587,082 active members*
2,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 25 of 25 15232425

Re: X61500GT - New CNC-Carving Router

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    every 12 week`s full services clean, lube,(use non sticky lube) calibration, check squireness, do it at the end of season. just a good wipe down and check over once a week, 5 mins checking and inspection can save a lot of time down the road.

and if you think something is wrong stop and check you may be correct
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Have lubed the machine, but it sees like nothing enters the ball bearings or ball screws. It's just pushed out of the way.

Have search trough this thread about shielded wires. Found some info but nothing about wire gauge. To big and it won't fit inside the drag chain.
    What have you guys used?

Bought a touchprobe to use the digitizing option in Mach3, found out that the motioncard does not support G31, so nothing is saved in the txt file.

Ordered a SmoothStepper ethernet with the option to use 6 axis.
    Have anyone any experience with a 5 axis turntable?
    Found this on eBay, CNC Engraving Machine Rotary Table H Style A Axis B Axis,4th&5th Rotational Axis

Re: X61500GT - New CNC-Carving Router1

Quote Originally Posted by m_maursund View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Have lubed the machine, but it sees like nothing enters the ball bearings or ball screws. It's just pushed out of the way.

some ballscrew nuts have a oil port on the side for a auto oiler`s, same with linear bearings, on my small machine I just put some oil on the screws and shafts it gets in there.

Ordered a SmoothStepper ethernet with the option to use 6 axis.
    Have anyone any experience with a 5 axis turntable?
    Found this on eBay, CNC Engraving Machine Rotary Table H Style A Axis B Axis,4th&5th
    Rotational Axis

how deep are your pockets the programs to run them cost a lot it`s more for a mill.
    dd
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zee make the purchase!

Then come back and review it for us ;-)

Perhaps you can start a new thread - I haven't seen one for this model yet... unless I've overlooked it somewhere.

slightly hidden due to the name of the thread but there is this one:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...are-forum.html

I'm fairly sure I'll be getting one - just need to consult the "bank manager" :boxing:

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    slightly hidden due to the name of the thread but there is this one:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...are-forum.html
    These machines look good, but the latest machines they are building have square type linear rails,it is far better to have a machine with this type of linear rail, than the round rail machines
    Mactec54

yes... that's exactly why I'm talking about changing to the X6-2200L from my X6-1500GT. The link is to a thread about the X6-2200L which has HG20 linear rails.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    yes... that's exactly why I'm talking about changing to the X6-2200L from my X6-1500GT. The link is to a thread about the X6-2200L which has HG20 linear rails.
    Yes they should be a much better machine with the HG20 linear rails, as long as the rails are aligned correctly it should be a big improvement over the SBR rail machines
    Mactec54

I thought I was gonna show you guys my completely rebuilt control cabinet for the X6.

Built it so it has a triggered 230V outlet when the spindle turns on, with manual override as well
    Good for dust extraction, vacuum pumps etcetera.

Also put in an 24V outlet, also triggered on spindle start, with manual override of course.
    Works good for machines that doesn't take 230V directly, that way I can just use a realay between.
    Put this in because I will need 24V for my upcoming home/limit switches, and it industry standard.

Since my whole machine is now grounded I had to rebuilt my tool zero tool.
    Now it's a circuit between 5v and the input, with 330ohm resistor.
    When the end mill touches my plate the input is grounded and falls, and triggers my zero.
    Works like a charm.

Changed my spindle cable to Ölflex, 4x0.75mm2.
    Like this I could properly ground the spindle.
    Opened the top of the spindle and made a proper grounding connection.

Had to buy a new VFD from Aliexpress, the old one had some issues.

There is plenty of room in the cabinet to mount solenoid valves and such to run my fogbuster prototype.

The white table on top is a unfinished tub to run carbon fiber in, flood cooling or water bath.
    Put stainless sides in to get away from aluminium chips flying all over the place, will make detachable sides for routing longer pieces too.

Mounted my dust extractor hose on the wall, just to get shorter runs and better suction.

Some pictures as well.
    The side of the cabinet looks lite crap, used a permanent marker that got absorbed by the paint.
    Maybe I will repaint it someday....

A few words on the cabinet.
    The green relays that sits below the VFD is for eventual expansions, just to get galvanic separation etc.

The Pepper & Fuchs units that sits furthest to the right are for upcoming limit switches, these will go through 6 pole connectors.
    24V power supply is in the bottom
    The main Contactor is mounted on the DIN rail.

I will mount a 230mm fan in the door, will probably make a filter holder for that as my next project

Feels really good to have remade the cabinet and be able to run again.
    Let the chips fly!!

I'm selling my X6-1500GT, Letting you guys have dibs before I post it anywhere else. I'm in Wisconsin. PM me for details if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DWARP View Post
    Zee make the purchase!

Then come back and review it for us ;-)

Perhaps you can start a new thread - I haven't seen one for this model yet... unless I've overlooked it somewhere.

Done deal, machine should have shipped today

Quote Originally Posted by mcncfun View Post
    I was looking into docs today and I think the 12V is provided by VFD. So it might be possible just to get these down to 10V before it goes to USB motion card. I think 78L10 voltage regulator might do it easily. The motion card will then use the 10V as base for PWM. See section 7.4 in AKZ250 Installation Manual. I didn't check the actual hardware so I might be wrong.

M.
    I got to this today and it indeed works nicely.

I used 78L10 voltage regulator, with fixed output - see the datasheet. I am using VFD's 12V (in real I measured over 13V) on regulator input, getting something like 9.94V on output, connected thru 1k resistor to AIN1 and PWM.

After connecting the regulator and setting 24krpm in mach3, the VFD run at something like 372Hz (instead of 400Hz). I had to change the P0-023 function parameter value a bit lower than 10.0V. Required a bit of tuning to get the right value and now I am getting 400Hz for 24krpm and less than 400Hz for anything below 24krpm.

The current going thru the regulator should be around 10mA, which is far away from its limit - 100mA.

Hello guys, by accident (naughty kid), some of the settings in my VFD were altered. Could you please post your factory settings for P0-000 to P0-003? Thanks in advance.

Never mind, figured them out.

Page 25 of 25 15232425