587,531 active members*
3,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > What does Mastercam cost?
Page 3 of 3 123

Smile No it says in the front of the book

Quote Originally Posted by cyclestart View Post
    Back when I took a Mcam 9.1 course the demo had limited precision. Definitely for posting, but also for checking dimensions iirc (it was some time ago). Could be the newer demos don't have the same limitation.

My impression of the license pricing at that time was "How much are you willing to pay ? "
    It stats in the front of the book its a Full Copy, but you can't save your work. That's what I read about 3 days ago. I will get a picture Monday of it hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Musick7 View Post
    I will get a picture Monday of it hopefully
    There's no need to post the picture here. I don't doubt it's a full version. Meaning a full version of the demo dealers hand out or a full version of whatever CncSoftware put together for the publisher. Enough functionality to let a student learn the material used in the included lessons.

The official educational version of Mastercam will cost more than one of those books. How much more I don't know. Mastercam's answer to most things is "ask a dealer", even the demos aren't a simple anonymous download.

btw I was half joking with my previous pricing comment. The original question was a bit like walking into a GM dealer and asking "what does a vehicle cost ?".
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclestart View Post
    btw I was half joking with my previous pricing comment. The original question was a bit like walking into a GM dealer and asking "what does a vehicle cost ?".
    Unlike the GM car you want (a work truck costs more for this same reason) Mastercam will make you $$$. Therefor the price per seat is justified. Like a Work Truck vs a sedan.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

cyclestart,
    The official educational version of Mastercam will cost more than one of those books. How much more I don't know.
    the 14 month educational version cost is a $175.00 well spent money. you must be enrolled in a class to receive this.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks cadcam.

Musick7
    $175 is a sweet deal. I bumped up against the demo's limitations early and often.

It would be nice if hobby users could buy something like 9.2 Mill level I at a hobby price. No support or maintainence included. Of course the potential for abuse is obvious. The main reason this isn't offered probably.l
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

The $28k sounds pretty close. I know the cost of the Mill and Router are $14k (level 3). The 1st and 2nd levels of each cost about a 1/3 and 1/2 of the level 3 respectively. But you are alos sacrificing a lot of functionality. We just got Mastercam a couple of months ago, and the cost was comparable with others out there.

I know you were asking about the lathe seats, but they should all be priced similarly. If you were a mill or router cusomer and wanted to add on the 4th axis option, it's $4K- $5K. Then there is the cost of training. That can add up real quick.

If remember correctly we spent $18k on Router Pro, Solids, 5 axis and Art.

Page 3 of 3 123