588,408 active members*
5,213 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 41 of 226 3139404142435191141
    and heres out near tool changer spindle.

this ones neat.

- its very small at 80mm square and 9" long, making it just about the smallest ISO25 spindle out thre.
    - its roughly 2hp at 18000rpm and totally passive. no water cooling, to fans.
    - its mostly aluminium so its light enough to fit most routers.
    - its got duplex high grade angular contact bearings in the nose making it stronger and more precise than most lower priced spindes.
    - you can have it with the hydraulic drawbar release on the back, or in a manual drawbar - both using standard ISO25 holders. this means you can buy a manual version, then upgrade it easily later on for a fairly low price.
    - the drawbar uses a remote air over hydraulic cylinder to keep the size down. the remote cylinder will be made to fit inside the router frame, under the table top - same as the brake cylinder for the rotary table.

it will work with a variety of VFD's, including the standard delta model use on colombo spindles so its fully controlable from mach3 or EMC2. we will probabaly come up with an inexpensive VFD to match it.

later on there will be an all steel water cooled version of the spindle to fit inside many hobby scale milling machines. this will match the steel version of the rotary table.

Just an update on my ongoing problems with George. He has stopped replying to my emails all together! I thought he would come through eventually but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I've filled a complaint with the Canadian Better Business Bureau. Has has not replied to them either. Also, there is now a record of XZERO Automation with the CBBB. Anyone else who is having trouble with George, please contact them and let them know.

PLEASE, anyone thinking about doing business with George..........DON"T!!!!!!! This guy is screwing me over big time and I would hate to see anyone else have to deal with what I'm dealing with now.

Hey man, are you the guy waiting for a new Y axis (back plate, rails) I hope you sent the old parts back. I believe I mentioned that a while ago. Remember i don't think any company would replace parts before recieving the old ones back. Same goes with warranty replacement parts from a car dealer, any company they see old bad parts and replace with new parts. Thats how the ball bouces. In a nut shell.

If this is not you then i'm very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydawg View Post
    Just an update on my ongoing problems with George. He has stopped replying to my emails all together! I thought he would come through eventually but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I've filled a complaint with the Canadian Better Business Bureau. Has has not replied to them either. Also, there is now a record of XZERO Automation with the CBBB. Anyone else who is having trouble with George, please contact them and let them know.

PLEASE, anyone thinking about doing business with George..........DON"T!!!!!!! This guy is screwing me over big time and I would hate to see anyone else have to deal with what I'm dealing with now.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2768 View Post
    Hey man, are you the guy waiting for a new Y axis (back plate, rails) I hope you sent the old parts back. I believe I mentioned that a while ago. Remember i don't think any company would replace parts before recieving the old ones back. Same goes with warranty replacement parts from a car dealer, any company they see old bad parts and replace with new parts. Thats how the ball bouces. In a nut shell.

If this is not you then i'm very sorry.
    Yup, same guy. George asked that I hang onto the y axis until the new one arrived. In addition to the bad y axis he still has not sent the rest of the parts I ordered. Typical of the way George does business, he's promised to send the parts ever time I email him but he never does. Just don't know what else to do now.

Unhappy Dog Gone Parts

Yup, same guy. George asked that I hang onto the y axis until the new one arrived. In addition to the bad y axis he still has not sent the rest of the parts I ordered. Typical of the way George does business, he's promised to send the parts ever time I email him but he never does. Just don't know what else to do now.
    Jaydawg,

George keeps posting new or revised parts every few days, why wont he make warranty parts for your defective machine?
    Do you think George's dog is replying to your email's. Maybe George is so busy he does not know about your dilemma.
    Could the dog be filling out the shipping labels and UPS man is delivering the parts to the wrong address?
    Is customs impounding the parts for a top secret project?
    I wonder if the dog thinks the parts are bones and buried them in George's back yard?
    Can't you wait another few years for your parts? George just needs more time to train the pooch.

JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

Mark me down for them to contact if they have any questions about George. I have recently done business with him as well and find him EXTREMELY easy to work with. He may take an extra hour or two to get back with me with the exact information I needed and he was so non-cooperative that he called me from Canada to WV long distance on his own dime to make sure I got what I needed.

Sure, have them contact me. I will make sure they hear how terrible he is.

Sorry, dude, you must be doing something wrong as everything you are saying is the opposite of what I have found. I even thought I read on here a while back where George was trying to make you happy on the open forum.

You have no leg to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by chadcummings View Post
    Mark me down for them to contact if they have any questions about George. I have recently done business with him as well and find him EXTREMELY easy to work with. He may take an extra hour or two to get back with me with the exact information I needed and he was so non-cooperative that he called me from Canada to WV long distance on his own dime to make sure I got what I needed.

Sorry, dude, you must be doing something wrong as everything you are saying is the opposite of what I have found. I even thought I read on here a while back where George was trying to make you happy on the open forum.

So what do you think I could be doing wrong?

I've documented the defective part as requested. Been in constant contact with George. Been very understanding of Georges time frame.

Please give me some idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Jaydawg,

George keeps posting new or revised parts every few days, why wont he make warranty parts for your defective machine?
    Do you think George's dog is replying to your email's. Maybe George is so busy he does not know about your dilemma.
    Could the dog be filling out the shipping labels and UPS man is delivering the parts to the wrong address?
    Is customs impounding the parts for a top secret project?
    I wonder if the dog thinks the parts are bones and buried them in George's back yard?
    Can't you wait another few years for your parts? George just needs more time to train the pooch.

JoeyB
    I'm not really sure how to take your comment?

I notice this is your first post. Did you register just to comment on my problem with George?

I'm not really sure how to take your comment?

I notice this is your first post. Did you register just to comment on my problem with George?
    I registered about a week ago. I commented because I have read nothing but negative remarks from you.

I registered about a week ago. I commented because I have read nothing but negative remarks from you.
    OK, so back to my original question. What am I doing wrong?

Of course my comments have become negative. I paid for a machine over a year ago now and have had nothing but trouble with George. If you have some insight into my problem, please let me know.

Angry I completely understand why you would be pissed off.

Jaydawg,

I completely understand why you would be pissed off.
    Giving George a chance to train his dog so warranty support on your machine is fulfilled might be a little hard to take.

JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

chad you actually registered in 2008,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    chad you actually registered in 2008,
    I had forgotten that I was a member that long.

I registered on another site last week and thought it was this site.

I have hung around doing research and planning to get a machine for a while. I had a lot of time on my hands while I was in Afghanistan.

did a piece for you fellows last week!

got a pic of your machine in your shop?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7577.JPG  
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Question

Jesus Murphy, can't we all talk about the constructive side of things here?

OK, so back to my original question. What am I doing wrong?

Of course my comments have become negative. I paid for a machine over a year ago now and have had nothing but trouble with George. If you have some insight into my problem, please let me know.
    ive talked to george every day the last week. what email are you sending to?

in any case, what you are doing wrong is acting out your frustration on a message board he checks once in a while, then acting out furthur when he doesnt respond 20 minutes after your post on a sunday. so a few things...

number 1, george is not trying to screw you. its honestly not worth the energy. if he wanted to screw you, hed have take your money, not sent a machine, and moved to cuba.

number 2, what you are saying on the forum here is vague at best, and impossible for other forum members to make heads or tales of, let alone attempt to offer help on. now, i know a little more about your situation than the people here, and what i get the feel of is 2 completely different stories, and given george is a person i talk to regularly in person, and have never had an issue with other than obvious occasional slowness, you can gues what direction i lean.

so, heres the thing. george is sometimes sporadic in email response. sometime he'll miss a few, or take a few days to get back. you know this by now, so yelling on an internet forum isnt gonna help. hes also running a 1 man show, and does need GENTLE calm and coherent prodding sometimes to make sure he doesnt forget anything needing shipping. hes also at the mercy of a variety of vendors who may or may not keep their own delivery commitents.

so, since im not about to dig through the archives, so in a list, write oput what is wrong with the specific parts of the machine, and what parts you have not recieved that you have paid for.

then we know what your complaining about for 1, and george will have a nice organised message to read and respond to.

this is one of the reasons im working with him to be able to offer a turnkey solution, with tech support, for those willing to pay a little extra to have it be idiot proof... well maybe not idiot machinist proof

Like i told Jawdog a long .long time ago, return the part and i will replace it ,just like any other company out there, i not going to start replace machine with out even seeing what the problem is,
    maybe joey donuts would sent you have a half of a machine with out even seeing the old one first , that got damaged in shipping ,
    When i get the old part , i will send you the mew part that day ,even if it is not damaged
    XZero cnc

I really don't understand why why it has not been sent back here ?
    XZero cnc

you don't even have to put it in a box or nothing ,i don't care if it get damaged coming back here, i just want the old part to see
    XZero cnc

Maybe today ill tell Hiwin the rails that just sent me are bent, and to send me new ones lol maybe it will work
    XZero cnc

Page 41 of 226 3139404142435191141