587,787 active members*
2,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > Hurricane Lasers - Buyer Beware! Horrible experience with John Kaspar. October 2013
Page 3 of 6 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    "After having worked at Full Spectrum Laser I can not stand when employers will lie and cheat at every turn to make a buck off of a customer."

John Kaspar | LinkedIn

.... I'd say Ryan Stinger has achieved his goal of saving over $120k in shipping costs at Hurricane Laser!... At least, he's saved shipping costs to Riverside, CA....

Ryan Stinger | LinkedIn
    Just looked at the Linked In profiles. Wow. He must sit instead of "stand" when he does it?

wklaserliu Guest
    hi, HPC laser will visit our fatory the coming Wensday .

[email protected]

China supplier ,g.weike

In business, reputation and customer satisfaction is everything.
    Amen brother, customers pay us to do what we enjoy. If they are not happy then I have failed.

My company policy is simple, if I had been your supplier and you were unhappy (No matter why) you would have had a FULL refund the same day as you requested it.

Sawmillcreek (my next destination to post a link to this thread).
    You would need to repost the whole thing Gene, SMC don't allow linking to third party forums.

I think some underestimate the bullhorn that is the internet.
    Very much so, it's the ripple effect, I've seen more than one company all bigger than Hurricane go to the wall because of a tiny number of forums posts around the internet.

Best wishes

Dave

Maybe my calendar is off but did that machine not show up right on time in the 8 weeks? did you tell them about your special october 6th date?

Quote Originally Posted by wklaserliu View Post
    hi, HPC laser will visit our fatory the coming Wensday .

[email protected]

China supplier ,g.weike
    Hi Chloe,

Chris is a great guy and one of the most respected dealers in the UK.

best wishes

Dave

wklaserliu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Hi Chloe,

Chris is a great guy and one of the most respected dealers in the UK.

best wishes

Dave
    hi Dave ,

hmm, thank you for news, he had bought machines from us some time ago, this time he is to see&learn our metal-nonmetal LC1325M and other normal co2 models .:banana:

Quiven

g.weike laser, leading manufactuer of laser engraving machine in Jinan China

[email protected]

Gene Sherman,

First of all I understand you are disappointed and frustrated over the late expected delivery date of your laser machine.
    That being said your expectation of a loaner machine is just a expectation. Do you think Hass CNC would provide a loaner machine without a contract and additional charges? A bunch of people here are making statements about what they would do if it was their company but its not there company and they didn't sell you a laser machine.
    Listening to a bunch of back seat drivers won't get you your money back. What difference does it make who is right and who is wrong?
    If it where my money I would take delivery of the machine A.S.A.P .
    If you don't like it, sell it at a slight loss.
    At least you will recoup a portion of your investment. A doughnut in the hand is better than two in the bush.

JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

You must be a buddy of JK or you are JK as your the only one here pushing for Gene to take the machine. You constantly criticize Gene and most of the others.
    "If it where my money I would take delivery of the machine A.S.A.P" .Hey its not your money
    "Listening to a bunch of back seat drivers won't get you your money back. " How do you know this? Someone might just have the right reply to get Kasper to write the check. You don't know.
    "Do you think Hass CNC would provide a loaner machine " Hey do you know they wouldn't?

A bunch of people here are making statements about what they would do if it was their company but its not there company and they didn't sell you a laser machine.
    True, but it does give Gene a sense of how others would act or feel in the same situation if they were in either position.

What difference does it make who is right and who is wrong?
    That's subjective depending on who's hands the money is in at the time.

If it where my money
    As you said though, it's not, you didn't buy a laser machine

cheers

Dave

ps:

Do you think Hass CNC would provide a loaner machine without a contract and additional charges?
    Mitsubishi UK did when one of mine went down with a resonator fault.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Do you think Hass CNC would provide a loaner machine without a contract and additional charges?
    JoeyB
    Gene DID have a contract, and the machine was ALREADY PAID FOR IN FULL. Add to that the subsequent promise of delivery made by Hurricane .....

... What was your question??

Gene DID have a contract, and the machine was ALREADY PAID FOR IN FULL. Add to that the subsequent promise of delivery made by Hurricane .....

... What was your question??
    Fizz,

First of all a contract requires a signature, all correspondence and terms need to be in writing.
    Nothing is in writing pertaining to a guaranteed delivery date, a loaner machine or a full refund if the order was canceled.
    The buyer should have requested a delivery stipulation in writing before paying for the product.
    You can't add a bunch of expectations after the fact.
    All the B.$. advice in the world is not going to refund Gene's money.
    Gene did not have a contract promising a loaner machine.
    Wish in one hand and $hit in the other.

JoeyB

Gene Sherman,

Is there a addendum to your receipt stating the special order color requirement and refund specifics?
    The receipt you posted does not mention any of these details.

JoeyB

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    True, but it does give Gene a sense of how others would act or feel in the same situation if they were in either position.

That's subjective depending on who's hands the money is in at the time.

As you said though, it's not, you didn't buy a laser machine

cheers

Dave

ps:

Mitsubishi UK did when one of mine went down with a resonator fault.

Dave,

Can you guarantee Gene Sherman will get his money back if he pursued a lawsuit?

JoeyB

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Fizz,

First of all a contract requires a signature,
    JoeyB
    Not necessarily. I'd suggest you bone up on your contract law. In the instant case there are all the elements present that are required for a contract. The only question would be the requirement of a writing under the statute of frauds, which I don't believe holds here. Even if it did apply, the courts could invoke equitable estoppel for Gene's relief.

Fizz,

You may be confusing promissory estoppel with equitable estoppel.
    If in fact the posted receipt is the contract you are referring to, where are the terms?
    After that is all said and done Gene Sherman needs a lawyer that will guarantee he can recover his money.
    Can you make that promise?

JoeyB

That's a ridiculous statement, and you know it. There isn't a competent lawyer alive that would make an absolute promise/guarantee like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    You must be a buddy of JK or you are JK as your the only one here pushing for Gene to take the machine. You constantly criticize Gene and most of the others.
    "If it where my money I would take delivery of the machine A.S.A.P" .Hey its not your money
    "Listening to a bunch of back seat drivers won't get you your money back. " How do you know this? Someone might just have the right reply to get Kasper to write the check. You don't know.
    "Do you think Hass CNC would provide a loaner machine " Hey do you know they wouldn't?
    I am not anyones buddy.I believe both parties are not disclosing all the pertinent details.
    That being said, to me $13,000 thirteen thousand dollars is a lot of money. In todays time and economy I would not gamble on the court system in another state to recover my money.
    You may think its worth attempting, its still Gene Sherman's money.

JoeyB

That's a ridiculous statement, and you know it. There isn't a competent lawyer alive that would make an absolute promise/guarantee like that.
    Fizz,

I agree with you, my suggestion that a lawyer would make a guarantee to recover funds is completely ridiculous and I have made my point.

JoeyB

...and this is where threads like this always leads to. How much of the OP's money will end up in Attorney's hands? I would think at least half.
    As far as business and reputation goes, this guy missed the boat.
    If customers do call up yelling at you, they are the most important thing on your plate. Take care of them. Do NOT IGNORE them. If they are yelling, you did something very wrong.

I don't have a dog in this fight, however the customer is always right. With the specified stipulations, the supplier should have refunded the balance without hesitance.
    That is how one conducts business in an open market. Name recognition and reputation is everything. It reduces my faith in Mankind to see posts like this. WTF happened to the good old hand shake. Let the lawyers try to get Obama out of his own hot water.
    Lee

Can you guarantee Gene Sherman will get his money back if he pursued a lawsuit?
    Taking everything posted at face value I very much doubt it at this point.

That is how one conducts business in an open market. Name recognition and reputation is everything.
    EXACTLY!

cheers

Dave

Page 3 of 6 12345