588,208 active members*
4,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > X3 conversion using the CNCFusion Deluxe kit
Page 4 of 4 234

Smile X3 z travel.

My Z travel is now 360mm. You say it's a bit twisty way up there, but it sure is easier than cutting norfmal drills down to stubs.
    A few more mods and the head will hit the table lying on it's side. Gooid excuse to remove guard hing junk.
    New counterballancing arrangement. X,Y and Z better than 0.001".
    Put the head at the bottom.
    Rotate 90 degrees.
    3" 3 jaw chuck. (stolen from4th axis, with R8 adapter)
    Instant CNC lathe! ( with weird tool holders)
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

MRM,

My X travel is 16 inches, but I'm only using 14 inches because I only run my table in the positive direction till the edge of the table reaches the edge of the Y saddle.

My Y travel is 6 inches and the table appears to be centered in the travel of the axis.

I haven't checked my Z axis yet.
    Walking is highly over-rated

Thanks Guys

I just ordered my kit Friday. Could any of you take some pics of the Y Axis set up. I have an idea to get ~1in of extra travel on each end. With limit switches, should be able to reach each end of the table.

This will be fun.

Kelvin

Quote Originally Posted by MRM RCModels View Post
    I just ordered my kit Friday. Could any of you take some pics of the Y Axis set up. I have an idea to get ~1in of extra travel on each end. With limit switches, should be able to reach each end of the table.

This will be fun.

Kelvin
    Congrats,

The very first post of this thread has 3 pics that show the y-axis saddle, y-axis dovetail on the base, and y-axis saddle mounted to the x-axis table.
    I didn't take any pocs of the y-axis screw assembly,but there's pics on CNCFusion's site. They have changed the ballnut mounting block since their pics were taken. They did this in order to center the axis travel to the table. Here's a link to their pics:
    http://www.cncfusion.com/images/X3mo...eX3photos.html

When I measured the y-axis travel for you, I turned the screw by hand until the bearing block/motor mount assembly hit ballnut and then turned the screw by hand in the other direction until there was about 3/4 to 1"" of thread left showing before the balls would start coming out.

Cheers,
    Jack

Re: X3 conversion using the CNCFusion Deluxe kit

Hey guys,

Anybody need some cnc benchtop machines......... I have an X3 mill(same one from this thread, Lathemaster 8x14 lathe, and a 3040T router for sale............ Pick up in OKLAHOMA

My Mom and I have lived together until last Tuesday.......... She passed at 87 years old........... It looks like I'll need to move and won't have a place for my machines.

Page 4 of 4 234