588,495 active members*
4,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Cheap 1500W Chinese spindle, experiences?
Page 38 of 68 28363738394048
    Then again, you'd hope that a bull**** 4KW is still greater than a real 1KW.

I wonder how much power people actually use - Has anyone actually monitored the current draw or load percentage on the VFD during let's say a high-speed cut through a sheet of MDF ?

Quote Originally Posted by yngndrw View Post
    Then again, you'd hope that a bull**** 4KW is still greater than a real 1KW.
    You never know :O

haha.

4KW for $600 dollars does sound good though. who is selling it for that price?

ebay, around $940 (shipped) with VFD. I think the RV55 is 1.5 hp? I'd rather have something reliable than something iffy. Cheap stuff usually ends up costing more in the long run. More money, more time. Plus the rv fits the b/c doughty system. What can't I do with a 1.5hp rv55? I just cut wood and aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by HereinCS View Post
    ebay, around $940 with VFD. I think the RV55 is 1.5 hp? I'd rather have something reliable than something iffy. Cheap stuff usually ends up costing more in the long run. More money, more time. Plus the rv fits the b/c doughty system.
    I think 1.5 HP would be more than enough for my requirements. I never plan on doing steel, just copper and aluminum, foam, etc. I only have a 3" z axis (mainly for sheet and plate). I think i might take the reliability and accuracy over the 4KW, since i probably cant use the 4KW to its full potential anyways. It probably ways a TON as well, which my K2 8" z axis would not appreciate(25-35lb max). My machine doesn't run yet i'm still rebuilding it.

has anyone purchased the .8KW Chinese air cooled spindle? Does it work well?
    For $150 bucks you cant really go wrong, at least to test the waters of Chinese manufacturing on the cheap. Do you think it would have enough power to mill aluminum? I would rather learn on a cheap $150 spindle then to ram a brand new high dollar spindle into the table or the part and wreck it..

I contacted the seller on the 4kw unit....it weights 24-25lbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4KW-AIR-COOLED-S...ht_3418wt_1003

Are you talking about this 4KW unit?

$600 dollars shipped.

I would rather learn on a cheap $150 spindle then to ram a brand new high dollar spindle into the table or the part and wreck it..
    Knowing what you're doing will only prolong the occurrence of such an event.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4KW-AIR-COOLED-S...ht_3418wt_1003

Are you talking about this 4KW unit?

$600 dollars shipped.

That's the one. They also have a 3kw unit for around $200 less. Also uses an ER20 collet. BTW...is ER20 the way to go?

That's the one. They also have a 3kw unit for around $200 less. Also uses an ER20 collet. BTW...is ER20 the way to go?
    ER20 gives you a very wide range. MM specs are exact, the "inches" are just a ballpark approx. Hope that helps.

ER16: .5mm to 10mm (.019"-.39")
    ER20: 1mm to 13mm (.039"-.51")
    ER25: 1mm to 16mm (.039"-.62")
    ER32: 2mm to 20mm (.078"-.78")
    ER40: 2mm to 29mm (.078"- 1.14")

I use the ER20 as I have a sizable collection of 1/2" and 1/4" router bits. My Chinese spindle came with a 9mm collet so I went to MariTool and purchased 1/4" and 1/2" collets. Nice quality and good prices

I've been looking at the Colombo rv55 at $800. The 4kw chinese spindle is arount $600 shipped. Which would you chose if this difference in price is negligible to you?
    http://www.pdscolombo.com/

"1.5 HP, RV55 spindle for $1078. This spindle would be similar to a router motor, only with higher precision and 3 phase power. It has a shaft driven fan and a single bearing front and rear. The spindle is not suitable for plunge type cuts due to the bearing configuration and I would not recommend it for cutting aluminum, unless it is very light work."

Considering some of there spindles cost $20,000+ the sales guy probably laughs at even the thought of using a Chinese spindle. Never the less, ill just stick to the Chinese spindle i guess at this point. Might as well right? its proven to work well when it works, and dies when it dies.

3 and kw spindles

I'd love to hear a report on these 3 and 4 KW guys.Air cooled would remove some of the the hassel and worry of the Chuinese spindles, and many of us really need the ER 20 collet, if not the power, of a bigger spindle. These look like a real bargain worth the risk. I'm happy with the round water cooled 2.2 KW, even though my first one failed after a year (I now keep a spare on hand...) but I have to admit the water cooling, though it's never posed a problem, freaks me out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by endgrainguy View Post
    I'd love to hear a report on these 3 and 4 KW guys.Air cooled would remove some of the the hassel and worry of the Chuinese spindles, and many of us really need the ER 20 collet, if not the power, of a bigger spindle. These look like a real bargain worth the risk. I'm happy with the round water cooled 2.2 KW, even though my first one failed after a year (I now keep a spare on hand...) but I have to admit the water cooling, though it's never posed a problem, freaks me out a bit.
    I feel the same way with water cooling. Just one more thing you have to watch.

Can the connection wire on this spindle be turned so that it points towards the collet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4KWaircooled.jpg  

It looks as if it can be by just unscrewing the two black screws at the bas of the connector and turning it.

It looks as if the entire connector is external to the unit.

Can the connection wire on this spindle be turned so that it points towards the collet?
    Looks fairly well made! Has anyone bought one of these yet? Can anyone vouch for it yet? More pictures would be awesome.

I'll probably pick up the spindle once the seller takes a picture of the actual product so that I can judge the size. This picture is that of a 4kw unit. I'm getting the 3kw unit. Thinking about the vfd as well. I'm leaning against the chinese vfd, but am not sure which name brand VFD would work. Can some one suggest one that would work with a 3 kw unit for certain? Thanks.

Hello guys I need help in finding a better replacement for my 2.2kw watercooled spindle motor from Chai. The bearing goes dead and I need a replacement fast, I would like to buy maybe yasakawa or other decend ones. Can you guys tell me the make and model number?

need help please I'm truely stuck

ok I finally got the shaft out to get into the bearings but unfortunately i can not get the big bearings out at the front part does anyone knows how to disamble this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG2140.JPG  

no body yet? please help someone I really needed help on this one urgently cuz my deadlines are way pass overdue.

Page 38 of 68 28363738394048