588,638 active members*
5,317 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > Moldmaking > Home Made Injection Machine
Page 3 of 5 12345

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Harrybaldacc View Post
    Yes If you like to e-mail me on "[email protected]" I shall give you any information that you want.
    Harry
    Harry, do you still have the plans, I am looking for either a copy or a picture. I am going to build a machine, but am looking at what is out there first. Thanks in advance, Eric

DIY Injection mold machine

Yes I still have plans for one, it will be cheaper to build one,but you must have the nessary equipment, or get the parts made , and put it together yourself. If you like to e-mail me your address ,I shall put together someplans for you.
    Harry

Scooby Guest
    Yes I still have plans for one, it will be cheaper to build one,but you must have the nessary equipment, or get the parts made , and put it together yourself. If you like to e-mail me your address ,I shall put together someplans for you.
    Harry
    It would really help me also if you could perhaps send them to me as well?
    I sent you a pm yesterday with my email address, any help would be most welcome thankyou as im just about to build my own.

Harry
    Harry,
    Would you please send me one as well?
    I am in the process of build one from David Gingery's book, but it is too small for my need.
    I sent you a private message with my email address.
    Thanks
    Roland

Quote Originally Posted by rolandchen View Post
    Harry,
    Would you please send me one as well?
    I am in the process of build one from David Gingery's book, but it is too small for my need.
    I sent you a private message with my email address.
    Thanks
    Roland
    I need your home address, as the plans are all made on discs
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Klean-Power View Post
    yes I bought one of those books.
    It seems pretty good but I may double the size as it can
    only handle 2oz of plastic.
    It will cost about 400 bucks to build. not bad.
    As someone who knows a bit about plastics I think its a
    good deal.

my opinion
    Hope it helps

Tony
    -

Hey Guys,
    I came across this thread a while back and figured I would spend some time and actually complete a DIY injection molder. I tried a bunch of designs and I finally finished it a couple of weeks ago. I created a Hobby Injection Molder, it does approximately 2 ounces of em900 thermo plastic also known as hot glue. I figure most hobbyists can get away with lower melting temperatures and higher flow rates. I am in the process of testing out hotter plastics, including polypropylene and polystyrene. I spent a lot of time and effort working on this thing and I made a few things with it. I don't know if you guys are interested but I would love some input from you guys on its design. Anyway if you want to check it out that would be great. http://www.backyardengineer.com or feel free to email me: [email protected]

Real bench type plastic molding machine

To all wanaby build a Plastic injection molder, I have build 2 machines that will do polipropolene and up to Nylon 6 and glass filled nylon, the machine has the capacity of a 26 ton large molder, it makes professionally made parts, and has acapacity of 500grams.I have e-mailed many plans to most guys like you all over the world for this machine, soon the owners of these plans will surely want to talk about this. As for you guys, Plastic molding requires high pressures of 6500 tons approx and heating capacity of no less than 200degress celcies, so unless you want to mold choclate ,stay away from plastic

Its a monster

Plastic molding requires high pressures of 6500 tons approx and heating capacity of no less than 200degress celcies, so unless you want to mold choclate ,stay away from plastic
    wow! words of wisdom! maybe i should pack all my toys and go home? NOT

unless your words are constructive or informative, please keep em to your self!

As we on this forum will Adapt, improvise and over come almost all obstacles! which really is the purpose of these forums and others like them.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

To all wanaby build a Plastic injection molder, I have build 2 machines that will do polipropolene and up to Nylon 6 and glass filled nylon, the machine has the capacity of a 26 ton large molder, it makes professionally made parts, and has acapacity of 500grams.I have e-mailed many plans to most guys like you all over the world for this machine, soon the owners of these plans will surely want to talk about this. As for you guys, Plastic molding requires high pressures of 6500 tons approx and heating capacity of no less than 200degress celcies, so unless you want to mold choclate ,stay away from plastic
    Okay, I'll bite send me a copy of the plans.

Thanks,
    Paul

Scooby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R View Post
    I would love some input from you guys on its design. Anyway if you want to check it out that would be great.
    I can not find any details on your site about your injection moulder, all i can find is marketing stuff for whatever you sell. Hot glue isnt great to use because to isnt strong and it re-melts so easily.

With respect you sent me a set of drawings recently and although impressive it isnt a home machine, its a home made industrial machine, your machine does require care and attention and uses great forces but a small homemade bench mounted machine can easily be made and made to work extreemly well,

High pressures are only needed if you are injecting stiff plastic into tight moulds a smal bench mounted machine making parts of up to 2 ounce requires very little effort to operate if made well,

Temps of 200'c? i was/am under the impression that you need to cover temps up to and over 400'c if you want to mould a range of materials.

My own machine when finished will mould just slightly over an ounce of material and will be operated by a simple hand lever to push the shot in, i am going to be posting up a guide and procedure of how i made it and how someone else can copy it so you will see for yourself home made bench mounted moulders are possable and common.

Incidentally you have seen the bench mounted hand powered moulders you can buy over the counter havent you? they dont use a million pounds of presure etc.

As i say this is with respect because you was so kind enough to send me the drawings and your machine is impressive although massive, your machine is a big machien that can handle bigger numbers than a bench machine but it doesnt lessen the effevctiveness of a bench machine also a shot of 500 grams is simply not wanted by a garden shed experimenter.

Hobby Injection Molding

Hey guys,
    Scooby I apologize for not putting any specifications on my website, i will be sure to give more information. I just made the website on wednesday. I spent the past few months building it on weekends in my garage. Hot glue was the only plastic I had available. I actually found a plastics source that can send me Polypropylene resin crystals in 5 pound quantities. http://www.kelvin.com. I believe my machine using a lever will be hot enough and have enough pressure to inject PP and PE into simple molds. For example, scenary for train sets, or debree from a war era. It was meant to be fun, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my posts and my lack of injection molding knowledge. I can say that I spent considerable amount of time building it as well as considerable amount of money. I am merely suggesting that I can send you my machine for in some cases cheaper and sooner then someone could have built one. The real waste in this project was the time. It is very clear to me that it is not designed to be used industrially although, I have designed it to be modifiable for later versions. I plan to make it run continuously, and maybe i can find a chemical company to make higher melting temperature plastics that are also high flow. Anyway Thanks for sticking up for me guys. Kevin Regan P.S If you guys would like to see the machine we are referring to please visit my site. http://www.backyardengineer.com or as always please feel free to shoot me an email: [email protected]

Sorry If I have offended anybody, I just wantedf to help out, My machine is benchtop type, and it is not an industrial machine iether, the machine was originally build for a
    lab, and I have also build a rotary molding machine .

With due respect scooby, the machine is just a meter high and can be lifted from place to place with ease, and only a cheap 150 psi compresser is needed to operate it.the deis are closed by hand, a small air cylinder is needed to push the plastic through. Most similar machines that are available are not far different from my machine, it is that it has been refined to do the job better and more versatile, but it is still a bench machine. the fact that it looks more sofisticated is that it has been improved. for those that have asked me for the plans , I have spend 3weeks to find the old drawings and redraw them on a cad so that people like yourself would learn a little about the subject, I am 74 years old, I have been retired for sometime, I have no ambition to become some sort of hero or expert on the subjuct, but to forward my experience to others.

With due respect scooby, the machine is just a meter high and can be lifted from place to place with ease, and only a cheap 150 psi compresser is needed to operate it.the deis are closed by hand, a small air cylinder is needed to push the plastic through. Most similar machines that are available are not far different from my machine, it is that it has been refined to do the job better and more versatile, but it is still a bench machine. the fact that it looks more sofisticated is that it has been improved. for those that have asked me for the plans , I have spend 3weeks to find the old drawings and redraw them on a cad so that people like yourself would learn a little about the subject, I am 74 years old, I have been retired for sometime, I have no ambition to become some sort of hero or expert on the subjuct, but to forward my experience to others.
    Hello Harrybaldacc;

I would also like to see those plans and learn a little more. Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,

Kreutz.

I would like a copy of the plans also.

Alan

Scooby Guest
    Ok Harry with all due resepct then what was this bit all about on your previous post,

As for you guys, Plastic molding requires high pressures of 6500 tons approx and heating capacity of no less than 200degress celcies, so unless you want to mold choclate ,stay away from plastic
    To me and others it reads like your attacking home made machines, if that is the wrong impression then i appolagise.

OK Guys

If you know have learned anything from other posts about Injection molding you would have known that the 6,500 that Harry said was tons should have been PSI not tons for the injection pressure you need the tons part to hold the mold closed which has been said before you need about 3 to 5 tons per square inch of part surface to hold the mold closed these pressure's are quite easy to achieve even with a hobby machine
    Mactec54

No problem there, just seams like a communication problem....no worries!

if your giving the plans out for you bench top machine though i would love to see them....send me a PM or email em to me
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Page 3 of 5 12345