587,096 active members*
6,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > How to setup individual work pieces for multiple parts
Page 2 of 2 12
    Thank you so much for doing this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    Give this a whirl. Crudely done, I know, but it should get you what you are looking for. I plan on ramping up the production value in the future but I want to start small and work my way up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpE4Jt2HGc

Re: How to setup individual work pieces for multiple parts

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or what but Dave over on SprutCAMUK uploaded this similar tutorial for multiple parts and work pieces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5qL0K34YaM

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    I will shoot a video today at some point and upload it to my new youtube channel I'm starting.
    Phillyb24 you have my attention.
    Please post your channel info when live.
    I hope SC America takes notice.
    Looking forward and much appreciated.
    -uman

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    I have been doing waterline roughing pocketing on the ends of tubes and on single/individual bases it has been going well. I am now trying to do multiple parts at once and am running into trouble.
    When I was doing one tube at a time, I could define a primitive work piece as a tube and the pocketing approach worked.
    Now that I am doing multiple parts, I cannot find how to do multiple work pieces as tubes. I either get all the parts grouped together as one part or start off with one part then try to copy it but the work piece does not copy.
    I can do cylinders by extruding off of a face but when I do this and use waterline roughing (pocketing) SC thinks that the parts are solid and wants to waste a lot of motions carving out the inside of the parts (which are tubes) and all I need is a narrow pocket.
    Does anyone have any tips on working with defining multiple cylindrical work pieces or possibly a work-around?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Nathan
    I machine compound taper carburetor bores with the finish waterline op, it just makes several multi height passes.I machine 3 of these in succession on one fixture. Roughing waterline will machine fron the center, but the centers are hollow so I just use finish waterline, works great. If I need two passes, I set up two ops and adjust the cutter size or use the stock option to adjust the width of cut and use the same cutter for both.

If the bores needed to be different depths or diameters I would just select the proper curves for the particular part using a different op for each, but use a multi part model so that the appropriate curves could be selected.

It would be nice if you could post the model or something similar, it would be much easier to see what you need........
    mike sr

Page 2 of 2 12