588,240 active members*
4,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Looking to buy a Tormach on the west coast
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Looking to buy a Tormach on the west coast

Personally i'm not a buyer yet. In the process of making space available and not sure if I can squeeze in an 1100 at all. But yeah, I guess the fact that they sold quickly indicates selling price is very close to ad price. There's one in Houston (craigslist), it was $18k on a $21k invoice -- another absurdity I thought. But that ad was just deleted. The ad was maybe 2 months old I think. The tormach was sep 2014 IIRC so newish.

No way I'm paying those prices used so I guess I'm a new buyer if I pull the trigger.

Re: Looking to buy a Tormach on the west coast

Quote Originally Posted by TiO2 View Post
    both ads deleted, I assume sold. If someone here bought the <1 yr old one, or is the seller, would love to know how much you paid.
    I bought a used series II about 4-5 years ago. The machine was a year old; I paid 11K for an 18K package with a bunch of cutters and 200lbs of 7075 thrown in. Rigging / moving costs were about $750. But caveat emptor: this machine had had about a pint of oil run through it in that year and the X ball screw was toast. If you find a seller, have them do a backlash report on the machine .. very important.

Quote Originally Posted by TiO2 View Post
    Personally i'm not a buyer yet. In the process of making space available and not sure if I can squeeze in an 1100 at all. But yeah, I guess the fact that they sold quickly indicates selling price is very close to ad price. There's one in Houston (craigslist), it was $18k on a $21k invoice -- another absurdity I thought. But that ad was just deleted. The ad was maybe 2 months old I think. The tormach was sep 2014 IIRC so newish.

No way I'm paying those prices used so I guess I'm a new buyer if I pull the trigger.
    I agree. For a $3,000.00, buy new. You won't regret it.

The help you'll get here and the tech support you get from Tormach are amazing.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Page 2 of 2 12