588,685 active members*
6,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 290 of 422 190240280288289290291292300340390
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hi hope things are well for people. I just discover this place. I am in the process of buying a chinise router. I am not too experience with any of this all new to me. I am doing this for hobby as well something to get into. Hope you understand me slow. After all this time in United States. So that being said I will look forward to sharing and being able to learn. what my regualar thing is self employed as a herbalist as well martial art and qigong expert. Also a life coach and motivation coach. So I am exploring knife and weapon making also working with wood and stone. Thanks

Hi i just purchased a chinese cnc and still trying to figure out the programing,slow but making headway!

I bought one of those about a year ago - my new hobby has now become fixing what was my new hobby :-)

Just this weekend I finished rewiring it because I had constant issues with loose connections and damaged controllers. Apart from the motors and the actual machine itself I have had to replace everything. But to be fair, I got the original machine for 500 GBP and have spent probably 100 GBP fixing it (plus a fair bit of time) so i'm still up financially, and I have now learned an awful lot about how it all works!

If you need help on the programming let me know - I was a programmer for 20 years so find the GCode relatively easy, and have some nice bits of code to create GCode from images etc. I'm in the process of learning AutoCAD and Inventor to try and create some more advanced stuff - coming up with realistic ideas is my challenge right now. :-)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSmooth View Post
    I bought one of those about a year ago - my new hobby has now become fixing what was my new hobby :-)

Just this weekend I finished rewiring it because I had constant issues with loose connections and damaged controllers. Apart from the motors and the actual machine itself I have had to replace everything. But to be fair, I got the original machine for 500 GBP and have spent probably 100 GBP fixing it (plus a fair bit of time) so i'm still up financially, and I have now learned an awful lot about how it all works!

If you need help on the programming let me know - I was a programmer for 20 years so find the GCode relatively easy, and have some nice bits of code to create GCode from images etc. I'm in the process of learning AutoCAD and Inventor to try and create some more advanced stuff - coming up with realistic ideas is my challenge right now. :-)

Good luck!
    Thanks I'm very new at this. I've been a carpenter/commercial casework builder for 30 yrs I have a small woodshop and have always wanted a table top cnc.I am figuring it out slowly.I have a Chinese 30/40 3 axis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

i have a 6040 cnc router engraver and i need to know the most user friendly software that is out there... looking to do just crafts... differents letters... fonts...words... something that can take a pic and make it...

Hello! Here is Carlo from Italy, 45 yo and fond of cnc machining.

I owe a really small 3020 with low power spindle and I use it about twice every week to (sloooOOoowly) build parts I've think of.
    Here to improve my cnc skills, and.... my English as well!

Best regards to all - this forum looks really impressive and awesome!

Carlo

Hi all, I am new here, looking to learn about cnc milling for jewelry design.

Regards,

Hi- I am new. I have a custom cabinet shop . I have a 4x10 Weeke CNC machine center. Always looking for new projects. Thanks for reading!

Hi Y'all! Been doing some simple cnc woodwork over the years, and this has been a staple in my research. I guess it's time to finally join and stop lurking! Great community and I look forward to being a part of it.

Hi all, been in engineering 40 years now so my head is full of %$&*. Doing the design and programming for work now on a variety of machines. This site is very interesting
    Looking forward to some great chats and information swaps...

Hello all, I'm Hollowlegs (long story!). My interests are in the interface between machines and electrical control systems. I need to upgrade my MPASM coding skills from complete newbie to something a bit more competent - there seems to be a lot of relevant stuff on the site already, if needs be I'll post questions. I look forward to the interaction.

Hey Everyone! Glad to be apart of the CNC community!

Hi guys , I'm a newbie of this comunity. My interest are the cnc machine . I have just bought a chinese 3020t cnc ( yes I know ... I know ... ) but I'm a very, very beginner.
    Thanks to all in advance for your advisors ...that I'll ask you very soon :wave:

I'm apologize for my poor english ...
    bye

Hi...
    I am a new member from Indonesia..

Hi..
    I am a new member from Indonesia

Good evening!

fogman Guest

hi i'm Micheal

Here's my obligatory intro, everyone!

I''m a grad student physicist from JQI/NIST who does with a vested personal interest in small-scale manufacturing. I built a 3D printer to print optomechanics and HV parts for the lab I run, and I recently acquired a Chinese 3040 gantry that I'm adapting to grind lenses (in my limited free time).

When my ambitions are lower, I like to cut lots of things in wood. My personal projects generally range from artistic endeavors to simple parts that make my life easier. Halftones, reliefs, gears and gantry's are my indulgences of choice. Sometimes I like to experiment with casting high-performance parts by cutting low-performance molds. Especially when the casting involves molten beer cans.

Since I'm also half-person, I guess I'll mention that I like off-roading, camping, my wife's pet obsession, and Netflix... I can't say I'm terribly upset that she's got me on my 3rd rewatch of Dr. Who right now

first post here guys and just wanted to thank everyone that has posted information that has helped me dip my toe in the water to CNC machining

Hello all.

I've been programming and running lasers since 2004 and a waterjet since 2010. I use Radan for our Trumpf lasers, Haco CAD/CAM for our Haco laser, and Inteli-Max for our Maxiem waterjet.

We recently purchased a Fadal 4020 and now I'm wanting to learn how to program that and figure out which piece of software will be the right fit for our operation.

Currently we have AutoCAD 2010, Haco CAD, Radan, Intelli-max, and draftsight. Our Radan has 3D capabilities so I'm hoping I can forgo adding yet another CAD package with the CNC programming software necessary for our Fadal. It's a standard 3 axis (X, Y, Z) so nothing too fancy is required.

Hi guys. I'm also new to this site. I'm a student in aviation field. Started to work in a manufacturing company that focused on CNC machines.
    Hoping to learn new things here.

Page 290 of 422 190240280288289290291292300340390