587,171 active members*
3,132 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > Open Source Boards Available, Stepper Drivers and Break Out Boards
Page 25 of 39 15232425262735
    tek,
    I don't but I can. For toner transfer?

Phil

yes.. also I know that all printers print a little diffrent.. could you also add in a distance mark for setting scale

I know this is LATEEEEE, but have you ever seen a more riga-jiged working machine? I'll post the controller/driver image when I get time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dcp_0016.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by berin
    I know this is LATEEEEE, but have you ever seen a more riga-jiged working machine? I'll post the controller/driver image when I get time.
    I like the name you've given your machine.

Hey, nice mess!!! hahaha! please tell me what is on the table (to the right) ? Is that 3 Hard disks? What is it´s utility? Do you use the HD-driver boards to control anything?
    It´s amazing what you can do with those small motors from printers, huh ?

Way off on the right are 3 boxes of screws. I'll give a better discription when I get a chance. I'm at work right now then I have a test later today. after that I'm finaly free for a while. dont you love education (rolling eyes) as for the motors the black one you see is from a floppy drive, the top one is from a laser scanner system from some BIG machine? and the motor driving the x axis which you cant see is a printer motor.

L297-L298 Board files updated on the website.
    http://webpages.charter.net/pminmo/cncelectronics.htm
    Phil

Hey Phil, tell us about this boards... is that bipolar? tell us what is unipolar and bipolar... i liked the lay-out, nice job! :cheers:

Sorry Phil i saw on top of page what is bipolar, unipolar etc...

Actually most of the layout was done by pigifly. He took a imature 2 sided design and turned it into a single sided design. I just cleaned up a few things.

Phil

are any of you guys REALLY good at programing? I'm looking for some help in a project. I have a source for a bleep load of VFD's lcds 2x?40 but the controller isnt a standerd controller. the driver chip is. I'm looking for some help in building a PIC chip to drive the SERIAL based driver chip's for the vfd's in an hd44780 like standerd (emulation). If someone could build a controller setup lke this I'd give them one of the VFDS free.
    The serial chip its self is a UCN5812EPF

Sure, I can help with this. Send me your details.

Talking Opensource Opto-board

Hello guys, i did my first board with EAGLE PCB software. Its an Opto-isolated to the 8 main bits from LPT. The optos are the 4N25. Too slow for anybody, but it can be usefull to tests and then to use it on the home switches.
    I can send the files to everyone, its opensource. And it´s LINUX compatible.
    I wish to give thanks thanks to Maarten Dekkers, who helped me with the lay-out.
    :cheers: See you, guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc-optoboard-8_bits.jpg  

Good work ITO, does the board work?

Phil

Until now, the board worked on the software test that came with the turboCNC software. I will test on the Zaxis soon...

Phil,

I've been eager to build a set of the Open-Source controllers and a BOB that you and the others here have worked so hard to put together.

There is currently a thread in the wood router project forum that describes the use of another guys stepper driver plans. Could you tell me in your opinion what driver schematics would be better from a newbies perspective?

Here is the thread:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7286

Here is a link to the PICStep website:
    http://www.fromorbit.com/projects/picstep/

I see that the picstep drivers require PIC's that need firmware, are there any advantages or disadvantages with this?

From what I have seen, I think PICstep is a solid design. I haven't evaluated the firmware, but assume that if it's working for people the firmware must work. The National drivers look to be nice parts, kinda pricy though. Digikey has them listed at $13 each, between the drivers and the pic itself you are looking at $30 a channel. Add another few dollars for misc parts, assuming your making the board yourself. I gotta believe your at least at approaching $40 a channel. If your buying the board your around $60 a channel. Kinda pricey.
    However, you wind up with a 3A 55v chopped driver, which would drive some nice steppers.
    It probably hinges around your personal goals. What is driving you, cost, learning experience, pride in "I built it".......
    Also would hinge around your motors, what their ratings are would be a factor.
    Last would be your level of experience in electonics is. How comfortable you are with implementing the programming hardware and software for the pic... Is it something you want to learn...

I've got 3 uni-polar SLA7024 chopper drivers I'm going to build SINGLE channel driver boards for and put up for sale on cnczone

pminmo I have a question for you. Do you know what kind of a connector the sla7024 uses? I cant seem to find it in eagle. nore can I find a librarie for the connector pin out of the chip ether.

Page 25 of 39 15232425262735