588,711 active members*
5,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Vancouver Washington/Portland Oregon
Page 4 of 5 2345
    Hi dear guys,
    I am a CNC Programmer & trainer with about 20 years experience(15 years in teaching of G code Programming).
    Unfortunately I am living in Iran, but due to this fact that I am fluent in English language I think I can train u by internet chatting and by means of Simulator softwares.
    We can start the job for a trial term and if u find it useful , u will pay my wage by means of a Bank credit.
    Our Programming Courses can be according to Fanuc, Siemens Heidenhain and Fagor Controllers (Mill and or Lathe).
    Best Regards
    Jalal Haghi
    email : [email protected]
    [email protected]
    :wave:

Tools for sale in Portland, OR area

If anyone is interested, I just posted my 20" Woodtek Disc sander and my G1071 Grizzly Oscillating spindle sander on the Portland craigslist. These are great tools for anyone interested in doing some pattern work.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    If anyone is interested, I just posted my 20" Woodtek Disc sander and my G1071 Grizzly Oscillating spindle sander on the Portland craigslist. These are great tools for anyone interested in doing some pattern work.

Alan

Where do you live? I have stumbled upon your website before while searching for some diy casting stuff. I'm up near Tacoma, WA. I don't need any equipment, but its always nice to know people in the area!
    Ill send you a friend request!

I live in Woodburn, OR about 30 miles south of Portland on I-5.

Alan

I am in Vancouver Nice to know I'm not the only tinkerer here.

I'm also in Vancouver, WA! Only know a couple other hobby cnc'ers in the area, so hearing there are more is great to know!

Hey falcon, where in the 'Couve are you? I'm off Padden 'n 205....

not too far from ya. hwy 14 and 205

Burien,S Seattle Wa

I am building my CnC machine. Anyone one in this area. Is there a club or a group meeting.

If not any interest in starting something.

Oh wow! I'm slow to respond! Lol! Yeah, Falcon69, that is close! Pass by you every day going to and from work! What do you have for equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by bassix187 View Post
    Oh wow! I'm slow to respond! Lol! Yeah, Falcon69, that is close! Pass by you every day going to and from work! What do you have for equipment?

Nothing Yet. My buld thread is in the DIY wood router section.

I'm having trouble locating a Laser Machine here in the Vancouver/Portland area that can cut out my project. Also, funds are holding up the project as well. :/

What are you looking to have lasered? Have you thought about waterjet? Either way, might know somebody....

I thought about waterjet, but, It leaves like a 1 - 2 degree kerf. And I think it is more expensive since I'm only using 1/4" and 3/8".

True, but wasn't sure what pieces you were looking to have cut. I'll talk to a couple people I know, see if they still have their lasers. How many pieces, shapes, and sizes?

hmm, lots of pieces. all 1/4" or 3/8" thick steel. I am also looking for a well qualified welder as well. Then, after it's all welded up, i need to find a shop to do the machining so everything is flat and square before putting it together.

I won't have the money for awhile though to do that. My next check, I'm going to finish buying up the electronics, racks, aluminum extrusion, and probably have those circuit boads made that John100 helped me design (well, actually he designed them, I just drew it up on a circuit program.)

Ah! I'll let you know if I find someone who can help you out with that. Being that I just got laid off, I'll be visiting many shops in the near future!

Laser Shop

I found a steel shop in Tualitin with a laser that can cut 1" steel.

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    I found a steel shop in Tualitin with a laser that can cut 1" steel.
    Do you know their accuracy? Do you know their cost? What I've noticed from Water-Jet machines, of businesses I've called, They have a set-up charge, then a per inch charge.

What's the name of the shop?

I got a quote from them but I didn't pursue it further.

Their email address is [email protected]

thanks acondit. I'll check em out.

Page 4 of 5 2345