587,613 active members*
3,914 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 27 of 131 1725262728293777127

80 degrees

this is whats wrong with 80 degrees in december southeastern US
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0172.JPG   IMG_8677.JPG   IMG_0175.JPG   IMG_8673.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Maxmachine, Thanks for the " heads up " about the wiring connection.

I will be sure to check mine and post photos of it.

Was this the lead to the spindle? From your description of your machine having a " used " spindle when you purchased it from your USA dealer, is it possible that the machine was originally supplied with the manufacturers standard spindle and was changed to your specified spindle by the dealer?
    If this is the case is it the USA dealer who would be the culprit that made the dodgy connection?

I am sure that the current owners of these machines will check their wiring to make sure that they have quality connections, and will report anything that is not up to standard.

Regards, Rocket.

Hi Rocket... I believe this was the spindle wiring that looked like this. I did not undo the other taped connections for fear of creating more work for myself.

You are right about the spindle. I ordered mine with a 3hp spindle, and I believe that the dealer is the one that installed it (a used one, not a new one.) I have enclosed a photo of the spindle that was delivered to me. It shows the setscrew marks all over the side of the spindle. The front bearing was packed with sawdust also. This was hardly a new spindle!

Looking at the taped connections on the machines recently shown on the forum makes me believe that the wiring was done in China, and all of the Excitech machines are probably wired by the same few people... that is to say, badly! Also, the most recent spindle photos show the same crude electrical tape job on the spindle cable.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SetscrewMarks.jpg  

you do not need

any one to tell you that is not a new spindle
    cabnet

max machine Its unbelievable they sent you out that spindle, what a mess!! I am still pondering my dust skirt, have ordered some 12mm clear acrylic for the body of it and some door draught brushes, just wondering how you secured it to the spindle as in your pics? I have the same round spindle.

Did someone also mention that the small tube coming out the side of the spindle was to put an air line to? so no dust can get in the bearings...

Also as ksealey and Jimmy mentioned the wiring I thought I would take the side panels off to check. OMG the cr*p what was in there, metal swarf, plastic chippings, dust. Drive belts and gears were covered, anyways gave it a good clean and tightened up several things that were loose and seems ready to go now.

Well worth giving it a full tweak and inspection when yall get your excitech machines

Quote Originally Posted by dougie329 View Post
    max machine Its unbelievable they sent you out that spindle, what a mess!! I am still pondering my dust skirt, have ordered some 12mm clear acrylic for the body of it and some door draught brushes, just wondering how you secured it to the spindle as in your pics? I have the same round spindle.

Did someone also mention that the small tube coming out the side of the spindle was to put an air line to? so no dust can get in the bearings...

Also as ksealey and Jimmy mentioned the wiring I thought I would take the side panels off to check. OMG the cr*p what was in there, metal swarf, plastic chippings, dust. Drive belts and gears were covered, anyways gave it a good clean and tightened up several things that were loose and seems ready to go now.

Well worth giving it a full tweak and inspection when yall get your excitech machines
    Dougie.... I found out about the air hose later (the nipple was missing when I got the machine)... the importer told me to pressurize it at 45psi, but when I did, it was obviously too much. 10psi seems to work well. A photo of my dust shoe is below. It clamps on to the spindle with the two allen screws on the edge. You can see where I cut a slit through the ring to allow it to move. Also, the cap screws holding the ring to the polycarbonate are only on 180 degrees of the ring, allowing the back part of the ring to flex. By the way, I would recommend polycarbonate rather than acrylic for the shoe... it is much stronger!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dust shoe3.jpg  

woodshop news

mastercam chinese sh 1325 router makes cover of woodshop news out today!!

also heres foot mount if it helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0205.JPG   IMG_0191.JPG   IMG_0195.JPG  

rocket

bought a cabinet entry and nesting software program called
    http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/
    today for 250.00US and have already begun nesting and cutting parts with out another learning curve of new software

i currently have cabnetware and the initial upgrade to communicate to cnc
    was over 20.000.00US cabinet pro (A favorite around here) is 8000.00US

it looks like i will be able to sell my big saw and my 20/20 software and offset this and maybe i'll just stick with the cabinetpartspro untill some of these learning curve settles down

tommorrow carving software

cabnet

rocket

how we doin on your router i hava had some great conversation with bill glenn i can hear he has a passion for these routers and i will be going to lafayette ga to see his setup. i cant balieve it i could consider another router

cabnet

G`day cabnet, i have read about cabinetpartspro. It is reputed to be very good value for money. Is it available in metric ( mm )? If so, we will buy it.

We had a quick look at the free version - that is extreme value for money!

You are coming into winter so i hope you get lots of rain. Our summer is just starting so not much chance of rain here for the next 4 months.

We will not be getting rid of our panel saw. Each day we cut lots of large melamine panels so we will continue to use the panel saw.

What we are hoping to figure out is something to make on the cnc with all of our offcuts. Our monthly rubbish collection bill is astronomical, so if we could offset that by selling some little trinkets made on the router instead of paying to get rid of it we could save a considerable amount of money.

Rocket.

cppro

yes i've been playing with the program and very important to watch tutorial
    videos.

i will probably go see kieth g again as he has cabinet pro and will ultimatly move in that direction.

at this point i want less learning curves
    cabnet
    ps yes to metric

My machine lives! Finally got around to cranking it up this morning and everything appears to be working perfectly. The spindle is very quiet as well which is good.

Hopefully I'll be able to run some G. code soon. Jimmy or Scott, does that Excitech USB thumb drive need to have any drivers installed, or can I just plug it in to my PC, transfer a file across, then plug it into the DSP control and run it?

cabnet 636

Hey man, you're ponds almost dry! And, you're welcome. I'm glad you and Bill got together. I talked with him today on the phone. He helped me resolve a depth issue I was having. Bill's no different than us. He just happens to make his living building and selling routers. My dad always tells me that he's forgot more than I'll ever know! I think that's the way Bill is with machines! Anybody can sell one but you got to know something to build them.
    Your machine looks good. Looks like you found a good deal. Remember to mill both sides of your spoilboard and tape the edges. It will really help hold down your materials better. A friend told me about a company in Noth Carolina called Carolina Specialty Tools. I buy my 1/4" compression bits from them for $20.00 each. Their salesman works Roy's pretty regular so he's in the area already. Good luck with Cabinet Parts Pro. I don't know if I'm just dumb or was expecting too much but I couldn't work with it. I think you know a lot more about cnc's than I did when I started. How's the arm healing?

Sorry about that guys. I shouldn't talk bad about CPP. Ryan at Cabinet Parts Pro is a nice guy. He always tried to help me when I asked. The optimization part of the program is pretty versatile. You can move parts around, select starting points, add and delete sheets, copy and paste and lots of other cool things. I was looking for something to import and nest Cabinet Vision Solid files at the time. Little did I know then that nothing but $16,000.00 US to Planet would let that happen!
    Goodbye Planet, hello Cabinet Pro CNC !

Quote Originally Posted by howzat View Post
    My machine lives! Finally got around to cranking it up this morning and everything appears to be working perfectly. The spindle is very quiet as well which is good.

Hopefully I'll be able to run some G. code soon. Jimmy or Scott, does that Excitech USB thumb drive need to have any drivers installed, or can I just plug it in to my PC, transfer a file across, then plug it into the DSP control and run it?
    No drivers required for the USB disk Howzat- just copy and run.

Driver software is to allow you to connect direct to the hand controller by USB.

You should have a G code file or two in your controller memory and/or a few on the USB drive.

I would initially set the Z axis origin above the table so you can run the file and see where and how deep the prog tries to cut- very likely the demo files are shallow releif carvings but doesn't hurt to be safe..

Try a .2mm conical for the test files- you will have a big amile on your face ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by ksealey View Post
    Jimmy007 if the "cavity" being machined is wider than the spindle then I presume I can Z to 0. Also if the angle of repose of the material to be evacuated is greater than the angle prescibed by the line from the end of the bit to the shoulder of the spindle I should be able to access it as well.

I believe that foam can be machined with an ordinary drill bit which would mean that you may get a chance to see the sort of long bit that is needed next time you are in a Hardware store. In the future I may also fit an indexer and as most adults are about 450mm across the shoulders I could "turn" one on the indexer in one piece. I am also thinking of creating a face 2400x1200x450 - given the shape of most faces I believe that I should just about be able to accomplish it without collisions.

Here is a picture of one of my CNC sculptures.

It may not be a cabinet door but I like it.
    My comment was ;-P Ksealey- suggesting I was amazed they could supply the machine with so much air under the Gantry.

Very nice sculpture Btw- look forward to seeing what you pump out now that you have a machine in house.

keith

the cabinetpartspro is a simple framless based program that so far has come to me without too much learning curve, and at this point thats what i want.

i will be taking a look at cabinet pro as i can slow down now and go into practice mode and some production.

have any one bit salesman you feel i oughta know call me. i would like to visit your shop again.
    as you know that ponds right down the road here in centerville just west of lugoff so all ponds in this area unless major spring feed are dry.

have you tried trupan spoilboard or or you just using mdf with both dides milled for removal of sealed surface??

im am looking forward to meeting with bill glenn i feel extremly safe in this process with him on board and am working on letting him get started with new motors and air drill for shelf holes.

cabnet
    are just as dry

DUST FOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    My comment was ;-P Ksealey- suggesting I was amazed they could supply the machine with so much air under the Gantry.

Very nice sculpture Btw- look forward to seeing what you pump out now that you have a machine in house.
    Thank you all for your encouragement I appreciate it. Jimmy007 unfortunately I had never seen a ;-P before. Is it a wink with your tongue out? If so why is your tongue out? I still SMS in complete words and try and get the grammar right as well. From now on I will get my kids to a bit more translating.

Quote Originally Posted by ksealey View Post
    Thank you all for your encouragement I appreciate it. Jimmy007 unfortunately I had never seen a ;-P before. Is it a wink with your tongue out? If so why is your tongue out? I still SMS in complete words and try and get the grammar right as well. From now on I will get my kids to a bit more translating.
    Tongue in cheek Mate...

Will post the pics for you of my solution for VAC hose ceiling mount tomorrow- avoiding the workshop for a while as I sprayed a heap of acid-cat lacquer earlier and would prefer to let the formaldehyde gas out before I venture in with the camera.

Cheers,

jimmy 007 or z as i think of him

what type of work are you doing? i am sure you have told us but as we approach over 500 responses to this thread!! i for one am not going to try and remamber all of what has been posted!!

we blow thru 50 50 100 us gallons of laquer a month here mostly precat
    now using nanochem we have used ml campbell and valspar but they went with the big distributors and cut the small suppliers who will servce thier product better than an hourly employee ever will. me and over 100 shops in my area follow our laquer rep around as he will come and teach our guys, deliver on saturdays, just good old small business service

Page 27 of 131 1725262728293777127