do so. And paying a fee to be able to advertize on a Forum such as this one is a very good way of getting the word out. In the end the name of the biz really doesnt mean much, it is what you make of the name (reputation) that will make the diff. Because word of mouth will make or break you. A name that is diff enough so that when someone searches for your Name it will come up easy is all you need. To try and get it to come up on a search any other way is going to put you amoung so much that no one will ever notice you.

Pick a name that will work, then move on to the important stuff that really matter.

Jess

Page 2 of 3 123