587,561 active members*
3,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 22 of 25 122021222324

Re: X61500GT - New CNC-Carving Router

In my opinion, it's perfectly capable of milling aluminum. I've done some small pieces myself, using feedrates pretty close like the ones tgdavies uses.

For some reason I find it easier to mill with 6mm end mill, 10000rpm, 0.6-1.0mm step down and 750mm/min at least for roughing. But obviously it depends on tool diameter, smaller tool may break if driven too fast.

If target is precise parts, see my message above => Z-axis is not perpendicular (at least in my machine) and that will cause holes not to be straight, walls, edges will be also tilted by some degree.

Adjusting for the tool diameter I'd say those speeds/feeds are just a little more conservative than mine -- if it's a two flute end mill.

How did you measure the perpendicularity of the z axis? What difference did you get? (i.e. in microns per mm of vertical motion or similar units) I will check my 6040

Well, still on learning curve with whole machine...not even tested where the limits are. Some "accidents" suggest that there is plenty of capacity.

I have not measured Z-axis yet but I can see it clearly when lowering spindle against precision vise, it does not match flush with top of the vise. Shimming spindle helps but not enough. Also surface quality is poor, I can see and feel that tool is riding tilted. Before saying that table is causing that, there is no problem whatsoever to square stock with mentioned vise = table, X and Y are as expected.

Need to buy dial gauge first and then try to find out which part is causing the problem. My first thought is that spindle holder is the root cause as it is made out from extruded profile and actually there is quite much wiggle in line with Y-axis but not with X-axis (when spindle is not tighten up).

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have a X6-1500 on the way! I read this thread completely the past few days and came to the conclusion that I will have some work on modifying the machine...

The only thing I'm a bit "worried" about is the grounding, I have a basic in electronics understanding but I'm a chemical engineer. I don't think I would have allot of problems with doing the mod if I know what to do. My first question is: can I use the machine safely straight out of the box? Or will there be a big chance something breaks due to crap stock wiring?

I would like to start using it and start doing upgrades along the way when getting a better understanding of the different problems. Now it is just a long block of text that I read :-D It will get clear by using the machine I'm sure :-)

when it arrives just do a quick check over it should be ok not all of the machines are bad just some
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by KLucky13 View Post
    My first question is: can I use the machine safely straight out of the box?
    Yes you can. All of the grounding/shielding stuff derives from other machines (particularly the blue box ones) that exhibited all manner of problems until grounding and shielding was sorted out. Some of this is due to the Huanyang CFD they use.

I would like to start using it and start doing upgrades along the way when getting a better understanding of the different problems.
    Exactly the right approach - the machine will do work straight out of the box, and particularly if you don't have much experience with CNCs & machining, there's a heap to learn without getting caught up in doing lots of mods up front. You'll workout what you really need to fix with experience. For example, that mod on the previous page to shield the Z slide from chips is one I'm thinking about.

Thanks for the reply ;-) I already bought some parts to put homing sensors on the machine, that seems important to me. The big problem I read everywhere are the stock cables for the motors. I'm still trying to understand how to solve this. I will probably have a better view on it once I receive the machine. But If someone can give me a link to some photo's/small tutorial, that would be great :-)

For the meantime it's still a waiting game, my 1500 is stuck in hong-kong for the last week, Fedex is currently overloaded with orders to ship and they don't have a free spot on the plane for my machine (that's what I got as explanation from CNC carving)

if it does not have shielded wires on the motor`s it`s usely a good idea to run shielded wires on everything.

it gets ride of a lot of problems that machine can produce or machines near by can induce noise, rf interference that sort of thing you have the shielded wires connected at the control box end all to a centralized point usely with the common wires as well.
    the same goes if you use a dust extractor it needs a wire run from machine end to the dust extractor connected to the dust extractor only (don't ask how I know this). the old saying about lots of dust being explosive and producing a very high voltage is very true, its interesting to watch a dust extractor catch fire from a spark from a worn out cutter and you have to very quickly ripe everything out a through it out the door.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get the fact that you need some shielded wires for the steppers but for the moment the execution is not clear :-) How and where you attach the shielding. I think it might become clear once I have the machine in front of me :-)

I get the fact that you need some shielded wires for the steppers but for the moment the execution is not clear :-) How and where you attach the shielding. I think it might become clear once I have the machine in front of me :-)
    Just standard shielded cable, which has the braid either on the outside or inside the insulation, but make sure if you use it, only tie one end to ground, leave the other end unattached so you don't introduce earth differentials.

Usually grounding one end from the controller/PSU side is what most do. If you have any issues, it will likely be when the spindle is powered up. This can definitely benefit from shielded cable and even ferrites at the spindle end.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

I get the fact that you need some shielded wires for the steppers
    Actually you don't. This machine works just fine as delivered without fiddling with a single cable.

With respect to shielded cables on these machines, it's also probably worth understanding why. For the cables that are driving steppers and the spindle, you aren't worried about shielding the cables from external signals, rather you're seeking to stop the cables from radiating signals that might interfere with other equipment that might be vulnerable to EM interference.

In the case of these Carving-CNC machines, I haven't heard of anyone experiencing such a problem.

That said, I did replace the stepper cables on mine, but mainly to extend their length so I could locate the control box in a more convenient position.

dude read up on how and whys for shielding cable on cnc machines

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello everyone, I have just received and assembled a X6-1500GT-USB. it seems good just need to get my programs working properly mach is very unstable the drivers i received didnt work. miner tuning and reversing of all axeses but it seems to move well.

i have a few questions for you old hands:
    1. what software are you useing for CAM and post processors
    2. any ideas on my mach3 issues is it cuz its cracked
    3. does any one have any solid code i can do a test with

Thanks for all the info in this forum.

1. I'm using MeshCAM, which I like.
    2. When you say Mach3 is 'unstable', exactly what do you mean? What OS are you using? You can get a non-cracked demo of Mach3 and try that to see if it works better (it has a limit to the number of lines of code it will execute -- silently ignores further lines)

Thanks well mach3 had trouble with the drivers that came with the machine so i found one that seems to be working but i tried to load a gcode tonight and it looked like it loaded but was on the last line and the the program crashed it seems to crash if i look at it funny.

My x6-1500 arrived and is working fine! Did some quick tests on some foam that came out of the box to get used to the way of working with Mach3. Looks simple enough :-)

The next step is to start milling in some wood and after that in G10 (FR4).

Are there people here that milled in G10 that can give me a good idea of feedrate and RPM for G10? I will be milling with a 2mm carbide endmill. Thanks in advance!

My x6-1500 arrived and is working fine! Did some quick tests on some foam that came out of the box to get used to the way of working with Mach3. Looks simple enough :-)

The next step is to start milling in some wood and after that in G10 (FR4).

Are there people here that milled in G10 that can give me a good idea of feedrate and RPM for G10? I will be milling with a 2mm carbide endmill. Thanks in advance!
    You making knife scales? : P

I used to run 1mm and just switched to 1/16" endmills. Check out G wizard. For g-10 i think you can go at least 1200mm a min with a 2mm endmill. 1-.5mm DOC.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk some more. I have ran a crap ton of the stuff.

I'm currently setting up the Z-probe and everything works fine. Only it takes the wrong value as 0 for the Z-axis.

It goes down, touches the probe and goes up 10mm but then the value of the Z-height is +10 and it should be +30 (20mm of the probe +10 that it went up). But when I fill in the H at the tool information it does not count this 20mm height of the probe in.. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Just found out that this line:
    GageH = GetOEMDRO(1001) 'OEMDRO(1001)=Gage Block Height

Just had to be changed to:
    GageH = 19.50 'OEMDRO(1001)=Gage Block Height

works fine now!

Hello KLucky13,
    Let me know how to do test on Z-probe?
    Where to find and edit line:

EDIT: Just found out that this line:
    GageH = GetOEMDRO(1001) 'OEMDRO(1001)=Gage Block Height

Just had to be changed to: