587,890 active members*
2,853 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Which do you feel is the best name for a new cnc repair business

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Industrial machine repairs

16 20.51%
  • Advanced Industrial maintenance

20 25.64%
  • Industrial Automation Maintenance

42 53.85%
Page 2 of 2 12
    Trubl,

Sure you can send it my way. I'll send my email in a pm to you.

BTW MechTech, IS a lot better than the other names you had. Although AIM is nice too when it's shortened. I once thought of a company name that shortened to AIM (I think I used Advanced Internet Mechanics). In the Marvel comics there is a global conglomerate called AIM which (I think) stood for Advanced Idea Mechanics anyways just some silly trivia for ya.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by trubleshtr
    ...I've started 'word of mouth' through our vendors at work that I am available 'after hours', weekends and such,..If things take off, I'll consider quiting my day job...
    This could be a high risk procedure depending on what you do and how your employer feels about it when they find out; which depend on it they will. You could be placing yourself in a conflict of interest position particularly if you build your initial clientelle, while you are still employed, from people you meet through your existing job. It might be a good idea to talk to a lawyer who specializes in employment law.

trubleshtr,
    Post your business card so we can all have a look-see. Good free promotion.

trubleshtr,

Have you seen this site for business cards. The metal ones are really attractive and unique. Also very suitable for the line of business you intend. IMHO they look well worth the expense. No pics/logo's on them but we cant have everything!
    http://www.professorprint.com/metal_business_cards.html

Slick business cards, thanks for the link.

Geof,
    I hear what your saying, Our GM actually brought up the fact in an employee meeting once, and he felt it was ok, as long as you remember who the first and most important customer is....
    menomana

Re: New business name

Compare the three names, Industrial Automation Maintenance seems much better. Because cnc is mostly automatic, so cnc repair business should have the name include the automation.
    ISweek(http://www.isweek.com/)- Industry sourcing & Wholesale industrial products

Page 2 of 2 12