588,434 active members*
5,460 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 7 1234
    so... We can help BobCAM...Let help them...give a feedback to the following question considering urself a marketing manager at BOBCAM..

WHAT MEASURE YOU WILL TAKE TO ENHANCE MARKETING with HAPPY CUSTOMERS?

They already have enhanced marketing skills. This is what they do best.
    From what I have read and the little I did do with my trial download, I think the biggest issue with BCC is customer complaints. I am certain that some of these complaints occur because someone isn't aware how to do a certain thing they need to. The software may very well be capable of doing this.
    In this case, a knowledgeable support person could likely answer in an email.

Other complaints is the software being a little buggy and patches don't come so quickly. BCC also suggest upgrading instead of making a patch. This rubs customers raw in an already irritated spot. This is especially true if they have to relearn how to do most things as is the case from V21 to V22 or so I hear. It really spanks that sore spot when the upgraded, higher learning curve software still has bugs.

This in a nut shell is 95% of all the complaints I have seen regarding unsatisfied users. Change these few things and you have a better product with far fewer open gripe cases.

BCC does have many loyal and happy customers too. Lets not for get those. This also tells me that the software is capable of doing what it is sold to do.

I personally chose to learn TurboCad pro for the 3D rendering capabilities and use SheetCam and MeshCam. All very capable software, but surely not without their own learning curves.
    Lee

First of all, I don't appreciate being called a used car salesman. But I am not going to contribute to your garbage. All I can say is that I am not "VP" sales but I do see that there is some room for improvement. Actually, I do care about our customers and the things that you would like improved but I am almost at a point of losing interest in you because I have to sit and read content that seems to be written by someone with either a very low IQ or a 3 year old kindergardner that didn't get his nap. I have work to do, don't you?? So if you want results then talk to me as I have offered so many times but don't expect me to sit and read line after line of emotional bashing. Just be on point with what it is you want or need assistance with. You'll find it more productive and rewarding in the end.

Another thing, we do not suggest you upgrade to get bug fixes. Where that came from I have no idea, maybe an isolated case but we strive to get bugs fixed and that is free. Usually we also include features that are new. The next time we do that maybe you could mention it with the same vigor and zeal LeeWay. There is a line between "being helpful" and being destructive. I have offered my services and have only received 2 messages, yet I still see people going off up here. I find that interesting. I too am an advocate of Free Speech but I use it wisely and constructively as I am a consumer as well, living in the same economy as the rest of you.

As I mentioned last week and even started a thread on it...We have a new update patch release coming out this week. New features and fixes. Maybe we could hold off on the bashing until you have had a run with it.

Thank you.
    Chris C.
    CNC Dude

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post

Another thing, we do not suggest you upgrade to get bug fixes. Where that came from I have no idea, maybe an isolated case but we strive to get bugs fixed and that is free. Usually we also include features that are new. The next time we do that maybe you could mention it with the same vigor and zeal LeeWay. There is a line between "being helpful" and being destructive. I have offered my services and have only received 2 messages, yet I still see people going off up here. I find that interesting. I too am an advocate of Free Speech but I use it wisely and constructively as I am a consumer as well, living in the same economy as the rest of you.

As I mentioned last week and even started a thread on it...We have a new update patch release coming out this week. New features and fixes. Maybe we could hold off on the bashing until you have had a run with it.

Thank you.
    Chris C.
    CNC Dude

It wasn't from personal experience, but I have read that more than once here from different customers. They call in to get an issue resolved and were talked into upgrading by a sales person. Not necessarily you, Chris.

As I mentioned, I don't use BCC. I was just trying to share my thoughts on what I have read here and to be helpful with some constructive criticism in a free speech kind of way. At least what I see from my vantage point. Truthfully, it wasn't that the software wasn't to my liking so much as the unresolved issues guys have had that kept me from pursuing a purchase from you. That was two or three years ago and some customers are still not happy.

I do see the thread where you mention having some patches. That is fantastic. I understand that you aren't in charge of the patches and software fixes in sales, but I am sure these things will help make your job easier when you can tell a new or long term customer that there are indeed patches and fixes.
    This is precisely what I was trying to point out earlier.
    Chris, this is a positive step for BCC. Thanks.
    Lee

I agree with Chris...I know many people here just kidding with BoBCAD...They even do not have that software nor they seen it in their computer...

I am leaving this thread...If someone has courage then he must talk with Chris....He invite many times for this to talk with him....Why people afraid to talk directly rather posting ***** here...

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    .If someone has courage then he must talk with Chris....He invite many times for this to talk with him....Why people afraid to talk directly rather posting ***** here...
    I don't see any reason to talk to Bobcad at this time. What can any say about software that does not work as advertised. The last any only time I talked to Chris he blew so much smoke up my but. I felt like I need a rectal exam out of fear of cancer. the main point is that the software does not work at this time. untill it does Bobcad will only have me making statement like this untill it is fixed. Untill that time nothing Bobcad can say will change my mind.
    Just like a dunk untill you admit a promblem no-one can help you.

HMB3000... Chris is doctor too..

I request to Chris, Please talk gently...Don't say like " talk to me"...If you say it in this way "I request to all my honourable customer to please talk to me, my doors always open to you...If you have any problem i am always at ur doorstep to solve"...I think it would be better...

Chris you have to read "Beautiful Minds" by Edward de Bono...Its really a nice book..

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    Actually, I do care about our customers and the things that you would like improved but I am almost at a point of losing interest in you because I have to sit and read content that seems to be written by someone with either a very low IQ or a 3 year old kindergardner that didn't get his nap.
    Thank you.
    Chris C.
    CNC Dude
    What i say.... This is total ******. Dear Chris,You are selling ur software in throughout the world...You will be dealing with many peoples like me with low IQ and a kindergardner....If u need someone call u..who will pay the bill at the second end of the world(long distance call)....

I have no words to say....

Sorry about that....

I got a little fired up there. Khalid, you had some good content there and I appreciate that. I sit on top of BobCAD-CAM development and Technical Support and a number of other hats. Sometimes hard to switch fast. However, the product and you guys are the most important. The "used car salesman" hit went right to the heart. I know some folks are pissed. We're working to get everything solved by Wednesday so that you can see the difference in the work. I look back at version 21 and where that started. It started at Version 18 and boy was that a big change from version 17. It took a while to get everyone settled but it also had a big book that I wrote. I didn't do one for V22 and I should have. And I know it. I will make sure that we have one for the next big version. And we will certainly have an extended term of expanded testing. The product is the most important and then customer service is right behind that. We'll work harder and your input is valuable!

Chris
    CNC Dude

Chris...literally, You won my heart..this is what we all require...affection, care and love...Thanks and no need to sorry... I am sorry if i put some wrong words against you and the software...
    I am confident you will resolve all issues and there we will again see happy note and customers...
    Best of luck and Thanks

Now Now, none of that mushy stuff here, my safety glasses are getting fogged up.

cheers
    ----------------
    Can't Fix Stupid

We have BobCAD/CAM here ar work and I havent had time to get good with it. Are there courses? I know it has benefits, you got to take the good with the bad.

Mushy & Training

Nothing mushy going on round here. Just getting things right. We do offer training classes, online and in class. What version do you currently have? I have new Version 22 Orientation Course book we just finished. Really no one knows about it yet but I may be able to get you one if you have V22. Just let me know.

CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orientation Class.jpg  

We are using version 21.5.2. What i am more interested in is the 3d features. Right now I am making my toolpaths in autocad and exporting code out of lazycam. That is some very basic software, but it gets the job done. Just anything that needs 3d ramps i am manually adgusting to text file. Very tedious.

From my recall, LazyCAM is pretty cool. Isn't that a MachIII product? 3D ramps are not available in the V21. This is something we have spent a lot of time talking about. We'll get you there but you will need to bear with us for the moment.

Yeah, mach 3 is our controller. Like I said it works well for 2dimensional cutting but the ramp feature would be nice.

Bashing ??????????

[quote=tobyaxis;469648]The threads were originally deleted but then placed in a different area by CNC Zones Staff. Remember this is a Help Forum not a bashing Forum. The owner wants to keep CNC Zone both Helpful and Informative.

When someone submits a negative post is it a bash or valuable information for other readers?

Fact is - V22 is a minefield. If you just venture around the perimeter without going in too deep you’ll probably be OK. The further you venture into the minefield the higher your probability of being blown up.

It’s helpful to know where other guys have been blown up to avoid those mines.

You’re also neglecting any consideration for the rookies who are comparison shopping for software. Shouldn’t they know that there are a number of unresolved issues with a particular package?

Shouldn’t they know that a particular vendor charges a 10% restocking fee when the software won’t do what the salesman said it would?

Shouldn’t we all know that people who purchased the support package are told over the phone that crashing is normal?

I’m going to start bashing now.

Over the past year there have been 70-100 pleas for help by frustrated customers. I don’t recall any responses from CNCdude or his colleagues to help these people. Most responses were from other users.

Now that Bob is getting a black eye the size of Texas he has stepped in within the last week to turn around their image by systematically removing all negative posts and threads. This was followed by a promise of a new patch that will resolve all or most of the existing issues – I can’t wait.

He also said that his team is focused on comments made here on the Zone – we’ll see what happens with that.

Clock,

Nice bash.

Cool OneCNC

We have OneCNC and am happy to say there have been no crashes. We learned the software in a few hours and wished we would of not wasted time, tooling, blood pressure and frustration on "another CAM Package".

Hope this post stays up as everyone has the right to see comments "good and bad" regarding software. I have noticed that some moderators (I.E. CNC Dude in bed with BobCAD) have deleted positive comments for other CAM Systems.

No matter how many posts you edit or delete, good software will always work better (not perfect) than not so good software.

Cool Just the facts

Mike,

Hello and thank you for responding to my post, just as a point of interest (Not a sales pitch, not an argument, just the facts). Because this forum gets twitchy when mentioning pricing, I will not mention any price details. Having said this, just research this. Look at the pricing on the internet for BobCAD V22 Standard and Professional, then contact OneCNC for a quote for the equivalent. You will find that in both cases OneCNC is less expensive.

In regards to to "Being in Bed with" what I was saying is that it is clear that CNC Dude is associated with BobCAD. What is ashame (not just my opinion but many posts in this forum will confirm) is that to many moderators are editing posts based upon their ties / association with certain CAM products. Positive and negative comments are being deleted in the attempts to push people in certain directions.

This forum should be used as a means to acquire the truth about products. Not used as a sales tool to sway people towards one package or another.

Probably like yourself, I have used several CAM systems over the past 20 years and they all have their good points and bad points. There is no perfect CAM system and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar. (Sorry MasterCAM Guys)

Page 2 of 7 1234