588,686 active members*
5,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 240 of 422 140190230238239240241242250290340
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

I have been a CNC machinist for 20 Yrs. and plan to retire in a few more Yrs. I hope to build a cnc plasma table to make parts . I hope to get the info I need here on this site.

Hello every one. I have spent a lot of time on the forums and finally decided to participate! My name is Trevor Ruhl and I am an artist from Portland Oregon. I went to school for manufacturing and decided to get me a ZenBot and start a company. I am really new and welcome all the help. In the mean time I am building up a portfolio and a blog at Up Wood Working | Old wood, New ideas.

I look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Hi,

The names Frank.

Apprentice machinist. Looking to play around at home now. Nothing big. Looking at getting a benchtop.

Hi all,
    Built a CNC Foam Cutter several years ago to cut R/C airplane parts for my designs.
    Now looking into 3D Printing and adding a laser to my upcoming Rostock MAX to laser cut balsa wood as well.
    Cheers!
    LD

Bored retired guy looking to start some light machining for hobby projects. Primarily a woodworker until now.

Jeff

Hi

My names Alex, I'm a CNC newbie but busily on my way to constructing my first machine...just have to get Christmas and New year out of the way and then construction can begin in earnest.

The frame is solid aluminium rather than profile , with a bed size of 1000mm by 800mm and a z-axis of 300mm ( to allow for future addition of 4th axis)...Once construction starts i will get a thread going on its progress.

cheers

Alex

Hi, everyone
    I'm Sha Hong, working on medical equipment with robot.

Good Morning to all, My name is brian from california. Currently im a student working to get his bachelors degree in engineering technology. I plan on getting or building a small cnc mill for the garage, i had worked as an intern in a aerospace cnc shop and have had experience using a tormach 1100 at school and some cnc routers as well as manual mill and lathes. I hae 2 AS degrees from a JC in Engineering Design Technology as well as Manufacturing Technology.

Hello all.

My name is Joe, and I am working for Sumitomo Machinery Corporation of America. We are part of a Fortune Global 500 organization, and we are rapidly expanding our manufacturing in our Chesapeake, VA factory.

We are currently hiring CNC machinists for our 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions. SMA provides very competitive wages and excellent benefits. If any of you would like to apply, here is the link:

Contact Us

Thanks,

Joe.

Greetings from Finland!

I am woodworker and used cnc-routers few years. I'm also interested in build cnc machines.

Just starting to fall down the CNC rabbit hole.... My hobbies have hobbies.

Now then, one and all!
    I'm Simon, in my mid forties. I am a keen woodworker, tho I do not possess a CNC machine.
    I am need of assistance for a diorama project for a living history group.
    Cheers

Hello
    i have got back into machining after 30 years absence.
    now have my own lathe and mill although they are only small a sieg sc3 and x2 mill.

I'm and exhibit designer and builder - science museums, children's museums, history centers, nature centers. Passable machinist, welder, woodworker, electronics and mechanism designer/builder. Have built a 3D printer. Interested in adapting or upgrading several of my machine tools to CNC.

Cheers,

Chris

I'm with VersaBuilt out of Boise, Idaho. We make the VBX-160 Robotic CNC Machine Tending System. Check it out at VersaBuilt Universal Machine Tending.

Hi all,
    I'm a watch enthusiast who has decided that I want to build my own watch cases as a hobby. That being said, beyond the traditional case shaping methods using lathes, I have joined CNCZONE to hopefully get some insight into how I can incorporate a CNC machine of some sort into my eventual case building setup.

TTYL,

Floyd

Post Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi dear,
    This is the information about our company:
    Ningchuang Metalware Co, Ltd. was established in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province in 2003. After unceasing accumulation and exploration, we have formed a thorough industrial chain of industrial research and development and the design, manufacture and marketing of processed products, like mold manufacture, injection molding, mold base, components and parts, fixture and jig etc. In order to ensure the top quality and high taste of our products, NCH became the strategic partner of Foxconn Group in 2012 by virtue of Foxconn’s outstanding scale advantage, advanced equipment,excellent manufacture technical capacity, full digitized processing and full networked management, which guarantees our customers’ benefits in all respects. NCH offers all-around services in order receiving, design, proofing, volume production, freight logistics and quality track etc.
    If you're interested in our company,
    you can take a look at our website.
    Here is our website link:
    High Precision CNC Grinding Milling Manufacturing
    Thank you!
    Joanna

Post Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    I was looking thru the list of users and was shocked to see that 3/5th or more of the members have ZERO posts.

I'd like to say WELCOME to all the new members, and to the old members that haven't posted.

I'd also like to extend an offer for you all to chime in and say hullo, mayhaps tell us what you do, how you're involved in CNC etc. We'd love to hear from you!!

(group)

'Rekd

Hi Everyone,
    Here is the information about our company:
    Ningchuang Metalware Co, Ltd. was established in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province in 2003. After unceasing accumulation and exploration, we have formed a thorough industrial chain of industrial research and development and the design, manufacture and marketing of processed products, like mold manufacture, injection molding, mold base, components and parts, fixture and jig etc. In order to ensure the top quality and high taste of our products, NCH became the strategic partner of Foxconn Group in 2012 by virtue of Foxconn’s outstanding scale advantage, advanced equipment,excellent manufacture technical capacity, full digitized processing and full networked management, which guarantees our customers’ benefits in all respects. NCH offers all-around services in order receiving, design, proofing, volume production, freight logistics and quality track etc.
    If you're intereted in our company,
    you can visit our website.
    Here is our website link:
    High Precision CNC Grinding Milling Manufacturing
    Thank you!
    Joanna

Footwear dabbler in the UK - London

Hi all.
    I'm a UK-based 1964-vintage male with a small business selling vegan footwear made by factories in the UK.
    I don't have a lot of concentration or workshop space, but dabble in thoughts about manufacturing footwear belts and bags, including CNC techniques.
    I do a little home manufacturing of belts.
    I try to keep track of UK shoe factories as suppliers and have been bought small batches of shoes off one or two of them for a decade or more -
    I have a list of footwear factories in the UK on http://bit.ly/shoefactories

To reduce lead times, I'd quite like to cut my own upper material and maybe cut some for bags as well, so cheap or free nesting programs to reduce waste could be useful, even if I cut the material by hand from a suggested pattern on a screen - I can probably make templates to cut-around with a stanley knife. I already cut belt straps in the kitchen with a razer-blade holder and special pliers. As I write, I am just beginning experiements with a large carpenter's vice to use as a press for cutting all the belt strap holes in one go and am looking for tubular cutters: partmaster has a minimum order of £50!

I know that footwear CAD software is rediculously expensive although there are a couple of free demo versions for playing with that won't save; I haven't yet had the patience to play and find out what they do. Traditionally, footwear CAD CAM for leather upper cutting has been rare because leather hydes have blemishes to them and irregular thickness, but I use a 2mm microibre material which makes things easier. I can also sell it by the meter.

Some time I might experiment with 3D printing for plastic footwear soles. First I might try casting aluminium around the shape of an existing sole and working out how to get it made into a proper plastic mould, because I think aluminium moulds are about £3,000 a pair per size. I have details somewhere of someone who makes them out of resin and fibreglass, but those moulds don't last so long. I have an idea that modern ovens often have a self-clean setting that might be hotter than the melting point of aluminium, but I haven't checked my facts on this yet.

Some time I might experiment with CAM-cutting for sheet material. There is a jobbing lazer-cut company close to me - I think there is a list of London lazer cutting services somewhere on the net - so the first stage is to get a neat file that I can send them to get a quote.

I also wrote a blog about my failure to set-up a Drupal based shopping cart to sell shoes, awkwardly called veg-buildlog.blogspot.co.uk . There is a post about trying to find nesting software - if nto strictly CNC software - for next to nothing called setting-up shop in Drupal: Nesting software for next to nothing to use with free legal downloads of Adobe Illustrator CS2

My own shoe shop, still old-school html as I write and without stock control, is on http://veganline.com and sells vegan shoes online.

hi, I write from Italy and recently I have a 6040 Chinese, before I had a self-built but the dremel could do little work. I am married and have a son but does not follow my interests (25 years ago and rightly so) I apologize for the bad use I make of lihgua English. Greetings to all and a Happy 2015

Page 240 of 422 140190230238239240241242250290340