588,507 active members*
5,911 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 6 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    No, If you have a tool in the spindle, that's only a proof that sometimes was pressure. If you don't have it actually, you can't remove the tool.
    That's a good point. My release button doesn't do anything at this point, but I don't yet know if it's pressure or switch related. I suspect my I01 error is the culprit right now.

You should first test, if your security-stop chain is intact. Without a circuit diagram its complicated, but without this, no chance to start whatever. Eventually you can begin with the mushroom switch on the front of the enclosure. If there 2 connected wires near the switch but an unconnected switch, the preuser have it deactivated. Unfortunately I don't know whats the signalvoltage of that machine, the bulb with 110V is a sign, they have 110V. That is dangerous to work with. But you can look at the big relays, they have a sign, where you can read the voltage. If they have 24V, what is european standard since more than 20 Years, you can easily test the connection. If the machine is provided for an electronic handwheel, there must be anywhere a connector. If you don't have the handwheel and no shortcircuit connector, than you have your safety chain broken at this point.

I think I will have a couple of hours to devote to the cause today, so I will start with the E-stop wiring. There is no handwheel for this machine, or even a port where one would connect, that I have found.

A few minutes with a test meter will give me a better idea of what I am dealing with here. Hopefully nothing serious.

Thanks uli.

Did some probing of the console connections and both the start and E-stop are without power. There are a couple of pictures below from in the cabinet...

The wire runs from the console to the switch in the top right corner of image 2, which is the 110/220 option switch. From there it goes to the switch bank just to the left of that on the backplane. Then it on to the black box (relay?) to the right of the two Siemens switches at the upper left. That's where the funny stuff starts. There is an orange wire that has been jumped back up to the switch at the top right of the backplane, and the stock wire can be seen disconnected near the Siemens switches.

Would anyone have the e-stop segment of a schematic? I could probably figure out what's what with a bit of guidance. Gotta run for an errand, but will be back soon.

Thanks,
    Davey Boy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg  

Here are a couple more shots of inside the cabinet and one of the hydraulic tank with the motor embedded....

It looks to me like the console start & E-stop switches are 110V.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   5.jpg   7.jpg  

It looks like someone has done an exploratory on the Z axis linear scale. Not only that, the bracket for the reader head is missing completely. Would anyone know what thickness that support, whatever it is, should be?

Thanks,
    Davey Boy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg   9.jpg  

Strange, normally the machines with the Philips control have some philips specifically open linear scales, like you can see at the Maho MC5HS thread.

But in these case they have a Heidenhain LS403?. The scale seems normal for me except of the bended cover in the first pic. The rubberlips for the scale are available as cheap spare parts from Heidenhain. If you have the scales in the other axis as well, have they an airsource for preventing dust or chips come into the enclosure.

I'm afraid I need more than just the rubber lips... the glass is broken inside the scale.

Hopefully this old girl doesn't turn out to be the money pit that the troll remarked about in ihavenofish's thread a couple of doors over.

Oh, thats bad, thats the most expensive part in the scale. I don't know how common used the HH parts are in Canada or Usa. If you can't get a payable sparepart, you can search on Ebay.de. They have often used HH scales to sell.

The LS 403 scale is an obsolete part. But not a worry usually HH has a equvalent upgradable part that will plug and play. I just bought a HH upgrade scale for a grinder (.0001" resolution) for something just over $1000. Phone a company called " SK Braley " in Brampton. he is the HH dealer for Canada.

I do know the regional sales manager for Heidenhain here in southern Ontario. I sent him an email, but he's away until next Monday. I'll see what he can do, but I have bought this same model recently when I was with a local machine rebuilder and it's worth about $450 CAD, I think.

As far as I know, you can't remove the reader from the scale body, to replace just one of the parts. I will have a look on ebay just to see what is available.

Quote Originally Posted by thebodger View Post
    I just bought a HH upgrade scale for a grinder (.0001" resolution) for something just over $1000.
    That sounds expensive for a 500mm scale, but it is high res. Is that what these Maho scales are? I don't have a Heidenhain book here, but maybe the ones I've bought were .001".

please help me with constants for maho mh600e

Hi , i have a maho mh600 e , fabric number 64127 . I need the constants . Please help me .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22062012(002).jpg   22062012(003).jpg   22062012(004).jpg   22062012(005).jpg  

My machine is very similar to yours, but my console doesn't have the +6 -6 buttons. There may be other things different, but the constants for mine are attached. Hope they help.

Best of luck,
    Davey Boy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know, that the LS403 if that is the number, are obsolete, in these days they had a current output with 11uApp, today are 1,1Vpp. I have ask our german HH representation, the old scales are in stock, but they need the number and length, sometimes they have refurbished used scales, they are cheaper than the new ones.

Davey:
    The scale I bought was 1540mm long, not 500mm. They get more expensive the higher the rez and longer in length. As far as the rez of your LS403, I don't know. It's kind of rare to see HH scales on those older MAHO. Usually they use Philips open type scales, as was stated in an earlier post.

Thanks Uli.

The number from the scale is LS403 226 520 8Y (maybe 6Y, there is a bruise on the label) and the reader is 80281925. The length of the scale is 520mm.

Quote Originally Posted by thebodger View Post
    Davey:
    The scale I bought was 1540mm long, not 500mm. They get more expensive the higher the rez and longer in length. As far as the rez of your LS403, I don't know. It's kind of rare to see HH scales on those older MAHO. Usually they use Philips open type scales, as was stated in an earlier post.
    WOW! No wonder it was $1000 with a length like that. Are the Phillips scales still available? Are they better? I don't have any experience with them.

Thanks,
    Davey Boy.

Philips scales are very rare. I don't think you can get them anymore from MAHO. I had to replace a Philips reader head, and I ended up getting from someone in England who had some spares.
    However, I certainlly would not reccomend going to Philips scales. It would most likely require the changing of the LM or RM drive boards in the CNC, and possible constants. Just to expensive and too much hassle.

Good to know. Thank you.

Page 4 of 6 23456