587,375 active members*
3,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Advice from Fadal owners, for a (hopefully) new Fadal owner
Page 2 of 2 12

Same Model

Unfortunately KD Machine who was selling it to me (I committed to it on Thurs) called as I went to go down and pay for it and said another salesman had sold it a few days before. I thought it was a bargain at $13900 with a 4th VH5C. I even talked to the former owners at Turk Manuf. in OR. I'm looking again if they can't make good on the promise to make it right. It's still listed on their site. Yours isn't the SAME Machine I hope, just the same model LOL.

RDTS, narbo is right, also, go over to the Practical Machinist board, Narbo had some rather extensive threads going on the Bellevilles and all that good stuff. CNC forum, just search for Fadal.

KD Capital did the same thing to me about a year ago. Good looking machine, great price, salesman was sitting on his ass, and then all of a sudden it was gone, but still on their website.

There are a bunch of other machine dealers out there. My own personal first Fadal (4020, extended Z, TSC) came off of E-bay, reliable something or other in michigan, (not THE e-bay famous reliable). Had it listed for 39.9k in his store, got it on a no reserve auction for 12.9. The one that just showed up on my doorstep a month ago came from Premier in FL. I never thought I would ever buy from them, they always seemed really high, but their "pre-removal" prices are pretty good, 24k, 4020, 4th axis, extended Z, and they warranty the basics to work when you get it, spindle, axis drives, controller.

From years of looking for machines, I get quite a few e-mails from different companies all over the country with new stuff they have in stock. Also, were I used to work, we got a used Fadal through our Mazak dealer, so you may want to get word of what you are looking for to your local New machine dealers. They know who has what and can spread the word for you.

Just to reassure you, I don't think you can go wrong with a Fadal, readily available with a 4th, cheap parts, reasonably reliable, and really easy to work on. Not the fastest, and not the best, but dollar for dollar, I don't think you can lose. I wouldn't have 2 of them if I didn't feel that way.

VH65 or VH165

Maybe you guys can answer this for me? First, what year did Fadal go with AC Servos? Second, if I have a VH65(DC) Table, wiring and card out of a 1998 machine can I use it on a AC Machine like a 2006? Somewhere I was told Fadal changed in 1996 to AC servos, plus on the VH65 it meant DC and if it was marked VH165 it meant AC. Also if I have a Fadal Transformer 814-T will it work on a VMC3016 to change to single phase?

Thanks Ralph

The '97 they had where I used to work was AC XYZ and the 4th was DC. I'm pretty sure that was from the factory. Try CNCpros, they should be able to tell you what you need, they are pretty friendly folks.

Page 2 of 2 12