588,658 active members*
6,099 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 10 12345

Hybrid View

+1 on "I really like the improvements in the material properties section."

David

I have tried to install the program a couple times without success. Either an error about .net appears and asks if you want to install it, or the installer starts and exits without doing anything.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by RTP_Burnsville View Post
    I have tried to install the program a couple times without success. Either an error about .net appears and asks if you want to install it, or the installer starts and exits without doing anything.

Robert
    FSWizard requires .NET v2.0 or later to run

From what you are describing i can tell that the installer does not see .NET on your computer.

You simply need to agree to download the .NET framework from Microsoft website.
    That's all. After .NET is installed everything should work just fine.

awsom program i have no idea how much work it is to put somthing like this together but to give it away for free is great thankyou very much i down loaded the latest version with no problem but it does not save machine settings on exit but no biggy ill gadly enter it

Quote Originally Posted by hanover owing View Post
    awsom program i have no idea how much work it is to put somthing like this together but to give it away for free is great thankyou very much i down loaded the latest version with no problem but it does not save machine settings on exit but no biggy ill gadly enter it
    Are you sure? it doesn't remember settings on exit?
    You are probably not using the latest version v0.013 i update things a couple of times a week sometimes.
    If you do then i would really like to hear the symptoms.

What version of .NET are you running?
    Is it giving any errors?

Quote Originally Posted by zero_divide View Post
    FSWizard requires .NET v2.0 or later to run

From what you are describing i can tell that the installer does not see .NET on your computer.

You simply need to agree to download the .NET framework from Microsoft website.
    That's all. After .NET is installed everything should work just fine.
    Thanks, but MS Net is installed.

Hi Zero,
    Just to let you know it installed just fine here and is working well.
    Win7 32bit acer laptop.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Try as I might, I can't download the latest version, earlier version downloaded & installed just fine.
    Every time I click on any of the download links, it just says " waiting for zero-divide.net" and then says "done" - but it won't/doesn't download - just routes me straight back to the download page.
    Confused...

Try as I might, I can't download the latest version, earlier version downloaded & installed just fine.
    Every time I click on any of the download links, it just says " waiting for zero-divide.net" and then says "done" - but it won't/doesn't download - just routes me straight back to the download page.
    Confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Neill View Post
    Confused...
    Sorry about that: the download script was buggy.
    Were you using IExplorer or something?
    Anyway I think i might have just fixed it. Tried it on 3 different computers.
    Please try again.

hanover owing,
    I think it might be because of your .NET2.0.
    I scaled FSWizard back from 4.0 to 2.0. to let more people use it without having to download newer framework version
    While it works perfectly with 4.0, 2.0 may cause some issues.

If you want you could try to install 4.0 from microsoft site (here-> Download .NET for: Desktop, Server & Development | Microsoft .NET Framework)and tell me if it works then.

i downloadwd .net4.0 still doesnt save machine paramiters on close no biggy tho i can handle entering them if no one else has that problem

this is more of a noob Tormach question... plus add in a bit of noob milling in general, and just a very little bit of FS wizard question...

anyway, here is my question...
    I am planning a cut, well more of a pocket really, well, more of just a dent really, a 0.05" pocket to be exact... using a 4 flute carbide 1/2 endmill, into 6061 alum... nothing special/hard really, be 2 passes, a 0.045" roughing and a nice smooth .005" finish cut to make it all pretty and shiny...shiny is important

so I plug my info into FS wizard, and it says 100ipm can the pcnc 1100 do that? really? I have been super extra ultra conservative with my F&S's, just because, well, I have no clue what I am doing really...
    but cutting at 100ipm seems fast for a little 'bench top' mill...

also, anyone know what the max torque should be for the pcnc? I am guessing it should be pretty low?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
    this is more of a noob Tormach question... plus add in a bit of noob milling in general, and just a very little bit of FS wizard question...

I am planning a cut, well more of a pocket really, well, more of just a dent really, a 0.05" pocket to be exact... using a 4 flute carbide 1/2 endmill, into 6061 alum... nothing special/hard really, be 2 passes, a 0.045" roughing and a nice smooth .005" finish cut to make it all pretty and shiny...shiny is important

so I plug my info into FS wizard, and it says 100ipm can the pcnc 1100 do that? really? I have been super extra ultra conservative with my F&S's, just because, well, I have no clue what I am doing really...

also, anyone know what the max torque should be for the pcnc? I am guessing it should be pretty low?
    Well that is why there are limit fields with which you can control pretty much everything.
    Just type in your 1hp limit and be safe.
    Also max feed for tormach seems to be around 100 ipm.
    They dont specify torque.

In my experience you need .003" feed per tooth for mirror-like finish

Quote Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post

No, I would NOT go by those numbers. At that depth of cut horsepower should not be a limiting factor, but you won't get a very smooth finish. I'd recommend no faster than 30ipm @ full RPM's, but even that will still leave tooling marks.

A good intro to finishes can be found here:
    Tips for getting the best cnc milling surface finish

I'm running .net 4.5 and firefox,got it to install running setup as administrator.

Thanks
    Hurco KMB1 Build
    Wholesale Tool 3in1 conversion
    C-Constant
    N-Nonworking
    C-Contraption

Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    I'm running .net 4.5 and firefox,got it to install running setup as administrator.

Thanks
    Me too
    Gerry
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

zero_d,

I'm finding the calculated values do not always update when they should. One consistent example is if I check the "ball nose" check box, the values change. But when I un-check it, they do not revert to the previous values. Oddly enough, I've seen similar behavior in GWizard at times. I'm running v0.013.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by HimyKabibble View Post
    zero_d,

I'm finding the calculated values do not always update when they should. One consistent example is if I check the "ball nose" check box, the values change. But when I un-check it, they do not revert to the previous values. Oddly enough, I've seen similar behavior in GWizard at times. I'm running v0.013.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Good point, Ray!
    It is actually the planned behavior.
    But i see now that it would be better if radius went to zero after unchecking that box.
    This will be improved in next release.

Thanks.

New standalone version is available for download!
    Would like to thank everybody who gave me feedback. Even if your suggestions were not implemented this release, they are probably still in the pipeline.

Also there is a ZIPped archive for those who can not use installer because they need special permissions to install software.

Some of the new things are:
    •Tool Breakage prevention against Deflection and Torque
    •New tool types added to the list.
    •POP-UP Help baloons for many fields

Again download page is hereFSWizard Standalone

Installed over .013. Had to run as administrator to get it to install over the old files (no big surprise. Win7x64). Then it throws a .NET error on launch. Clicked continue on that and it seemed to work... but, pressing the close box throws the same .NET error and nothing I can do, save killing the program in Task Manager closes the app. That's a bit annoying
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSWiz14-3.JPG  

Page 3 of 10 12345