587,278 active members*
3,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Bipolar Microstep 48 volt 5Amp /phase, 4 axis board
Page 23 of 29 132122232425
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongkol View Post
    Hi Kreutz,
    After reading.I would like to know this board can use with hybrid stepper motor at torque 1200 Oz-in or not.If It can,it's very interesting.
    What maximum of torque can this board control?

Mongkol
    Hi;

The boards handle bipolar stepper motors with less than 5 amps (peak) current per phase (and less than 45 volts power supply) with coil inductances higher than 1 mH. Please, check your motor specs.

Kreutz.

Hi
    I want to build my cnc router 4 axit and 48inx98in workarea table so I'm not yet to know use driverboad and moto to best? would you show me take it and where to buy is good.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen binh View Post
    Hi
    I want to build my cnc router 4 axit and 48inx98in workarea table so I'm not yet to know use driverboad and moto to best? would you show me take it and where to buy is good.
    Thank you
    Hello Nguyen;

It all depends on the type of rotary to linear movement conversion (lead-screw, rack and pinion, toothed belt, etc), the mass of the moving load, the acceleration and axis speeds you are planning to get, etc.

Some drive manufacturers offer free software to calculate the parameters of the right motor for the task. After selecting the motor, you should look for the right drive for that motor.

Regards,

Kreutz.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    Hello Nguyen;

It all depends on the type of rotary to linear movement conversion (lead-screw, rack and pinion, toothed belt, etc), the mass of the moving load, the acceleration and axis speeds you are planning to get, etc.

Some drive manufacturers offer free software to calculate the parameters of the right motor for the task. After selecting the motor, you should look for the right drive for that motor.

Regards,

Kreutz.
    Hello Kreutz
    Thank for your post
    I have made it's frame and want to use lead-screw but i'm afraid the table is long (118in) so would you tell me should to setup my cnc example steptteeth of lead-screw and side , the power of moto, driver box... and last is buy of manufacture have good price and good quality.

Best Regards,

nguyen binh.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen binh View Post
    Hello Kreutz
    Thank for your post
    I have made it's frame and want to use lead-screw but i'm afraid the table is long (118in) so would you tell me should to setup my cnc example steptteeth of lead-screw and side , the power of moto, driver box... and last is buy of manufacture have good price and good quality.

Best Regards,

nguyen binh.
    Hello Nguyen;

I am afraid that I can't of much help on those decisions, I don't have experience on the mechanical part of CNC. Maybe this is the wrong thread for those questions, you should ask on the CNC construction threads on this forum.

There are a lot of stepper motor vendors, most of the cheap models come from China. The only distributor I can recommend is Keling Technology, because I had good experience with them. Remember to determine the required motor first, then get the drive for the motor.

Best Regards,

Kreutz.

I decided to buy a "pick and place" machine...Will take a few weeks to arrive. I am sorry for the delay, I either overestimated my free time...or underestimated the manual assembly labor.

Kreutz.

kreutz,

what software will you be using for your pick and place?

MLD

Quote Originally Posted by mld View Post
    kreutz,

what software will you be using for your pick and place?

MLD

The software comes with the machine, the little I know now is that you can import Gerber files and will generate P&P files after you input some extra information, it has a teaching camera and a positioning camera (optional), I am trying to find out if I can modify the code if needed, the manufacturer's website is http://www.placemax.com/ The cost of the base machine is only half of the total when you include vision, the required component feeders, and nozzles.

I am planning to visit the manufacturer's facilities in Colorado in a few days...

Kreutz.

http://www.placemax.com/

"I am planning to visit the manufacturer's facilities in Colorado in a few days..."

Kreutz.

Wow, you never know whois just down the road. (about 12 blocks )

Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    "I am planning to visit the manufacturer's facilities in Colorado in a few days..."

Kreutz.

Wow, you never know whois just down the road. (about 12 blocks )
    The date is not decided yet, it depends on the availability of a demo unit. They build on order, so if there is no machine currently under construction, there will be no visit. It will be a shame, since I don't want to end up buying a used unit somewhere else without access to all the manuals and accessories I might need.

Hi there, is this site still alive? There more then a month gone since last post, just wondering what's going on.

thanks,
    sse4

Quote Originally Posted by sse4 View Post
    Hi there, is this site still alive? There more then a month gone since last post, just wondering what's going on.

thanks,
    sse4
    Hi;

Still waiting for the "pick and place " machine in order to assemble the boards....

Regards,

Kreutz.

You started this thread 03-06-2007, 16 months ago.
    I give up waiting now. :tired:

Quote Originally Posted by Jojje Bergan View Post
    You started this thread 03-06-2007, 16 months ago.
    I give up waiting now. :tired:
    I am sorry, it has taken longer than expected.... I understand most of you wanted them sooner. I won't give up anyways. Thank you for following the thread.

Regards,

Kreutz.

Rough. I'm still greatly looking forward to the finished product!

Hi Dr. Kreutz,

I hope all is well over there at Kreutz laboratories!

Are you purchasing a pick N place machine or renting time on one? Do you have any estimate at all when production can start? This has got to be incredibly frustrating for you- I've been here since the beginning of the thread and admiring all the effort you've put into what seems to be an amazing CNC controller....

Cheers, Jim

/my less-than-amazing controller may have burned out over the weekend. (user error)

Quote Originally Posted by GibbonsRock View Post
    Hi Dr. Kreutz,

I hope all is well over there at Kreutz laboratories!

Are you purchasing a pick N place machine or renting time on one? Do you have any estimate at all when production can start? This has got to be incredibly frustrating for you- I've been here since the beginning of the thread and admiring all the effort you've put into what seems to be an amazing CNC controller....

Cheers, Jim

/my less-than-amazing controller may have burned out over the weekend. (user error)
    Hello;

I am purchasing a "pick and place" machine. By this time I was supposed to have one already here but, after talking to more informed people, decided to cancel the order. Now I am waiting for a reputable brand machine to show in the pre-owned market.

It can't be any machine because of power and space restrictions in my home. I feel as frustrated as all of you...

As Mariss (Gecko) said on another thread; I will never again post an estimated time for availability or price, there are too many variables out of our control..

Best regards,

Kreutz.

Hi, I am sure you are already aware of this, but there are quite a few assy houses around, both domestic and international.

My limited experience with pcb's was with these guys

www.4pcb.com (I know you already have the boards)

but they also link to some other firms that do assy - maybe this is helpful.

http://www.4pcb.com/index.php?load=content&page_id=43

Last but not least, it is amazing how many college and HS kids need a part time summer job. Some work pretty hard - others, not so well. I try to hire contractors vs part time employees when possible.

I had a recent personal experience though which has taught me to never pay someone with a check, personal or company. We ended up having our check's counterfeited from one paycheck and it has caused all kinds of fun mess. Pay in cash or direct deposit.

Interestingly, the thing that caught the fake check was - we had never written a check that large to anyone else, except to the IRS.

Finally I will have my (pre-owned) "pick and place" machine shipped Tomorrow!!! Will post more comments after my live inspection at the seller's site. Whatever the machine status is will have to make it work, I have already paid for it...

Congrats Dr. Kreutz!

Tell me, is this a large thing, expensive thing? I odn't know much about electronics assembly, but I'm always fascinated by things like this- tools extremely specific to a line of work. Was it a significant investment for you? I'm excited for you- it sounds like you just treated yourself to a serious investment for your profession, and that's always exciting. Sort of like managing to get a CNC machine running for my little shop.

Cheers, Jim

Page 23 of 29 132122232425