588,268 active members*
12,180 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > New VF-3YT arriving in 2 weeks
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic6 View Post
    Hey Toby, what's that manifold on the back wall of your machine?
    Not my machine. IBM bought it. The manifold is for a vacuum assembly. The rest is proprietary.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

To have your software updated from 15 to 16 series software does only take 15 minutes if you have enough Flash memory on your processor. The 16 series software requires 16 meg of Flash and some machines with 15 series dont have enough memory (8megs) so it really depends on when Haas switched to the larger processor memory.

2007 TM-2 had to upgrade main board to get more memory. version 16.04 software and i don't like it as well for probing.

t.lewis

What is your issue about probing?? Maqybe we can help you to settle it...
    Cheers!

Any word on delivery yet??
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Upgraded software from version 15.? and it was simple to run. with the new version 16.4 you have to create a program , exit VQC into MDI then run program. then if you want to set tool length you have to create new or insert into existing program. then your left with programs on the machine that you have to delete or let build up. in the old software you picked your probeing cycle entered your values and off you went from the VQC screen. It's new and I use to the old way. It may just take time. We upgraded software so we were running the same on our TL-2 (2009)and TM-2(2007) Wish they would come out with a book on new softwear this big.

Page 2 of 2 12