588,024 active members*
4,616 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD CAM Screen Layout
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: BobCAD CAM Screen Layout

Well, well, well, boys guess what I just found in v28? In Simulation when I hit the Orb on the left of the new menu bar, up pops the propertys page and down on the right side there are beautifuf shades of teal blue wisps playfully caressing the page. They are surrounded by baby blue pastels of feathery character, leading to the feeling of joy and well being. OK Bob! Who the f put that there.... and why?

At least isn't a Rainbow

I've been working with a 4k monitor now since January. I've posted what it looks like, but it looks way better than that. You can probably click on it and download the original screen grab to get a better sense for just how much room there is to work. That would be 3840 pixels wide x 2160 pixels tall. Windows is not very good with 4k yet (hopeful with 10, but not that hopeful), but Bobcad is one of the few programs that actually works half decent at that resolution. I plan to submit a feature request for a 4k mode so that the fonts, etc. can be more finely tuned, but I can live with it the way it is as well if I have to. Some programs are almost unusable in 4k, but Bobcad is passable.

BobcadScreenGrab by Michael Moe, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Burr,wtf is up with that tutorial crud,besides crashing BoB ?????
    Is it for the special premium users with a unlock code ??

I replicated the problem with support.Their computer does the same,,,,They are going to look into it.

Speaking of customizing the screen, I recently decided to finally customize mine and got it all the way I wanted but next time I opened BCC most, but not all, went back to the way it was before. Any special way to make it stick?

Do the same thing but now within the default tab. Close and relaunch.

I found out after wasting a couple hours updating my entire tool library, that bobcad will only save changes if you make changes in the default part file that opens when you first launch bobcad.

Open bobcad, and just let it open the default new file. Make any changes you want, then save the file, and close bobcad. This is the safest way I have found to make changes stick.

One last small thing Al; under the Surfaces menu dropdown/ Rectangular Plane, Circular Plane.....My Grand Son told me there is no such thing as a rectangular or circular plane, and I think he's right. You gotta fix this Al, I dont wanna look dumb in front of the kids.

Google will set him straight

Wow JRMACH I took your suggestion and did Google, and this is what I found: Properties of a plane: Two distinct planes are either parallel or intersect in a line. [ invalidates the notion of a rectangular plane] Property #2 A line is either parallel to a plane intersects it at a single plane or is contained in it. [ invalidated by the second sub property]. Discription of a plane: A plane may be discribed parametrically as a set of ALL points in the form r=r0 +s[B]v+tw[B] where s ant range over ALL real numbers and v and w are linearly independent [ all invaladates the notion of rectangular plane]

Furthur within the context of Bob when you describe a ucs plane and view that plane purpendicular to normal you see no line. When you create the mis named rectangular plane and view from the edge you do see a line just as you do for a surface.

As such I must respectifully disagree. But I dont want to get into a pissing contest as the workaround is too easy and that isnt what the site is all about.

Remember there are TWO words involved with each.A plane has no volume,no line,and goes on infinite forever.It also has no mass,no atoms,no color,no smell,etc.
    Think of the word Rectangle and its purpose is to put a Boundary so to speak around the plane.
    If we did not contained that plane,can you imagine the math behind the creation of your CAD model?
    So in this case BoB is using 2 words with very different meanings,it makes perfectly good sense in this respect as applied to CAD.

When you create the mis named rectangular plane and view from the edge you do see a line just as you do for a surface.

That line is the boundary of the plane.We are just describing how much of that plane we are using.
    I can't think of a more simple name to call this,as used in CAD.

Yeah true planes go on forever and surfaces have limits. Surfaces are entitys, but are planes entitys? Hmmm. Hey Al what do you think. I apologize for taking this thread to Pluto.

I think the little guy was referencing
    A flying machine....

A plane in cartesian coordinate system is a definition and not an entity. A NURBS plane is an entity. They can be any shape (though planar by definition). Bobcad offers 2 plane primitives and a planar command for others.

I tried to paint the rear plane of the shop a light gray but as you might imagine it didnt work too well. Went back to the paint store and the clerk told me I needed to skuff the surface a little, I replied that I didnt have a surface, all I had was a rectangular plain. He countered that all I needed was plain ole primer

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    I tried to paint the rear plane of the shop a light gray but as you might imagine it didnt work too well. Went back to the paint store and the clerk told me I needed to skuff the surface a little, I replied that I didnt have a surface, all I had was a rectangular plain. He countered that all I needed was plain ole primer
    Be sure to give the paint reseller the rectangular plane dimensions of the back of the shop. Then discuss with him the surface you have and the resulting surface you want. Then While painting, be sure to create a well formed boundary! Or you will have an ugly mess of paint. Although since you have an existing surface, you wont have to discuss the USC on which you will paint, with the paint guy...

Page 2 of 2 12