587,243 active members*
3,190 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 20 of 71 1018192021223070

EmailAddress

Thanks Joe,

Could you please give me an email address to send my information too.

Sincerely,

Rich

I am waiting to buy.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ridge30 View Post
    Thanks Joe,

Could you please give me an email address to send my information too.

Sincerely,

Rich
    With so much info it's easy to miss, but take a look at any of Joe's posts in the header section (not sure if that's the proper term).

joecnc2006 at yahoo . com

Do the appropriate substitution for "at" and remove the spaces.

Mike

cool machine

Joe,

I have read every page of your thread on the hybrid. I am new to the cnc
    zone community. I would like to purchase plans to build the cnc router. I
    have no experience with building controls. Don't even know where to start. I
    believe your plans are just the mechanical parts. Maybe you can also steer
    me in the right direction to purchase and build the control as I am excited
    to DIY this project. I hate trying to find my way around on here. every time i want to come back to this thread i have to do a goole serch.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwilsonmfg View Post
    Joe,

I have read every page of your thread on the hybrid. I am new to the cnc
    zone community. I would like to purchase plans to build the cnc router. I
    have no experience with building controls. Don't even know where to start. I
    believe your plans are just the mechanical parts. Maybe you can also steer
    me in the right direction to purchase and build the control as I am excited
    to DIY this project. I hate trying to find my way around on here. every time i want to come back to this thread i have to do a goole serch.
    bookmark the thread, If you know nothing about the controllors, I would get the HobbyCNC pro kit, its a kit yes, but just about anyone can put it together, has good instructions, plus others can help you on here.

Joe

I used it for my Joe2006 build. The kit is easy to put together. I believe Joe used the kit and motors for the prototype 4x4. Buy the complete package with motors and all, it makes it easy. The only other thing you need is a transformer and an enclosure. This gives you a drive system that is already proven on the machine. Get the 305 motors.
    You can upgrade late if you see a need.

plasma and cutting torch?

would I be able to use that same controller to run a plasma and oxy-acetalene torch?

ps. joe, i was looking for the video today to show my friend and it seems to have been removed from the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwilsonmfg View Post
    would I be able to use that same controller to run a plasma and oxy-acetalene torch?

ps. joe, i was looking for the video today to show my friend and it seems to have been removed from the threads.
    I would think so, the only thing is to get tourch height adjustment.

Well I think it's time we tease a little bit. I've been building this machine sem-secretly for awhile. After working with Joe closely on this final (should I use that word?) revision before release I've grown to appreciate every part of this machine. Joe has done a really phenomenal job in designing it and working with him on it had brought me to be as confident in the machine as him. My machine is identical to his; the only major difference believe it or not is about 10" of height as I wanted mine a little shorter than his. Overall the goal of the design was to keep it simple, less complicated than most and to integrate materials intelligently. It doesn’t have the appearance of a commercial machine but holds the fundamentals of some of the best. Every part has a purpose and the way the part was made to follow. The bolt was placed in a certain place for a certain reason, not because it was just convenient.

MDF and HDPE are still used in this machine surprisingly enough, but it was used in a way that doesn’t affect any strength of the overall machine. Everything is cross braced and works off of the core structure, the 80/20 extrusions and unistrut. It’s a very similar machine to the modern day Shopbot. However it favors one area to all of us DIYers, it’s a bolt together; no welding and no need to sweat over perfect hole alignment. There is endless adjustment and the ability to produce these parts either on your previous Joe 06 or by hand with basic power tools. While I’m not going to reveal everything, I will say this, this machine is a new breed past the previous 06, for the serious DIYer. If you’re thinking about building it, go for it, it isn’t rocket science. And I will make this promise, if you follow the plans, this machine will be built rock solid easier and cheaper than some of us built our 06’s. With money in mind, my best advice will be you guys go all the way. Spend the money on the stuff Joe designed with the machine, don't find cheaper lesser quality alternatives. By all means upgrade, but don't downgrade. A hobbycnc controller works well, but the neat, fast appeal will be the Gecko based controller which Joe and I are going with. Budget some extra cash if you plan to do that, but the machine itself is rather inexpensive to build.

Lastly, on a side note you will see in the photo revision 1 of the Arch D size drafts Joe sent and printed for me. Every single part that needs to be fabricated is full scale on these prints. Joe drafted these from a full scale 3d model with every nut and bolt in a BOM. These are full proof and I built 75% of this machine from these prints. With some minor adjustments and additions for final revision for you guys, they will prove to be top notch, unlike much of what you have seen before and for a fraction of the price. Joe will be offering these printed I believe for a fee. If you’re like me you will want them in print, you cannot beat it. Every step will be detailed in the doc and correspond with the sheetset.

That’s all for now folks. Here’s a teaser of my machine, I’m only a little behind Joe  but getting there. Thanks Joe, and looking forward to all of your builds; be patient, the plans are coming soon to be released for all of you to look at.

Cooool!
    Trying to wait patiently, but it's tough. I'm ready to get going. Oh well!!!!

Greg

Enough teasing already....

Been looking at Joe's 2006 Model and had my heart set on building that one, but after reading this entire post, I think i'm opting to hold off and build this one. What a beautiful looking machine.

Quote Originally Posted by acesneights07 View Post
    Been looking at Joe's 2006 Model and had my heart set on building that one, but after reading this entire post, I think i'm opting to hold off and build this one. What a beautiful looking machine.
    you won't regret the wait I am sure of that!

I was waiting patiently until he dangled the carrot again now I feel impatient again

Joe,
    I have a few questions regarding your new setup.

1. How do you keep both of the long axises is sync when driving them with two seperate motors?

2. How did you square up the two indepant axises?

3. did you install a home switch on both axises to insure that they both return to the same position every time?

4. Did you drive the Gecko's from one step and direction pins or did you couple the two axises in Mach?

Thanks in advance and waiting for your new plans.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by planeflier View Post
    Joe,
    I have a few questions regarding your new setup.

1. How do you keep both of the long axises is sync when driving them with two seperate motors?

2. How did you square up the two indepant axises?

3. did you install a home switch on both axises to insure that they both return to the same position every time?

4. Did you drive the Gecko's from one step and direction pins or did you couple the two axises in Mach?

Thanks in advance and waiting for your new plans.

Rich
    I have a belt, between motors, manually sq the machine then lock down belt.

No switches installed yet, will just have limits switches, will use laser to home to stock material and zero tool plate.

Use Mach3 to slave axis.

Joe

Cutting bed attached, Spoil Board pieces go on top of it.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cutting bed.JPG  

Smile

Really good job Joe. A real next generation of machines that is within the grasp and abilities of the hobbyist.

How about posting some current close-up pictures of all the axis?

Thanks
    Hager

Now you're prying! :rainfro:

Waiting patiently, but it's tough. Joe, a outstanding design. Let us know when you have the package put together. Plans, etc...

Roger

Page 20 of 71 1018192021223070