587,466 active members*
3,023 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > Custom 6 head CNC router "Help Needed"
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Custom 6 head CNC router "Help Needed"

Thanks for your reply Andrew, unfortunately both were already unchecked? So that's not the cause, could it be a motor tuning issue? Although as stated it jogs very smooth, should also state that when returned to Zero it jogs smoothly, cheers Paul.

It's hard for me to say what might be going on, but this sounds like a good query for the DeskProto forum. The company monitors it pretty closely, and you can usually get an answer from Lex, the owner, pretty quickly. Here's a link: DeskProto Forum: communicate with other users
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Thanks Andrew, I have sent a message to Lex, see if he has any ideas?

Just wondering if anybody has some other suggestions for different Cam software, Deskproto does some of what I am after, and it has got me running out some initial samples, but there are a few things I am looking for that Deskproto doesn't do, I would love to be able to have the cutter helix it's way along the job, doing 360 then moving sideways with a saw blade isn't ideal, I have overcome it somewhat by angling the blade in slightly. Also Deskproto automatically puts a round tab front and back so it won't allow me to cut the exact shape at the start or cut the lure off after completion, it also doesn't return to zero at the end of the cut, but I would imagine you could write that into the G code? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers Paul

Paul.

Contact Lex at Deskproto and ask for the modifications you would like, most likely he can provide the functions required.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake & Bake View Post
    Just wondering if anybody has some other suggestions for different Cam software, Deskproto does some of what I am after, and it has got me running out some initial samples, but there are a few things I am looking for that Deskproto doesn't do, I would love to be able to have the cutter helix it's way along the job, doing 360 then moving sideways with a saw blade isn't ideal, I have overcome it somewhat by angling the blade in slightly.

[I missed the part about doing this with a saw blade. Most CAM programs are intended for use with end mills; the saw blade's configuration makes it a special case - moving sideways is not advisable. Is there some reason you need to do it that way? If so, I'd look at software designed for roughing out stone carvings, which is done with diamond saw blades. But these don't cut in a spiral; they lift out of the cut so as to make parallel straight cuts. I don't think it's a good idea to angle the blade like that either - saw blades are made to cut straight, with equal pressure on both sides.]

Also Deskproto automatically puts a round tab front and back so it won't allow me to cut the exact shape at the start or cut the lure off after completion, it also doesn't return to zero at the end of the cut, but I would imagine you could write that into the G code? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers Paul
    [Yes, you can certainly edit the code to lift up and return to zero - if you're always doing that, you can put it in the post-processor. I'm not sure what you mean by a "round tab" - what exactly does it do? If you can't make Deskproto work for you, you could try VisualMill Expert, but it costs more.]
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Andrew did you receive my PM? Cheers Paul

Page 2 of 2 12