588,224 active members*
4,263 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > drilling canned cycles on a lathe for G-code system A
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: drilling canned cycles on a lathe for G-code system A

If you don't like my books, just don't purchase. As simple as that!!

I wish this was Reddit so I could add upvotes and downvotes to some of the comments in this thread.

Incidentally, there is an easy way to get ebooks free for a limited time. Just return it within 7 days of purchase for 100% refund. Mention any reason. You will not be questioned. But do not use this technique too often; otherwise Amazon would shut down this facility on your account. It is actually meant for accidental purchases.
    Most sellers believe that a generous return policy actually increases net sales.

you can't get it for free that way because its using a proprietary flash-based reader through the browser to access the file. anyway, there's no way to get the actual file or download it.
    so if you return it you no longer have access to it.
    if it was a pdf, sure that would work. but because you are using that stupid ebook format it won't work.

That is correct. Once returned, one cannot have access to it. One can only enjoy 7-day no-cost access, if purchased and then returned within 7 days.

I am still trying to find out the details. Amazon says, "Once you have downloaded the MOBI file to your Kindle device you will be able to read it without connecting to the internet".
    Then how is amazon preventing access to returned books?
    Anyway, most people do not return ebooks unless it is too bad. These are generally so cheap.

If any of the forum members wants a free pdf of my books, he may pm me.(Except the macro book over which I have no right)

perhaps on a kindle it is possible but using a PC and browser there is no mobi file. you can only access it via a browser using their flash interface

So let me make certain I understand this thread...

sinha_nsit has picked the minds of the community for some very detailed information, and then offered to sell it for profit, and the only comment made to the community is "if you don't like it, then don't buy it."

And then, sinha_nsit has the nerve to post "here is how you can cheat Amazon out of a purchase, but says "don't do it too often, or they might cancel this service."

Am I the only one who really feels that this is the worst kind of person?

This is the reason why I am hesitant to share my knowledge and experience on here... I'll gladly give concepts and examples, but I really am not comfortable giving out my code or my subroutines when it is obvious there are people here who will take it and use it for personal gain. Helping someone to grow, or helping them out of a tight spot is fine with me, it is the reason why I have been a member of this site for so many years. There are a few people over the years who have been total dick wagons, but 99% of the people here are mutually supportive. But sinha_nsit, your lack of morals and scruples is shameful. And sadly, the fact that you are in no way embarrassed about blindly telling people how to lie, cheat, and steal, means that you do not have a moral foundation that would let you admit that you are only here to take advantage of people who are friendly, supportive, and helpful. Do not - ever - ask for me to help you with a question or a problem. Go find someone else to leech off of.

If you feel that I have just collected information from this forum and gave it the shape of a book, you have either not read the complete thread or not read my book.
    And only kids would consider a few cents a personal gain.

If a person opens his own shop for business purpose, with the help and guidance offered here, it is not considered bad. But, if he writes a book, he is being questioned, even though he is willing to give everything free to forum members. Except book writing, everything is acceptable.
    I could not understand the logic.

Returning an ebook or any other item purchased from amazon for 100% refund, for whatever reason, is not cheating. It is a priviledge amazon gives to its customers. People feel confident while purchasing when they know that they can return the item if they do not like it. This results in increased net sales even with returns. This is a marketing strategy, and every established seller does this. Amazon's return policy can be seen here:
    Amazon.com Help: Kindle E-Reader, Fire Tablet and Amazon Fire TV Return Policies
    I was only informing that it is possible to return ebooks also which is in no way a cheating. In fact, ebooks are generally so cheap that there are very few returns. I believe, amazon has so far no major issues with this provision; otherwise they would have changed their return policy. What they have not mentioned on their website is, they very closely monitor the returns. Too many returns (of any item), and this facility is gone from your account. This they consider cheating. And this I cautioned about.

With 251 posts in 10 years, I do not think you are as helpful as people like Fordav11 on this forum who is a gold member. You obviously like to keep your knowledge with you. Just because some people might use the information for their personal gain, you should not deprive the needy of your expert guidance.

With the explanation I gave, I believe you would agree to help me also for my next books.

I dont understand why the guy running this site allows him to do this. On the "other" site ive had posts removed almost instantly because the question was deemed not worthy of the site.

... because the site owner does not quite agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post

With 251 posts in 10 years, I do not think you are as helpful as people like Fordav11 on this forum who is a gold member... You should not deprive the needy of your expert guidance.

With the explanation I gave, I believe you would agree to help me also for my next books.
    yeah. you're right. he's not very helpful at all. and now that you pointed out that he is not a helpful as other people on here, made some sarcastic remarks, and called yourself "needy" I'm sure he, like the rest of us, will immediately agree to help you for your NEXT books. Here's some help: Why stop with CNC? you could download hundreds of college textbooks from Amazon, OCR them, and republish them under your name, and sell them as your own original works. You could pretend to be an expert in literally every field imaginable without actually knowing anything about what you are "writing", and make a nice sum of money in the process while justifying it as payment for the labor of taking someone elses experience and knowledge and selling it without their consent or recognition or permission. But I guess my comments won't be important to you either, because I have even less posts than ghyman. So I guess since I don't have nearly enough information for you to plagiarize, I am even more useless to you than others. Used car salesmen may be bad, but holy cow, at least the buyer knows they are buying someone elses old clunker. There is no expectation of quality and expertise. When I buy a book on any subject, I expect it to be written by someone with the authority and experience to back up every word. I expect more than a collection of copy pasta from the internet. Charging people for that kind of thing is lower than low. And every time sinha replies with his self-entitled attitude and feeble attempts at justifying himself, he just makes certain this thread is on top, where more people can see how he gains the experience and expertise... by repeatedly asking for information he does not need or have a use for until someone falls for it, and then turning around and selling it. If I get help from someone, I like to thank them personally. That makes for a strong community. And maybe someday I will want to help someone when I have developed my own knowledge and experience. But I won't help someone like you.

Writing a book is not so easy my dear friend. If you do not believe me, give it a try. Just send your proposal to some good publisher such as McGraw -Hill and see their reaction. You will have more respect for me thereafter.
    Meanwhile you may like to read the reviews, one of which is as latest as on 15 February 2015, of this book:
    CNC Programming using Fanuc Custom Macro B: S.K Sinha: 9780071713320: Amazon.com: Books
    While you might be correct, what others think, should not be totally ignored.

It is good that you are trying to learn and are willing to help others (except me). If you are serious about macro programming also, you will have to read either Peter Smid or SK Sinha. I read Smid, but you have a choice.

You obviously do not get it. You are plagiarizing others for profit. You are abusing the kindness of people on this forum. You are abusing the spirit of this forum. You believe you are entitled to do this, and you think you will convince us to respect you and help you in your endeavours by explaining how you believe you are justified in your actions.

Telling us that "it is not easy to write a book" does not justify your actions nor gain the respect of those from whom you are taking information. Rather, it shows how little actual effort you want to exert, and how little gratitude you are willing to express.

jamessiffel is right. Your behaviour is definitely not worthy of the spirit of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by jamessiffel View Post
    Lmfao!!!! 2x's!
    Quote Originally Posted by snurfle View Post
    If I get help from someone, I like to thank them personally. That makes for a strong community. And maybe someday I will want to help someone when I have developed my own knowledge and experience. But I won't help someone like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyman View Post
    You obviously do not get it. You are plagiarizing others for profit. You are abusing the kindness of people on this forum. You are abusing the spirit of this forum. You believe you are entitled to do this, and you think you will convince us to respect you and help you in your endeavours by explaining how you believe you are justified in your actions.Telling us that "it is not easy to write a book" does not justify your actions nor gain the respect of those from whom you are taking information. Rather, it shows how little actual effort you want to exert, and how little gratitude you are willing to express.jamessiffel is right. Your behaviour is definitely not worthy of the spirit of this site.
    So how many of Sinha’s posts have you guys actually read before you decided to pass judgment and jump on the bashing wagon?

I have NEVER seen him pass on an opportunity to post help to other members when he can.

I suppose other cnc book authors like Mike Lynch, Peter Smid or James Harvey have never asked for info that is now in their books??

Stevo

Finally, the person who helped me the most 5-6 years back when I was writing the book has broken his silence. I have used (read, copied, if you like) many of his ideas in the book, and he is not complaining.

Actually, I need to ask because when I came to this world some 50+ years back, I absolutely did not know anything. I needed to read books and consult knowledgeable persons whenever things were not clear. I didn't know that sharing the knowledge acquired in the form of a book is a sin.

Anybody who knows about McGraw-Hill, would agree that they do not publish copy/paste material.
    And, if the readers have accepted the book, at the most one can envy it.

Page 2 of 2 12